Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resize grouped models independently of group

When resizing a group, there is no way to prevent resizing of individual models; conversely, there is no way to resize all models within a group without resizing the group, except to resize each model one by one.
    I work with lots of models in various arrangements, and sometimes need to adjust their spacing. Enlarging the group, then going around a cascade of 54 models one by one to readjust their size is awfully time consuming.
    In Illustrator, we have “Transform Each” — this is exactly what I’m looking for here. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Entering property values after using the tab key doesn’t work

I do lots fine-grain editing of the position, scale, and rotation with 100+ models in a scene. I currently have to click the object then click the value to change it. If I use tab (or faster, shift-tab) to navigate to the property I wish to edit, the edit screen looks like it’s saved the input, but it hasn’t and nothing’s changed.

Please fix this, not just because it's a workflow issue but because it’s also an accessibility issue. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can't see a canvas or 3D objects so tour doesn't work

I can't see the canvas or see/manipulate anything that I drag in the middle grey space. My colleague sees a paler middle space with perspective lines. My IT dept checked my graphics and requirements settings - all good. Toggle grid doesn't do anything. Has anybody got any ideas to fix this?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. renderer not working in V.3

The render windows do not work in V.3 does anyone else have this issue. I still have the earlier 2.3.1 which works. Is there a possibility that the applications are are conflicting? I have not been able to find a remedy for this. I am using a 6 month old mac.
    Thanks for help?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy/Save/Import Camera positions for use across multiple Dimension files.

Hopefully it is already a feature, and I'm just a dummy.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. progress bar for render preview

it would be great to have a progress bar for preview render for slow machines.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. flip decal

For my model I need to place two mirrored decals. The only option that I find out is to creating two images with different positions or two artboards with the same mirrored object.

Adding an option for flipping decals horizontal/vertically will be plus. Also I would like to have ability to move decal in x and y direction by using arrows on keyboards.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I hope Dimention will be able to work on the cloud.

I hope Dimention will be able to work on the cloud. There is a limitation on PC when handling 3D. Even today's games use the cloud, so I would like to be able to use it on the cloud for applications with heavy loads such as Dimention.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tela está em Branco (o Espaço 3D do programa não aparece ou Carrega)

Oi tudo bem pessoal da Adobe, queria relatar que o meu Adobe Dimension está tendo um Bug que o espaço 3D do programa some, mexendo na % do zoom, ou não, mudando configurações do arquivo para abrir, atualizei os softwares de Videos, mas nada de aparecer a area 3D, já aconteceu antes isso, mas depois de reiniciar o PC ele volta ao normal, mas agora não quer voltar e já procurei em todo canto e nada!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expandable tool palette

Many designers now work with HD monitor, 4K, 5K and above, with plenty of room for all the tools to be visible. I'd like to see a way to expand the tools so I don't have to use the pull-out menus so often. In all, the tool palette should look and behave like they do in the other ACC apps. Thanks. A.C.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ZIP option for Exporting OBJ

Just found the OBJ export option, which is great for sending my builds over to rudimentary viewers I have on my phone. Currently, I have to zip the exported .obj and .mtl files together. Would be nice to save those couple of steps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Duplicating model or group shouldn’t move original to bottom of scene list

When duplicating models or groups, the original models shift to the bottom of the scene list, and the newly duplicated item has the same name in the scene list. This is super confusing to begin with — and since I keep the steps (layers) of building the object in order, I’m constantly reorganizing the scene list.

A duplicated object should appear in the list above and adjacent to the original (and ideally, the duplicate should be labeled “copy” or increment index number)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Now that GPU Rendering worked let's do 3rd Party Rendering

Good job Adobe for the GPU Render. My rendering went from 30 hours to 4 hours. Now, let's incorporate 3rd Party Plug-ins such as Octane and Redshift

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I will add a loader for 3ds files and more complex obj

I will add a loader for 3ds files and more complex obj because when you try to import it, it gets stuck

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Edge Definition

I would like there to be stroke options on edges where faces meet. Sometimes there isn't enough edge definition in renders, and an outline of every face would be a welcome addition. This could be a separate layer in the rendered .psd so we could control how strong the strokes would be.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Live Preview Crash

I can't preview...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. TEST

TEST

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User feedback is needed

Trying to import a complex STL of a medical device with a fine lattice coating is apparently impossible plus the feedback offered by Dimension is, well, non existing. I suspect that the problem arises as Dimension is trying to automatically generate UVs. Specifically, when Import the image onto the landscape, Dimension is able to advance to (according to the progress bar) 50% into the task AND it’s then, for ever and ever, stuck there. The only way out is Force Quit as your nicely designed “Cancel” button is good for show but nothing else (you must immediately replace that with…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rendering a Single Frame Faster with Multiple Computers

It would be very nice and interesting to use multiple computers to render a single image (or video if later supported)

I Currently do this with Blender to increase render times by up to 30x

Say for instance you have two computers in the same network you could connect them and use the resources of both computers to render it with amazing speeds!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base