Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Single Select Tool (combine move/rotate/scale)

Currently Project Felix has three tools for selectiong and transformation, the Move, Scale, and Rotate tools. A single tool would allow you to do some or all of the actions with a single tool with a redesigned interface.

40 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Excited to say we have some initial work here on a single select tool. We’re currently doing some first rounds of testing and will probably have a prototype available more broadly in the next few weeks. I’ll update here when we have something for folks to try!

2. Better Selection Tools (Marquee, Lasso, Paint Select)

Specifically selecting just parts of the model to be able to have different textures or cut out part of the model perhaps. See attached for an idea of what might be accomplished with this. Please give me feedback on if this is already a feature. Thank you.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion! We definitely want to allow for much more customized selections in the future. You said you’d like to cut out part of the model as well, can you say more about what you mean? Do you want to ‘cut it out’ as a new model?

3. Mutilple Object Selection Apply Decal To All

Would be nice to be able select multiple objects and apply the same decal to all at one time - multiple selection amd apply : )

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion here! Should be pretty easy to do. I’m curious would you primarily be selecting different objects of different shapes and sizes or primarily duplicated similar objects?

If the object has multiple parts would you want us to put the decal on all selected parts?

4. Isolation mode ala Illustrator

How about isolation mode like illustrator for dealing with complex grouped objects? The wand tool is a bit clunky.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base