Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Higher decal resolution

Higher resolution for decals would be nice. Had to add a decal to a product shot and it was pixilated on the render image.
    Really annoying because I wasn't able to make FINAL detail shots of the product and had to add the decals in Photoshop by hand.

BTW: Is there a limit for the resolution of decals?

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Happy to say Dimension 2.2 released today (April 2nd, 2019) with some updates for Decal resolution. It should be much higher across the board and also has some new controls for graphics to be placed into “fill” mode for layered graphics.

This is not a complete solution for infinite resolution rendering. When you import graphics that are vector we are currently rasterizing based on the size of the original document. Both vector and raster images still also do have an internal size limit. This is a first step to boost the quality while we work on making the graphics truly resolution independent.

2. Would love to have Displacement Maps

Would love the addition of Displacement maps so we can get some added details out of certain models. Would add a lot of realism for an otherwise flat world of extras beside normals.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Facebook 3D photos - PLEASE!

I do a lot of product photos, would love to be able to generate what is needed to make the new Facebook 3D photos.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Decal Mapping

Add more control points to the decal positioning feature. Art needs to map more accurately to the model.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GPUs

It would be nice to be able to render full stop. This software is a joke on even the simplest of designs. GPU and CUDA please, all this metal implementation and your own engine idea that means buying a new mac or hardware is a liberty. Guess what, an inconvenient truth is that most renderers use CUDA based GPU's. Dimension is actually even slower than it was , I've watched fossils form while this has been rendering.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. cross section

Is there any plans to include cross section feature? that can be very helpful to built empty boxes from any object.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!
    Thanks so much for your feedback, and for using Dimension!
    Cross section of 3D models seems like a great idea to visualize complex objects/interiors and assign materials to them.
    I’d love to understand more about your idea of using cross sections. Could you give some examples of how you would use this feature?

7. In-render geometry smoothing

Imported CAD models sometimes have sharp edges that need to be smoothed. Can this be fixed in-render per object? (My current workaround, filets in CAD = yuck.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Extrude Vectors as 3D Shapes

Extrusion is a technique where a flat 2D shape or surface is pulled out to give it depth. Vector extrusion would allow users to import vectors as paths, then extrude those paths into 3D shapes. This would include some additional parameters like hard or rounded corners.

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all! We’re taking a look at adding extrusion to Dimension later this year. We’re combining this with a text tool and hope to support vector/text extrusion later this year. I’ll update here as we progress!

9. Sided (normals?) geometry/material masks layer

I've got this issue : I needed a patch on a top can render because the end result was less than acceptable.

So I extracted the geometry to render, but the inner part of it was hidden in the first object, and now exposed.

So the new masks became "useless", with the hidden parts revealed…

I'd love to have an object layer with normals exposed, say top is red, bottom is blue. I would usually not see that, but that would have helped.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Review Starter model's geometry triangles

Could we review the "starter's object can"'s geometry ? It's dirty and any anisotropy or bumped material places on top gives weird results… And of course, depending on the repetitions, the triangles are more or less obvious…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Select material and cut-paste a new geometry

I would LOVE to be able to make a selection from a material's placement and then copy paste the geometry as a new object.

I happen to find that going from geometry to material back and forth is a bit tedious, So I'd rather "ungroup" my geometry and make it easier to change.

Having a right click option on a placed material to "make a selection from the material's placement" (= which means I already once on this project made that selection with the magic wand), or, second option "make a new object from the material's placement selection, and cut…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Qued Rendering

Qued rendering/animation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Camera Lens options

I'm doing renders and wanting to emulate a 50mm Canon FD lens that I have in my kit. It occurred to me that Lightroom has all of the details on every one of these lenses AND the distortion/vignetting that those lenses apply to the image.

Proposal:

Add lens options to the camera feature to enable us to replicate existing lenses. This would include the option of adding lens distortions (this is especially valuable in renders with high-dof where rendered objects are out of focus and near the edge of the frame where barrel distortion would change how the focus appears) …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug of Cloud Library

The library cannot be loaded (clickable but all white) after renderring

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add depth to decals

Depth slider for decals as seen in Keyshot

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Per-object configurations or "variations"...

It would be awesome to be able to create multiple “product configurations” that can be setup for easy rendering. For example, take a product packaging scene that needs many different textures for multiple product label versions/locales/languages/etc. Currently, each variation must be rendered out by hand individually, and there is no way to batch anything at the moment.

In this scenario, each camera "render view" would still be the same, but the textures, materials, models, environment, etc. could all change.

Take a look how Onshape and Keyshot handle their configurations. Onshape's configurations, though a CAD package, is incredibly powerful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Switching Modes from Render to Design forgets selected render views...

Render Settings: Keep the "most recent" views selected when switching back to the Design tab. Currently, going back to Design resets this selection list every time to Current View, and I am constantly forgetting to re-check everything before hitting render.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Animation for installations

Specific animations for each object

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't allow file open to Interrupt render

When many windows are open and rendering is happening to a file in the background it is too easy to interrupt the render by double clicking on a .dn file. Can you give an alert box to prevent interrupting the render in progress?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this observation, and I’m sorry for the render progresses you might have lost due to clicking on a Dn file.
    We will try to make sure there is a warning to let you know whenever a render might be interrupted. Thanks for the great feedback and let me know if you have any other issues!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base