Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Toggle placed decals visibility

Toggle placed decals visibility in a stack to see different graphics variations on the same surface.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Dimension 2.0 has the option to hide/unhide all scene objects, including decals.
    The way to do this is, go to the scene panel, hover over the decal name that you want to hide, and click on the visibility icon to hide and unhide the layer.
    Let us know what you think!

Cheers,
    Srujani

2. Directly input dimensions of an object

I have a book cover that is 6x9x.75. It would be ideal to have the ability to input dimensions rather than scale.

The ability to select units would be great, but to begin simply making it proportional would make it functional.

90 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Align Objects in 3D

While creating 3D sculptures, I would love the option to align the different shapes (centered/External sides...) based on space or between objects.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unit Settings

This program is useless without the ability to draw objects in scale, i.e. transformation pallette should be in metric or imperial. Make it just like Illustrator just 3D and I will switch from my current 3D modeling/rendering app.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Toggle tool movement relative to object or ground plane. (Transform Space)

It would be good to toggle the movement controls so they act relative to either the selected object or the ground plane.

Once an object has been tilted and placed it is hard to then move it perfectly horizontal to the ground plane, or rotate it to face a new direction. Currently you have to use a combination of x, y, z movements to zig-zag the object to the desired location.

Unity uses a toggle to switch between these controls, the ground plane option resetting every time it's selected.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This functionality is already available in Dimension. You can find it in the Tool Options (just above the canvas in the top-left) and the option is called Align to Scene. When that is toggled on it will realign your widgets for Move and Rotate to be aligned to the scene. We currently don’t allow world scaling to prevent object skewing.

6. Snap Angle for Rotating

When rotating a model and holding the Shift ⇧ Key, the angle should snap to some fixed degrees, like the rotation tool in photoshop.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Depth of Field Preview in Canvas

Quite often when rendering, my object stays blurry while the background renders well. This happens about half of the time, when rendering the exact same file (only changed the decal) which has rendered fine before. How can this happen?

I changed the render quality and tried both PNG and PSD, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.

See attachment for example.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Happy Monday, October 15th, everyone! Today we released an update to Dimension CC – the 2.0 release! The new release has a draft preview of the Focus (depth of Field) effect directly in the interactive canvas. Please note this is still a draft and you’ll need to open the render preview to get your final render quality checked. You can toggle the canvas preview effect separate from the actual depth of field option, so you can have it on in the render preview/final render and off in the canvas.

You can see more about the release here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/whats-new.html

8. Set Document Size / Resolution

To choose image export size

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. snap to grid

Is there a way to make objects snap to the grid? Unreal allows you to and its really useful for spacing. Rulers would be nice too.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We released Dimension 1.1 which includes snap to ground. This will automatically move any object to the ground when you’re interacting with the move tool and it gets very close. While you can’t snap to the ‘grid’ lines on the ground yet, this is a first step in snapping and we’ll add more functionality moving forward! I’ll leave this idea open to track snapping to grid points/lines.

10. Undo Camera Movements

It would be nice if Undo worked for the Orbit Tool.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2D Camera Controls with Background Scene

I can understand the camera controls being 3D when there is no 2D scene in the background. However, once I have put in the 2D scene, it is infuriating to have my horizon misaligned when I meant to zoom in to the actual image, and not in 3D.

It would be great if there were an option, once a scene is in place, to have the "camera" stop being a 3D camera, and turn into a photoshop-like viewport, where I can literally zoom in and out of the entire image, without moving the 3D objects relative to the scene.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Happy Monday, October 15th, everyone! Today we released an update to Dimension CC – the 2.0 release! We’ve done a lot of work on the canvas area of the application and included the “2D” style canvas that is more traditional for Adobe applications. This change does mean there are some keyboard shortcut changes:

1, 2, 3 = Orbit, Pan, Dolly (the 3D camera controls)
    Z = is now the 2D zoom tool
    H and spacebar = is now the 2D pan tool

You can see more about the release here:

Here’s an article on the canvas updates in Dimension 2.0:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/set-canvas-size.html

12. A way to orient yourslef back to a default view

A way to orient yourslef back to a default view

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Happy to say we have a new camera bookmarking system where you can save views and easily return to them. Every new document starts with a default view and you can return there in the bookmark menu or by using “Cmd+1” on Mac or “Ctrl+1” on Windows to return to your active home view.

These updates are available in the latest release of Project Felix 0.3 – available on Creative Cloud as of July 19th, 2017.

http://www.adobe.com/products/project-felix.html

13. Move to Ground Plane

Currently you have to manually line up the object to the ground plane. Felix can auto-align the camera to an image so it would be nice to auto-align the object to the plane as well.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone! Happy to say that the Dimension 1.1 release just went live with some great updates, one of which is the new Move to Ground functionality. There’s a menu shortcut and an action button so you can easily move any object at any rotation so it’s perfectly aligned with the ground.

There’s also new snapping features for the move tool to help with ground alignment as well. Check out the release notes for more details on other released features as well!

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base