Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apple Silicon (Mac M1) Support

In 2020 Apple announced that they would be transitioning to their custom silicon for Mac devices.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/06/apple-announces-mac-transition-to-apple-silicon/

Adobe Dimension should run on these devices.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3D text property bar missing!! Urgent!

Hi, I have the 3.41 version.

I've seen a lot of people is having the same issue. How did you solve the missing text properties bar? Its just missing in my Dimension app. It s not there, I can't not change text font and the size of my 3D text at all.

Thank you!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn Table Render

It would be absolutely amazing if Adobe Dimension was able to to offer a turn table export option. eith 8 / 16 / 32 / 64 frames around a 360 degree axis and then exported as a .gif / avi.
    This will be amazing for product showcasing; website product interaction etc.

What do you guys think?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Snapping or magnetization of objects

I would love to see snapping as an included feature. Currently the only way to align objects to one another is by using the align function, which is very useful, but not super useful when trying to magnetize objects to one another just by dragging them. I know there's a "move aligned to surface" function when moving an object, but this rarely magnetizes correctly. I'm imagining the blue highlight like when you are snapping an object to the ground, but with other objects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Animation

I hoping for Animation in Dimension this year! I've seen where it's planned but no updates from 2019. It would be nice to stay within the Adobe environment when animating 3D across PS-AE and hopefully DM.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. camera zoom limiter when publishing content

When publishing your 3D scene and generating a link to share with others, I have not found a way to control the zoom of the camera so that your field of view is not entering inside the object in which you are viewing. It is very unprofessional.

The only recommendation I could suggest is the camera is able to identify the body of the model(s) and stops at a certain zoom percentage, or when generating the link the models become solid.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Basic Animation Function will be good!

Was finding around Adobe but non of the Adobe apps can have basic animation for 3D modelling. It will be good if can simply animate the packaging from front to back or at a different angle.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Render queuing

I want to send multiple scene render versions to a queuing folder, without having to render a scene--wait and wait.
    So I can send 10 scenes to render from Different Dimension projects, then before I go to bed, tell the whole folder full of renders to render. Similar queuing Adobe Media Encoder, sending multiple Premiere timelines to render at a later time. ty

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I can't render my projetcts

All time I try render, show this error

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. adobe dimension and after effects integration?

Why can't I bring in my 3D model from dimensions into after effects? This seems like a no brainer...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open Password protected Excel File via PDS Excel Password Recovery

If you have the requirement to remove the password from the Excel file then use perfect data solution Excel password recovery software and restore the password without damaging saved file. It can smoothly remove the password by applying Mask attack, Brute force attack and Dictionary attack. It can look at MS Excel worksheet and open Excel report security mystery word This software can adapt with all MS Excel extensions (xls & xlsx) The recovered password can be copied on the clipboard to save it for future use only. It comes with free version which gives the first three letters of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Environmental Light and Ground Plane problems

I shoot HDRIs on location with a 360 camera to use on highly reflective materials in Dimension. The problem is that when I turn on the Ground Plane in the Environment properties, Dimension ignores my HDRI environment light and instead reflects a distorted version of the ground plane onto my object.

In Photoshop's 3D settings I have separate settings for catching and casting shadows. It would be awesome if there were something similar in Dimension where I could have my 3D object cast a shadow onto the ground plane and not have a cheesy reflection of the background image.

The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lighting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Importing .VMF Files (Valve Map Format)

Allow Importation of .VMF Files directly into Adobe Dimension.

Is this something we might be able to see in the future?

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Preview of rendering time

If possible before we start rendering it will be written an approximate time how long it will take
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Decal/material changing scale

OK so this is more than a bit subtle, but can you see a triangular area where the grain is larger and the decal is broken up?

I'm sure this has something to do with exporting it from solidworks, but wondering if there's a way to fix it in dimensions?

I'd also like to understand the issue more, to avoid it in future.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Not allowing render, needs application restart

When I try to render, the dialogue box shows up saying I need to get my log and post it here. Let me know if you can help me with this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use Cellphone to Capture Images of Objects as 3D Models to Use in Dimension

I'd like an Android (compatible with Samsung S10+) cellphone app associated with Dimension that lets users take 360 degree pictures of objects and automatically converts them to 3D models for use in Dimension. I see this as a complement to Adobe Capture. Ideally users would have the choice of the generated model being created as a unified whole or discrete piece parts that form a whole (enabling individual elements to be selected separately with the Magic Wand & allowing different materials, etc. to be applied as desired in Dimension. This would help those of us not skilled in modeling or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use Cellphone to Capture Images of Objects as 3D Models to Use in Dimension

I'd like an Android (compatible with Samsung S10+) cellphone app associated with Dimension that lets users take 360 degree pictures of objects and automatically converts them to 3D models for use in Dimension. I see this as a complement to Adobe Capture. Ideally users would have the choice of the generated model being created as a unified whole or discrete piece parts that form a whole (enabling individual elements that to be selected separately with the Magic Wand & allowing different materials, etc. to be applied as desired in Dimension. This would help those of use not skilled in modeling…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fontoptionen fehlen in Dimensions

Liebe Kolleg*innen

Bei den Texteigenschaften lassen sich keine Schriften auswählen bzw. Eigenschaften für Tiefe, Kanten etc einstellen (MacOS 10.13, Dn CC2020). Kennt jemand ein Lösung des Problems ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export 3D Environment into Spoke.

Hi There Adobe Dimensions!
    I’ve been using Dimensions to create a 3D environment that can be used on WondaVR Spaces, for teaching and learning, in their virtual space.
    Part of the workflow is having to upload it to Spoke. That is a Gtlfb viewer, that enables the designer to tweak it to then upload it to wonda VR. Blender allows you to directly upload these from the software into spoke.
    It would be a fantastic feature to have this in dimensions too.

Ive attached the resource from Wonda, that has links to this feature in blender and what specifically they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base