Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADD Substance Share / Substance Source to CC Libraries

PLEASE - LET us add .SBSAR materials from Substance Share / Substance Source into Adobe CC Libraries. Currently these file types are not supported. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export UV in Ai (vector format)

Hello,

I had to use export UV feature today, and as it was easier to work in Ai then PS I was wondering if it could be possible to have a choice when exporting UVs to export either in raster or vector. It’s painful to have to trace the psd file in Ai prior beginning to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It will be possible to make a gradient

I wanted to ask if we could do for the background and the gradient models within the software and not that we would have to import from Illustrator
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow finer adjustment for decal rotation

As it is now, you can only rotate a decal in 1 degree increments. This is not often precise enough to center a decal properly. Allowing a finer increment like .5 or the like would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding multiple materials to different decal layers

It would be good to add different materials to different layers for example can you use the decal layer as an alpha channel to change the base material ie. metallic foil logo (textured) on a Matt base material

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Material support to Libraries and Bridge

I would love adding Dimension materals to Bridge and Libraries! Can you imagine the posiblities of materials (MDLs) and SBSAR in PHOTOSHOP, omg!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Request - Bulk materal import

I'd love to be able to import ALL my Substance Painter sbsar files into the Dimension database so they will show up in the UI. I see we can add one at a time to an object. Thats not what I want though. I want my materials in the UI.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. material list

Hi,

Could it be possible to edit the scene based on Materials instead of Geometry?
    I have a complex scene/object but with a few materials.
    It could be easier to have a "scene tree" based on Materials or a ressource finder based on what is in the scene beside, statring ressources, libraries, Adobe Stock, etc...
    Many Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. One click Material resolution output

It would be nice to setup material output resolution for all materials at the same time instead of selecting each object and defining the output parameter one by one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shrink Sleeve Label / Wrap-around Graphic Mode

I am working on a sleeve label design for a rounded bottle. In Dimensions, the graphic decal modes don't allow to warp seamlessly the design around the bottle.

This feature works on flat cylindrical models like the drink can included, but not in rounded objects; the graphic gets distorted.

I have found that I can achieve it in Photoshop instead.

It would be great to have a dedicated Shrink Sleeve Label / Wrap-around Mode for Graphics.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Transparent matte plastic

Hi everyone, I tried in every way but I can't recreate the plastic as per attachment; if I work on opacity, the label placed as texure is opaque too; does anyone have an idea ???

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Displacement / Height map support

Would love the addition of Displacement maps so we can get some added details out of certain models. Would add a lot of realism for an otherwise flat world of extras beside normals.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! Today we announced the release of a new app – Adobe Substance 3D Stager.

Stager builds on the foundation of Dimension but has a completely reworked infrastructure and is built for pro audiences.

Stager includes a new material model that provides a ton of new controls including displacement and tessellation.

In addition Stager’s material model supports sheen, clear coat, anisotropy, subsurface scattering, dispersion, and much more!

You can find more information about Stager here:
    https://www.adobe.com/products/substance3d-stager.html

14. Auto-generate UV maps

It would be great if there is a function to auto-generate the UV maps relevant for AR (ie. albedo, ao, emissive, normal, roughness, metallic). Currently, I generate them separately for each 3D mesh in Blender and it is very time consuming.

eg. I import a plain 3D mesh with no textures into Dimensions and I apply materials found in Dimensions to this 3D mesh. It would be great if then we can bake all the UV maps from the Dimension materials for use in Aero and other applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Imported materials and graphics element on imported 3D models.

Possibility to correctly apply imported materials and graphics element on imported 3D models.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Precise control over graphics

What would be great in my opinion is a more precise control over the placement of graphics. Let's say you are working with one bottle and you want to reproduce another scene. It is pretty much impossible to get the graphic in the exact location. It would be nice if you got some fields to change the exact size/scaling/position of a graphic. This may not be the best example as there are workarounds. But I'm sure there are scenerios in which these fields would be amazing. But I'm sure this is very complicated in 3D space.

Another tiny yet great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Higher decal resolution

Higher resolution for decals would be nice. Had to add a decal to a product shot and it was pixilated on the render image.
    Really annoying because I wasn't able to make FINAL detail shots of the product and had to add the decals in Photoshop by hand.

BTW: Is there a limit for the resolution of decals?

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! I saw a good number of new questions here, so thought I’d respond to everyone with an update. Unfortunately we still don’t have true ‘vector’ support in Dimension.

Whatever ‘size’ and resolution your vector is in Illustrator is what it’s going to be applied as in Dimension. When importing to Dimension we convert it to a .png and use that.

I recommend using a minimum of about 1000×1000 size images from Ai or Ps. 2000×2000 is better. 4000×4000 is best! ;D

This quality reduction can also be cause because of the way 3D models work. The entire image you use is shared across the model and then only as a part of the canvas based on camera zoom. So you could be zooming in to part of the model and rendering it at a higher resolution than the graphic was originally.

Decal resolution can also be affected by…

18. Material graph

I'd love to see a strong node based material graph system. Would be great to allow things like a PBR master node, blend nodes, texture nodes etc. Just a robust way to create, edit and animate materials.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add depth to decals

Depth slider for decals as seen in Keyshot

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Replace Materials from Sketchup

I import Sketchup Scenes and would like a easy overview of my allready existing materials that I can replace quickly with the dimension materials. At the moment I have to pull in every material on every face which is quite a pain if you have for example a hundred chairs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base