Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open Files instead of Import

When I go to File, Open, The only optional file types are .asd or *.dn. I am trying to open a Sketchup 2019 file as per attached.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately we don’t allow ‘open’ for any 3D model formats, only to open existing .dn saved scenes. Instead, create a new document, then use File > Import to import .fbx, .skp, stl, and .obj files.

We’ll be adding “import” files to “open” soon!

2. Nested Objects (Import Multiple, into group/bin)

The ability to nest objects Upon import would allow me to actually use DN in a serious capacity.

Think about how solidworks nests small parts in assemblies, and assembles into complete items. Or how Premiere nests clips into sequences, or how objects group in illustrator.

I often work on single products that have tons of small screws, and hardware. I would love the ability to import multiple items (at the same time) into an assembly or group.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Señores como puedo renderizar a la hora de entregar trabajos los clientes se quejan de que no tiene buena resolución.

buenas tardes a todos.

he tenido problemas con el tema de renderizado ya que los clientes han devuelto trabajos de muchas horas de trabajo ya que la imagen final no tiene buena calidad y tengo buen ordenador. donde encuentro tutoriales de renderizado en adobe DN que pago una pasta por estos programas y no quiero quedarle a los clientes mal... de antemano gracias

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Targa import

Targa is a very common format for texture maps. You can open them in PS and convert to PNG/JPEG but it would be nice to have them work with Dimenion right away.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import PTC (prt, asm ) file

Please add PTC ( prt, asm ) files for adobe so that we can add models made in PTC Creo.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Able to set a default 'landing' location for imported objects.

When I import 3D models from Photoshop created OBJ files they currently place at seeming random coordinated at wildly different sizes. Being able to set a default set of coordinates and limiting the height of imported images would save time just getting it to the centre of the screen when importing a new object.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default render export path & filename to the same filename and path as the background image.

Usually when working on a project you open the background image from a certain folder and want to save your render to that same folder. It would be a lot easier to have the default save path be the path that you opened your background image from and ideally maintain the same filename.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base