Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. renderer not working in V.3

The render windows do not work in V.3 does anyone else have this issue. I still have the earlier 2.3.1 which works. Is there a possibility that the applications are are conflicting? I have not been able to find a remedy for this. I am using a 6 month old mac.
    Thanks for help?

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. trackpad Support

Trackpad gestures for pinch and zoom two finger rotation and all the apple trackpad gestures that we use everyday will be great. i constantly find myself tryng to pinch to zoom or move the scene with two fingers

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Référence couleur BG

La possibilité de choisir avec précision les références de couleurs de fond arrière plan

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Material graph

I'd love to see a strong node based material graph system. Would be great to allow things like a PBR master node, blend nodes, texture nodes etc. Just a robust way to create, edit and animate materials.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Some 3d modeling capability would be a start

Adobe Dimension – suggest Adobe doesn't hype what's little more than a Photoshop filter as a 3d program

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to restore rendering files from the middle

I want the ability to start rendering again from that point when rendering is interrupted or fails.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would love to have Displacement Maps

Would love the addition of Displacement maps so we can get some added details out of certain models. Would add a lot of realism for an otherwise flat world of extras beside normals.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Link Objects

Some objects come in with linked objects. It would be great if we could manually choose to link objects so that materials/labels, etc could be automatically applied across all linked items.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 㐀がЁЖū◆龋丂丠狜䲢䶮⺁〡⊕〾⿻℡㈱〒

得到㐀がЁЖū◆龋丂丠狜䲢䶮⺁〡⊕〾⿻℡㈱〒

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Higher decal resolution

Higher resolution for decals would be nice. Had to add a decal to a product shot and it was pixilated on the render image.
    Really annoying because I wasn't able to make FINAL detail shots of the product and had to add the decals in Photoshop by hand.

BTW: Is there a limit for the resolution of decals?

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Happy to say Dimension 2.2 released today (April 2nd, 2019) with some updates for Decal resolution. It should be much higher across the board and also has some new controls for graphics to be placed into “fill” mode for layered graphics.

This is not a complete solution for infinite resolution rendering. When you import graphics that are vector we are currently rasterizing based on the size of the original document. Both vector and raster images still also do have an internal size limit. This is a first step to boost the quality while we work on making the graphics truly resolution independent.

12. render separate layer like Keyshot does

Add the capability to render separated layer

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improving Rendering Feature

I have tried three 3d programs already. Although I can thoroughly model objects yet, I can say that Dimension is the easiet to use. It is exactly as described, the 3d program for designers. However, the rendering time takes forever, a same set-up in other programs could take only a few hours to minutes. Here are some suggestions to maybe improve rendering time:

1. In the rendering quality options, instead of only "Low (Fast)" or "High (Slow)", why not make it into a percentage. And then at certain percentages it still describes it as "Low (Fast)", "High (Slow)" etc. For…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. error in app repeatedly

Error in app. How can I repair?
    Log isn't to send possible because it is long. Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. error in app repeatedly

Error in app.
    How can I repair?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Precise control over graphics

What would be great in my opinion is a more precise control over the placement of graphics. Let's say you are working with one bottle and you want to reproduce another scene. It is pretty much impossible to get the graphic in the exact location. It would be nice if you got some fields to change the exact size/scaling/position of a graphic. This may not be the best example as there are workarounds. But I'm sure there are scenerios in which these fields would be amazing. But I'm sure this is very complicated in 3D space.

Another tiny yet great…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adobe dimension stuck at loading application...

I have downloaded the trial version of adobe dimension. when starting the application it freezes at loading application. is it what supposed to be in "try before you buy" situation 😄 ??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Additional planes

Hi!! Thanks Adobe for this awesome software. Love the constant updates. It would be nice to have the ability to add different planes other than ground plane to walls, ceilings or any other complex surface when a raster background is used. The shadow and interaction of model with the plane sells the effect of immersion into the image to near perfection when done right... but only on the ground :( The actual plane cannot even be turned vertical.
    Another option is something similar to a pen tool and clipping mask that accept shadow of model interacting with it. :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pathfinder tool

I would like a pathfinder like tool for dimension where I can add or subtract shapes to one another.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Isometric/Ortographic Render View | On/Off Perspective Buttom Setting

It would be interesting to create a control to turn the perspective on or off. Creating this possibility would lead Dimension to be explored for not only product rendering but also for infographics creation.

I attached an example of an image that could easily be created and transformed into a 3d render if the perspective on or off command was added.

Some software like Cinema4D, 3DSMax and even ZBrush offer the possibility to turn perspective off and on and generate an isometric view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base