Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 levels of decomposition of a text object

Played a little bit with the newest version, I realize i'd need something about text :

2 levels of decomposition of a text object would be appreciated :
    1. Turn 1 line of text into multiple glyphs-text
    2. Then turn 1 glyph text into mesh object.

If you can make it through a keyboard shortcut, (alt clic on the decomposition icon), that would help. Maybe most people directly need step 2. I realize I love to be able to edit each character.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback! We have some great plans around breaking text objects out into separate lines and glyphs with more control and in a more non-destructive way.

For now you can use the “Convert to Standard Model” action in the action panel to break each glyph into standard mesh objects.

2. Ability to Lock Camera Position

I would like the ability to lock the camera position, so that I can easier work within a composited 3D scene

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for PSD layer mask

Hello, i'm trying to place a psd file with a layer mask into Dimension to create realistic shadow effects for this cut out image/object. When i place the psd on a plane (as image carrier) in Dimension, the alpha channel, i.e. the black part of the mask, is not transparent but rendered in a grey color, thus the whole plane casts a shadow, not just the mask. This functionality appears to be essential and easy to implement ?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base