Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set size of decals

The most difficult part in my work with Dimension is to manage the UVmap: even if the face model and the Decal were exactly the same sizes, the textures never corresponded exactly. It would have helped me to be able to indicate the size in cm of a each decal.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't Combine Parts by Material

Dimension seems to automatically combine model parts when they use the same material, such as when I use the Sampler Tool. This is problematic because there seems to be no way to separate the parts after this operation. What if I want to change the properties or material of just one part? Now I can't. If anything, they should be put in a subgroup or navigable tree.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Helllo! I was hoping to get some more information on this topic. Let me start by clarifying that Dimension has 2 ‘lists’. 

There is the Scene Panel ‘object’ list which is all the 3D components. Then there is the “Appearance” list which shows the materials and graphics applied to any specific object.

The object list you can think of as actual parts. These can me moved independently, can be renamed, reorganized, etc.

If you want to have a distinct piece that is always listed as a separate part, you can make it an object in the object list. Make a magic wand selection, then cut/paste the selection into a new object. Now it will show up as a 3D object and can be moved, renamed, etc.

The appearance list however, has different functionality. It’s a list of materials and graphics applied to an object, and is intended to auto-rename and…

3. Shrink Sleeve Label / Wrap-around Graphic Mode

I am working on a sleeve label design for a rounded bottle. In Dimensions, the graphic decal modes don't allow to warp seamlessly the design around the bottle.

This feature works on flat cylindrical models like the drink can included, but not in rounded objects; the graphic gets distorted.

I have found that I can achieve it in Photoshop instead.

It would be great to have a dedicated Shrink Sleeve Label / Wrap-around Mode for Graphics.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for eGPU (external GPU)

I'm running on a mac Mini that meets all the system requirements with an eGPU that also meets the system requirements. Every time I start Dimension I get an OpenGL error message. If I start without the eGPU running I can start the program just fine. Then I can start my eGPU and even use it to speed render times. I would like to not have to go through this unnecessary step every time I start this program.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dimension has never been tested with eGPUs. There’s probably no reason we can’t support them, just haven’t today. At this time we don’t have immediate plans to add this to our testing coverage, but I’ll bring it up to the team and will update here if we start work on it!

A note, it’s not actually expected that plugging in the eGPU afterwards would change anything. Dimension selects the GPU at launch and once selected doesn’t change. I’m very curious about the performance change, but if it’s actually using the eGPU that is not by design.

5. Spinners, nudging, units

Can we have spinners for dimension/scale/etc. changes? Right now you have to actually type a number in each field. Spinners are used in 3DS, and they save lots of time.

Is it possible to nudge the maps? Nudging is standard in other Adobe apps.

Is there a way to permanently set the units to our choice instead of it defaulting to metric each time?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add "Cut-Paste" from one .dn file to another.

The fact that I have to recreate any unique objects I build rather than simply copying them into new projects costs DAYS of time. It is a crippling deficiency in Dimension and it's shocking this is not given the highest possible priority since it is a fundamental feature in all other Adobe products. PLEASE fix this.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use 3rd Party Renderer in Dimension

Good job Adobe for the GPU Render. My rendering went from 30 hours to 4 hours. Now, let's incorporate 3rd Party Plug-ins such as Octane and Redshift

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. French keyboard shortcuts

I have a "default french shortcuts" issue on the new camera behaviors :

I like it a lot to have top, right, left view, assigned to 1234, except, by default, on a standard french mac keyboard, top row is dedicated to &é"'(§è!çà). You can press shift to get 1234… but that means alt-2 becomes alt-shift-2 on a laptop, and it becomes way less practical as a 2 fingers shortcut.

I've also recently discovered the pref menu, so I know i should be able to edit this, but:
    1. if you make a "french keyboard default setup", that would really help. …

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add HSB; RGB, Grayscale sliders

It would be nice to have HSB; RGB, and Grayscale sliders for more precise color tweaking inside Base Color panel, just like in other Adobe apps.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move the pivot point to object axis

E.G If i have a wood box with hinges in the back i will like to open the lid using the hinges axis as a reference point to start rotating the LID.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Optix failing to allocate system memory when device allocation fails

Optix is failing to allocate system memory when device allocation fails, resulting in repeated GPU errors when working on high complexity scenes with an RTX 2060 6gb.

Really inconvenient having to fall back to my cpu and watching it commit 40gb of ram to the render

Blender had the same issue, according to their forums it was fixed by copying a bunch of memory allocation code from the cuda renderer " it really only copies most of the memory allocation code from devicecuda over to deviceoptix to remedy"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Embed Code Parameters

The ease of use of the environment lights and textures are awesome! Viewing in a .gltf viewer doesn't do these projects justice.

I'd love to have a few more features for the embed code so I can more easily integrate them into web projects. Such as autostart, autospin, and remove controls (such as full-screen, restart, and help)

Maybe there's a way to do a premium model that would allow me to showcase a higher resolution and remove the "made in dimension" pop-up.

Wistia has a cool feature where you can visually adjust the iframe embed code

Thanks so much!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Transparent matte plastic

Hi everyone, I tried in every way but I can't recreate the plastic as per attachment; if I work on opacity, the label placed as texure is opaque too; does anyone have an idea ???

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve performance - Dimension is a memory hog

Dimension is an incredible memory hog. Right now it's using about 80% of my Macbook's RAM, plus the swap file while on the Design tab. It's very difficult to work with as currently implemented. I have to zoom out to about 25% to be able to work with the app at all. Any larger and it's completely unresponsive. Even then, actions are veeeery slow. For example:
    - Clicking between models is often unresponsive or delayed.
    - Attempting to select models in the list often does not work because of the delayed response.
    - Opening and closing group folders in the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. report a bug

When I tried to render my works, everytime a window pop up and said app restart needed. I tried different file but still same issue. But I successfully render my work last week, not sure what happened.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. error on FBX import

crash while importing .FBX file from PoserPro 11

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Resize grouped models independently of group

When resizing a group, there is no way to prevent resizing of individual models; conversely, there is no way to resize all models within a group without resizing the group, except to resize each model one by one.
    I work with lots of models in various arrangements, and sometimes need to adjust their spacing. Enlarging the group, then going around a cascade of 54 models one by one to readjust their size is awfully time consuming.
    In Illustrator, we have “Transform Each” — this is exactly what I’m looking for here. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Decal Editing New Gizmo

I have feature reques to add pattern rotation, scaling and moving features into properties panel or add pattern editing gizmo into workpase . Here is the capture from Marvelous Designer where we can find such a gizmo. That is very helpful and useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Re-Color Workflow - Save color palettes, similar to saved views

It would be really awesome to have an efficient re-color workflow. This would be hugely useful to people who use Dimension for images of products which come in various colors. The way I imagine it working is, I can define a palette for each model or shape (or part thereof), then when I go to Render, I can choose the colors to render with checkboxes, just like I currently can with saved views.

This way, when I have to make the same image for five product colors, I can compose the scene once, then check the colors I want rendered.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base