Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support .DWG Format

why can i not imput files with a .DWG file type, i made them in the autocad 3d suite and would love to edit them.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the moment we only import .obj file format. I’ve renamed your topic to Support .DWG for consideration of adding support. I will say this isn’t a common request and not a format we’re considering immediately. We are looking into supporting .stl, .iges, .step, .skp, and .fbx as our top priorities.

2. Save autogenerated HDR files for use in other apps.

It would be great if we could use the autogenerated from backplate HDR file for use in other apps.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. zBrush Bridge for Adobe Dimension

How about working together with Pixologic in order to provide a zBrush bridge? It would be wonderful to be able to sculpt something in zBrush and then Just like the Keyshot bridge send it to Dimension for rendering without cumbersome exporting/importing.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export as html5

It would be very usefull if objects could be exported as rotatable 3D objects in html5

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Facebook 3D photos - PLEASE!

I do a lot of product photos, would love to be able to generate what is needed to make the new Facebook 3D photos.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export as Photoshop 3D Layer

Export as Photoshop 3D layer

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use .dn file in other applications like InDesign and Illustrator

Would it be possible to import a Dimension file into InDesign and place it like pictures from PhotoShop, and when published as a PDF it would render the right size of file that would fit screen or print resolution? In that way you didn't have to decide on the final render size in Dimension and waste time on different render sizes.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting suggestion. We could definitely have the scene exposed in a way that you could load it dynamically into another application like Ps/Ai, etc. and render out a version of the image at the right size. However, these apps don’t have the rendering engine that Dimension does, so unless you do a longer render, it would just look like our canvas or something similar, not a final quality.

Would that be what you’re looking for or at that time would you want to be able to link it to Dimension to do the render and give you the final result at the right resolution?

8. AxF - Appearance Exchange Format Support

Axf support. Would like to see Appearance Transfer File support.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion! I’m only loosely familiar with AxF. I’m curious to know your pipeline, what other tools are you using? Why, for your workflow, and in your words, would this be important to support? More details help stimulate the conversation and get votes for those who might not be familiar with the AxF format and helps the product team understand your needs.

9. Reload Geometry

I have noticed minor issues with my imported obj models that require a quick adjustment to the geometry in Blender 3D. However, when I go to reopen the Felix project, the changes are not reflected, meaning that Felix doesn't seem to be refreshing the model when a project is reopened. It would be nice to have a "Reload Geometry" button to facilitate updating the model to reflect new adjustments.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Importing files from Revit software

It would be great if this could work to import a file from Revit (.dwx, .dwf, .nsw) so we could use for Architectural rendering. Please let me know if there is already a way to do this. Love all the Adobe programs I currently use (Ps, Id, Lr, Ai) and look forward to hopefully getting to utilize Dimension as well!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export the 2D Graphic/Image of Model to PSD

Great app for presentation, but it would be really useful, for me and many people I know at least, to output the graphic component only in flat PSD file for print production. Currently, I use the 3D features in PSD such as UV texture for print needs. But many people can't wrap their heads around the concept of UV mapping. Dimension already makes it easy to design for the layman, if the app removes technical barrier going from 3D to 2D, I'm certain it'd become a valuable tool in the print industry.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feedback on Loading Progress

It would be a good idea to have feedback on the progress of loading a model into Felix. It's been 30 min and there is no sign of this OBJ asset being ready to edit.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Is there any way to import your own custom color library?

I have a custom color library that I've created and I want to use it in combination with the materials Dimension provides. It would be great if I could choose a material and then just drag and drop my own colors on top of the material.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!
    Thanks so much for the suggestion. We are very interested in supporting color in Dimension.
    Could you tell us more about your workflow? Where do you usually get your color swatches? Do you use ASE files or cloud libraries or something else?

14. Texturing support from Daz, marvelous and unity obj files

I'd love to see better texture support coming from DAZ, Unity, Marvelous Designer. Support for a zipped file set would be awesome. 7-zip is a great place to start for that, as they maintain their repository of developer source rather well. I've seen a lot of software implement 7-zip as a backend zip access. Baking in textures and such is very important in compositing.

My purposes:
    I do theatre work, and shoot artistic nature photos as a hobby. Both have benefited from your software suite immensely. It's so easy to understand in most instances. Dimension's basic features have helped in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Importing Hair (blender)

Are there any plans for importing hair into DimnensionCC?
    Blender, Cinema 4D, Zbrush all have strong hair generaters(creators)... but the hair doesn't import into adobe programs (unless it's sculpted from an object).
    Maybe support importing objects with Hair on them for rendering?

Fuse has hair models but they're not too good when compared to what these other programs can generate. They fall short for hyper-realism, and customizing the hair is complicated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. USD import support?

Pixar has open sourced their "Universal Scene Description" file format (www.openusd.org) that is getting a lot of support in the VFX world. Is there any thought of supporting that format, at least for import?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Import groups in objects and improve material import at fx (both from blender)

I would be very helpful to keep groups (collections or parent) at OBJ import.
    AT FBX its possible to import import groups (via parent) ... but here are materials broken (no names and no connection between same color at different objects anymore).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Import .psb files

Import .psb files

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add bump map and enable an option of converting the bump map to a physical mesh displacement at export

Add bump maps for truly realistic rendering
    Enable thes bump maps to be converted into physical mesh displacement like in PS for truly realistic 3D printable models

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. enable obj export for procedural textures as baked PNG's not PSD

At the moment some of the material textures export the texture file as a PSD. It would be usefull if there was an option for them to be exported a PNG files.

My specific application is full color 3D printing and this would mean that the files could be imported as an obj directly into the pre print preparation software without having to import to and then export from PS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base