Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would love to have Displacement Maps

Would love the addition of Displacement maps so we can get some added details out of certain models. Would add a lot of realism for an otherwise flat world of extras beside normals.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Higher decal resolution

Higher resolution for decals would be nice. Had to add a decal to a product shot and it was pixilated on the render image.
    Really annoying because I wasn't able to make FINAL detail shots of the product and had to add the decals in Photoshop by hand.

BTW: Is there a limit for the resolution of decals?

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Happy to say Dimension 2.2 released today (April 2nd, 2019) with some updates for Decal resolution. It should be much higher across the board and also has some new controls for graphics to be placed into “fill” mode for layered graphics.

This is not a complete solution for infinite resolution rendering. When you import graphics that are vector we are currently rasterizing based on the size of the original document. Both vector and raster images still also do have an internal size limit. This is a first step to boost the quality while we work on making the graphics truly resolution independent.

3. Integrate with Substance Painter from Dimension

Since acquiring Substance, it would be awesome to have the ability to edit your current model in substance then bring it back into dimension to set it up in your scene and render it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Octane

Allow 3rd party render engines to make plug-in for Dimension. (octane, redshift)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy Coordinates of an object

If you want to place an object A (sphere) in another object B (hemisphere), then the fastest way would be to copy the coordinates from B and paste them to A.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Grid in front

If you arrange objects in a room, a simple 3x3 grid would be very helpful. It should be possible to show and hide it. At the moment, I'm helping myself by using such a grid as a background image, but it's only an emergency solution.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Grid in front

If you arrange objects in a room, a simple 3x3 grid would be very helpful. It should be possible to show and hide it. At the moment, I'm helping myself by using such a grid as a background image, but it's only an emergency solution.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 張ったテクスチャーが移動できない

テクスチャーが移動できなくなることが頻発します。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Transparent material with alpha transparency

Hello. On other render software, when we use for example glass material on an object, there is actual alpha transparency in the final render. I want that, it's very odd that this isn't standard. Now all I get it opaque glass with the background color in it.

The goal is to place many of these files in InDesign and we can see the objects behind that transparency.

Or put the transparency inside a channel mask.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to Lock Camera Position

I would like the ability to lock the camera position, so that I can easier work within a composited 3D scene

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. RT CORE AND GPU UTILIZATION

RTX RENDERING AND GPU UTILIZATION

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add bump map and enable an option of converting the bump map to a physical mesh displacement at export

Add bump maps for truly realistic rendering
    Enable thes bump maps to be converted into physical mesh displacement like in PS for truly realistic 3D printable models

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. enable obj export for procedural textures as baked PNG's not PSD

At the moment some of the material textures export the texture file as a PSD. It would be usefull if there was an option for them to be exported a PNG files.

My specific application is full color 3D printing and this would mean that the files could be imported as an obj directly into the pre print preparation software without having to import to and then export from PS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Information about embedded image

Images are automatically embedded in Dimension. If you open a scene after a while and don't remember which image was used, Dimension doesn't help. Therefore, it would be great if wherever you can add images, there would be a button for information (i) that displays information about the image: original name, resolution, color depth, ect. See screenshot. The file information comes from Adobe Bridge. This would be ideal as information.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Render the decal's alpha channel to another render layer, so we can composite just the decal in Photoshop

The decal's alpha channel is working in Dimension, just pass it through to another render layer, so we can render labels for our own pictures

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open Files instead of Import

When I go to File, Open, The only optional file types are .asd or *.dn. I am trying to open a Sketchup 2019 file as per attached.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t allow ‘open’ for any 3D model formats, only to open existing .dn saved scenes. Instead, create a new document, then use File > Import to import .fbx, .skp, stl, and .obj files.

We’ll be adding “import” files to “open” soon!

17. Name for duplicated or instance objects

It would be great if copied objects (cmd-d, cmd-v) could get the name addition (copy) and instances the name addition (instance). This would save time when creating a complex scene.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Facebook 3D photos - PLEASE!

I do a lot of product photos, would love to be able to generate what is needed to make the new Facebook 3D photos.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. alignement d'objet

option d'alignement

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Renders cancelling without any alert

I've tried 4 renders tonight and each onw has gotten some way along only for it to self cancel with no alert that it is doing that!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m so sorry to hear about the issue here. Can you provide a bit more detail when you say it ‘self cancels’? What are you seeing in the interface?

Can you also let me know which version of the Dimension application you’re using (you can check in the About menu item)? Finally, can you let me know what render settings you’re using? Is it high quality or low? Local or cloud?

Thank you for any additional information!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base