Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Decal/material changing scale

OK so this is more than a bit subtle, but can you see a triangular area where the grain is larger and the decal is broken up?

I'm sure this has something to do with exporting it from solidworks, but wondering if there's a way to fix it in dimensions?

I'd also like to understand the issue more, to avoid it in future.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import Subdivision Surfaces

I bought a 3D model and imported the .obj. A perfect circle looks like it was drawn with a ruler. I don't think it's a problem in the file (the previews of the model in de shop look great) but I think it's the combination with Adobe Dimension.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This model was likely made with a technique called “Subdivision surfaces”. This technique means that the user models a low poly model and then applies a modifier that divides each piece of the model into new pieces, and autosmooths between the new divides.

Dimension doesn’t support subdivision surfaces today, so when you import it, we lose that information and can only import the original geometry.

Support for subdivision surfaces is something we’d like to add, though I don’t have a time estimate on it.

You can ‘bake’ the subdivision surfaces into geometry before exporting from the original modeling tool to have it come into Dimension properly.

3. Better shape controls

I love the new shapes with controls, really helpful.
    But there are a few more basic things missing that would make them really powerful.

1/ Being able to give each corner a radius. So you could make a more rounded square, or make teardrop shapes with this.

2/ Adding the hollow cube, pipe and hollow sphere to the basic shapes. Giving them more control of wall thickness would be great.

Keep up the ace work!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't Ask Users to Post their Dimension.log File on feedback.adobedimension.com

When Dimension crashes, it tells the user to submit a bug report via the Provide Feedback menu item, and to submit their Dimension.log file when doing so. The Provide Feedback menu item redirects the user to this site, feedback.adobedimension.com, where posts are publicly visible. By asking users to submit their log file, Dimension is asking it's users to expose the following information to the public:

userId
    firstName
    lastName
    email
    countryCode
    displayName
    accountType

This information should be kept private. Dimension should not ask its users to expose this information about themselves.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback! The feedback button is supposed to have an in-app mechanism for attaching the file, which seems to not be working.

On this website feedback.adobedimension.com there is a “Contact Us” which you can use to send attachments privately.

We do not recommend attaching log files to forums.

5. Not opening

When I try to open Dimension it simply freezes at the first screen. Sometimes the page doesn't even load fully (see attached screen grab: Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 01.05.53.png). Other times the page loads, but none of the buttons or links work and I can't even close the app without using the Force Quit option.

My system can be seen in the following attached image( Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 01.06.42.png)
    Can you please let me know why this might be?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not opening

When I try to open Dimension it simply freezes at the first screen. Sometimes the page doesn't even load fully (see attached screen grab: Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 01.05.53.png). Other times the page loads, but none of the buttons or links work and I can't even close the app without using the Force Quit option.

My system can be seen in the following attached image( Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 01.06.42.png)
    Can you please let me know why this might be?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not starting up

I'm using a mac pro 2012 with liquid metal gnu and 42gb of ram, after an update it now doesn't start at all, just hangs, can you please rectify this issue?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Don't Combine Parts by Material

Dimension seems to automatically combine model parts when they use the same material, such as when I use the Sampler Tool. This is problematic because there seems to be no way to separate the parts after this operation. What if I want to change the properties or material of just one part? Now I can't. If anything, they should be put in a subgroup or navigable tree.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Helllo! I was hoping to get some more information on this topic. Let me start by clarifying that Dimension has 2 ‘lists’. 

There is the Scene Panel ‘object’ list which is all the 3D components. Then there is the “Appearance” list which shows the materials and graphics applied to any specific object.

The object list you can think of as actual parts. These can me moved independently, can be renamed, reorganized, etc.

If you want to have a distinct piece that is always listed as a separate part, you can make it an object in the object list. Make a magic wand selection, then cut/paste the selection into a new object. Now it will show up as a 3D object and can be moved, renamed, etc.

The appearance list however, has different functionality. It’s a list of materials and graphics applied to an object, and is intended to auto-rename and…

9. One click Material resolution output

It would be nice to setup material output resolution for all materials at the same time instead of selecting each object and defining the output parameter one by one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Workspace

Maybe Dimension can have a setting where you can personalize your workspace and change the color of the workspace.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for VRML file formats

I absolutely love Adobe dimension; the ease with which I can work and render my 3D files is amazing. I mainly produce my 3D models in ZBrush Core which, unlike the full version of ZBrush, can only export color models in VRML format. Being able to import my VRML files into dimension to render in high definition with their full color would really help me display my work at its best. Exporting in VRML formats would be helpful too, as I print my models through Shapeways and VRML formats work best for their uploads.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bug importing .obj files

Why I can't import file .obj + mtl ? maybe because in the MTL file there are materials that adobe dimension doesn't have?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Application Restart Needed" After Attempt to Duplicate Object

Application conistently crashes when trying to duplicate an object. Tried several methods all with same result.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Smart object as any mockup

Adobe Dimension should have the ption to save stickers to editable layers as a smart object and then change the layout in photoshop or alpha chanel, just like any mockup. Don´t just save the depth map.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy & paste of camera views between different DN files

Copy & paste of camera views between different DN files. Currently, there's the only option of bookmarking camera views. It would be great to be able to copy and paste those bookmarks when opening different DN files.

Another way would be to have the option to export the camera views or when drag&drop DN files into the Dimensions UI, to have a pop-up to check what you want to import: models, lights, cameras.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi there, my undo (cmd+z) is just not working at all, tried restatrting still not working, any ideas? I was told it could be a bug

Hi there, my undo (cmd+z) is just not working at all, tried restatrting still not working, any ideas? I was told it could be a bug

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If this is happening consistently with all launches of Dimension, please do the following:

1. Launch Dimension
    2. Do any action (add a model)
    3. Attempt to Undo
    4. If Undo does not work, then close Dimension
    5. Locate your Dimension.log file and send it to me at tickets@adobedimension.com

You can find your log file here, based on your OS:

Mac : ~/Library⁩/Logs⁩/Adobe/Dimension.log⁩
    Win: ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension

19. Shrink Sleeve Label / Wrap-around Graphic Mode

I am working on a sleeve label design for a rounded bottle. In Dimensions, the graphic decal modes don't allow to warp seamlessly the design around the bottle.

This feature works on flat cylindrical models like the drink can included, but not in rounded objects; the graphic gets distorted.

I have found that I can achieve it in Photoshop instead.

It would be great to have a dedicated Shrink Sleeve Label / Wrap-around Mode for Graphics.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Modelling 3D

Sarebbe bello implementare una sorta di modellazione 3D, per creare i propri contenuti 3D da zero.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base