Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pinch-Zoom

It would be really nice to be able to use a pinch-zoom feature on my mouse pad, much like I can in Illustrator and like-products.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show HDRI IBL in Background

When you apply a spherical HDRI image to the background, there should be an option to unfreeze the image so when you orbit, the background changes with it.

additionally, if an HDRI is chosen, it would be handy to have sliders in the options bar that allow you to change the image rotation, and scale. See attached concept

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include Background with Zoom

Zoom option needs tinkering - I gather there are two sets of zoom included so far: 1. background settings 2. objects grid zoom. I'd like zoom to have an option to include background within zooming.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. IOR Maps

One, I would like the ability to import Index of Reflection Maps. currently can only give it a numerical value, however, the 3d paint program I use will give me an IOR map.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Place Objects on Background Walls/Planes

It would be awesome to have an option to delve deeper into the raster background image—say of an office or room—by being able to place models on the wall with the shadows/lighting interacting as it would hanging/leaning there.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Apply Text on Material

Two, a field where we could input text onto a portion of the model, above the material, or as a layer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple monitor support

When using multiple monitors, i would like to move my pallets to a second monitor.. it seems they are locked into the single view mode. I would especially like to see the preview window moved off of my art-board. some people utilize more than one monitor and would like to see their designs in full screen.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We (Adobe as a whole) are considering the next generation of User Interfaces, so this is a discussion that is being taken very seriously across the company. I’d love specific examples of the things you like to dock/undock and why.

8. Support for Wacom & Other Drawing Tablets

Wacom tablet drives sliders crazy, like the altitude or rotation points go to crazy huge values which I don't have using a 1/0 click device like the trackpad or mouse.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shortcuts window

A pop-up window you can activate by views (that you can pin on top) that has the shortcuts listed. Makes it easier rather than having to hover over the tools each time. Will save me having various bits of paper and guides all over the place :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Infographic presets

In C4D there are infographic presets ( Adjustable piechart etc.) that are very useful for some people. That might be an idea for later.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for 3D Printing

STL files and dimensions (metric and imperial) for 3D printing. Manipulation of shapes from anchor points not just scaling. Extruding off of faces
    Separate a group of faces from an object to produce 2 different solids without the use of subtraction.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! Just as an FYI we generally track each feature individually, so we do have suggestions for STL support and add/subtract meshes to make new shapes, for example. Might suggest voting on those!

3D printing is definitely something we’re keeping in mind!

12. Cut Tool to Split Models

There needs to be a way to cut or splice the model to create points that can be stretched, rotated or moved from the object separate from the rest of it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Layered Material

When creating more complex materials, one of the most important things that I'm missing is a layered material, that we can blend different materials on top of another using masks or blend values like we have in VRayBlendMtl: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Blend+Material+%7C+VRayBlendMtl

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. export to cubic VR

It would be amazing to be able to import skybox cubic background images and also export flattened cubic images from your final scene.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to access Bridge for images through Felix.

Time factor as well as direct accessibility to images would be key for Felix if Bridge images could be imported without going through Libraries. If one works with multi-adobe-apps the library is good for some aspects as reworked files but images that are direct should not have to go through another step in order to access.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. layer comps

This was already mentioned in the forum but a turn-on, turn-off eyeball feature is essential, especially for the product shots i'm trying to render which has customizable features that I need ot show multiple versions of.

It would also be an incredible too to have 'actions' and essentially the equivalent to 'layer comps' avaiable to allow setting up multiple verions and running renders overnight.

Is any of this in the works? Esepcially the eyeball feature mentioned back in December by another user?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes. :) We’re tryign to be pretty open about what we’re working on so all of the ideas here have statuses.
    Gathering Feedback: We’re not sure
    Planned: We’ve added it to our backlog and plan to do it
    Started: W e’re actively working on it
    The other suggestion for object visibility toggles (Eyeball) is marked as started and is targeted for our next release (though I never promise since you don’t know what will blow up during development cycles, hehe). There’s another suggestion for having a render queue for multiple renders that is also something we have planned eventually.
    The part that I’d say is still undefined is the Layer Comps idea. We’ve been considering something like that but haven’t made any commitments to it yet. I’ll rename this suggestion to Layer Comps we can use this discussion area to track it. I’d love to know more details about how/when/why…

17. Cloth Assembly and Simulation

I've recently worked in two Design Projects that involved cloth of some sorts. One of them, that was a complete challenge and, though it won 1rst Prize in a National Design Contest, the cloth component still looks horrible on the renders.

Trying to model the cloth part and get it together with the SolidWorks wooden parts was the biggest challenge here. I had to do it manually, polygon by polygon, within the time limit, and figure out a way to get everything together.

Would there be any possibility of modelling cloth physics on Felix and allow for an easier manipulation…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Very interesting topic. I think cloth simulation could be really fun to play with and definitely makes a lot of sense to have in some aspect. Thanks for attaching your example image, that’s very helpful.

I’d love to hear what other people think of this too.

18. Feedback on Loading Progress

It would be a good idea to have feedback on the progress of loading a model into Felix. It's been 30 min and there is no sign of this OBJ asset being ready to edit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pattern material is not seamless

I am not familiar with 3D enough to know if this is possible or not, but when applying material that has a pattern to, for instance, a sphere, there is an obvious seam in the pattern on the circumference of the sphere, giving the effect of a separate material on each half of the sphere. A way to eliminate that seam would be nice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an interesting topic but it’s not something I have an easy answer for. The seams are caused by… well seams. ;) In order to put an image onto a 3D model the model is essentially cut up and flatted into 2D image space. The seams you’re seeing are the places that the 3D model have been sliced in order to lay it out flat.

There are some other ways to cut the model to reduce the amount of visible seams or ‘fake’ the seamless-ness across the seam. I don’t really have an answer on what we’re doing here yet, but it’s a great topic and I’d love some more feedback on this from what you might expect.

For example:
    - Do you want control on where those seams are placed?
    - Is it most important to you that there be no seams or that the image be very…

20. Add Image to 3D Scene

I love that this is built for designers with image backgrounds, but as a photographer this could be huge for compositing. So basically I need the reverse. I need to be able to take a masked layer (say a masked out runner) and throw them into this scene and have refraction (glass) or what not to interact with the masked layer of the runner. so the ability to bring masked layers of photos into the scene to render out with objects is what I'd love to have! I currently have to do this in C4D

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base