Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. camera zoom limiter when publishing content

When publishing your 3D scene and generating a link to share with others, I have not found a way to control the zoom of the camera so that your field of view is not entering inside the object in which you are viewing. It is very unprofessional.

The only recommendation I could suggest is the camera is able to identify the body of the model(s) and stops at a certain zoom percentage, or when generating the link the models become solid.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn Table Render

It would be absolutely amazing if Adobe Dimension was able to to offer a turn table export option. eith 8 / 16 / 32 / 64 frames around a 360 degree axis and then exported as a .gif / avi.
    This will be amazing for product showcasing; website product interaction etc.

What do you guys think?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Decal/material changing scale

OK so this is more than a bit subtle, but can you see a triangular area where the grain is larger and the decal is broken up?

I'm sure this has something to do with exporting it from solidworks, but wondering if there's a way to fix it in dimensions?

I'd also like to understand the issue more, to avoid it in future.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Base Color Bug

Applying a base color to a shape applies the color to multiple shapes instead of only the selected one. These extra shapes are not grouped or selected with the single shape whose color I wish to change.

You can view a video of this here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3xfn6j7dpyu53b/Screen%20Recording%202021-01-08%20at%202.51.16%20PM.mov?dl=0

Or you can view the attached file.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow finer adjustment for decal rotation

As it is now, you can only rotate a decal in 1 degree increments. This is not often precise enough to center a decal properly. Allowing a finer increment like .5 or the like would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an orthographic camera preset

While you can get close to Orthographic by changing the Field of View to 1, it would be really useful to have true Orthographic projection available as a camera preset or some other obvious way to achieve this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SUPPORT WITH AFTER EFFECTS & CINEMA 4D!!!

I've exported my dimension file in every file type variant possible and I am having issues when importing the .obj into Cinema 4D. The materials are showing up at an incredibly poor resolution. I have been trying to correct this issue all day and there is no simple way to do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. .xfl like file format for .dn documents, make them network friendly.

Hi there.

I was just sent a few .dn files over google drive.

And while I was looking at those, what I thought was the "download" arrow was indeed "dig into the file" arrow.

So I realized that a .dn file was indeed a folder structure with manifests and folders, etc. Just like good old .XFL files were to .FLA files : an opened readable version.

And I also realized that, as an Art Director, receiving a 1GB file over the internet, making a few changes to the objects position (rotation, etc) shall not require me to send back 1GB,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to retain a link to imported decal images

Would be great to be able to choose when you import a decal image if you want to maintain a link to that image, so that if its ever updated, DN will update it automatically. Similar to linked images in Indesign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. GPU rendering doesn't work

I have tried rendering just an image and everytime it pops an error of GPU rendering failed, switching to CPU, although I have all the drivers especially of GPU and Adobe Dimension, both are updated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use Cellphone to Capture Images of Objects as 3D Models to Use in Dimension

I'd like an Android (compatible with Samsung S10+) cellphone app associated with Dimension that lets users take 360 degree pictures of objects and automatically converts them to 3D models for use in Dimension. I see this as a complement to Adobe Capture. Ideally users would have the choice of the generated model being created as a unified whole or discrete piece parts that form a whole (enabling individual elements to be selected separately with the Magic Wand & allowing different materials, etc. to be applied as desired in Dimension. This would help those of us not skilled in modeling or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use Cellphone to Capture Images of Objects as 3D Models to Use in Dimension

I'd like an Android (compatible with Samsung S10+) cellphone app associated with Dimension that lets users take 360 degree pictures of objects and automatically converts them to 3D models for use in Dimension. I see this as a complement to Adobe Capture. Ideally users would have the choice of the generated model being created as a unified whole or discrete piece parts that form a whole (enabling individual elements that to be selected separately with the Magic Wand & allowing different materials, etc. to be applied as desired in Dimension. This would help those of use not skilled in modeling…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding multiple materials to different decal layers

It would be good to add different materials to different layers for example can you use the decal layer as an alpha channel to change the base material ie. metallic foil logo (textured) on a Matt base material

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Animation

I hoping for Animation in Dimension this year! I've seen where it's planned but no updates from 2019. It would be nice to stay within the Adobe environment when animating 3D across PS-AE and hopefully DM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. wireframe

Would be nice to simply have a material called "wireframe" to be able to render objects just in a wireframe view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Triangle shape similar to the "plane" in basic shapes

In the basic shapes toolkit, there should be a triangle shape similar to the "plane" (square) but a triangle that you can adjust lengths ofe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Material support to Libraries and Bridge

I would love adding Dimension materals to Bridge and Libraries! Can you imagine the posiblities of materials (MDLs) and SBSAR in PHOTOSHOP, omg!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Request - Bulk materal import

I'd love to be able to import ALL my Substance Painter sbsar files into the Dimension database so they will show up in the UI. I see we can add one at a time to an object. Thats not what I want though. I want my materials in the UI.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Animation

What about Animation. Even simple will do for now. My department uses Dimension a lot. It has come in handy with multiple projects. Please Do not forget about this software. We love the simplicity of using it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base