Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feedback on Loading Progress

It would be a good idea to have feedback on the progress of loading a model into Felix. It's been 30 min and there is no sign of this OBJ asset being ready to edit.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pattern material is not seamless

I am not familiar with 3D enough to know if this is possible or not, but when applying material that has a pattern to, for instance, a sphere, there is an obvious seam in the pattern on the circumference of the sphere, giving the effect of a separate material on each half of the sphere. A way to eliminate that seam would be nice.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an interesting topic but it’s not something I have an easy answer for. The seams are caused by… well seams. ;) In order to put an image onto a 3D model the model is essentially cut up and flatted into 2D image space. The seams you’re seeing are the places that the 3D model have been sliced in order to lay it out flat.

There are some other ways to cut the model to reduce the amount of visible seams or ‘fake’ the seamless-ness across the seam. I don’t really have an answer on what we’re doing here yet, but it’s a great topic and I’d love some more feedback on this from what you might expect.

For example:
    - Do you want control on where those seams are placed?
    - Is it most important to you that there be no seams or that the image be very…

3. Add Image to 3D Scene

I love that this is built for designers with image backgrounds, but as a photographer this could be huge for compositing. So basically I need the reverse. I need to be able to take a masked layer (say a masked out runner) and throw them into this scene and have refraction (glass) or what not to interact with the masked layer of the runner. so the ability to bring masked layers of photos into the scene to render out with objects is what I'd love to have! I currently have to do this in C4D

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Left and right ground level widgets used for grid movement

Why not add plane widget in Felix?

I think that would be great improvement and speed up our work. Also many Adobe Illustrator users know how to use it and they can easily manipulate object in 3D space

"In addition, when you select the Perspective Grid, a Plane Switching Widget also appears. You can use this widget to select the active grid plane. In Perspective Grid, an active plane is the plane on which you draw an object to project the observer’s view of that portion of the scene."

A. Left Grid Plane B. No Active Grid Plane C. Right…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Scene Stats or Information

Polycount
    Frame rate

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Render Option to set bit (8, 16, 32)

Option to set bit (8, 16, 32) would be good. Right now only option 32 bit is quite overkill. Rendering time is way too long.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto Link Textures to CC Libraries

When importing an already textured 3D object, Felix should automatically duplicate texture files into the user's CC library of choice and automatically link the textures with the Felix file

This is so that textures that have already been applied need not be set up again in Felix.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple View WIndows

It will be helpful to have different view panel layout on screen while creating file- top/front/3D view together

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Work for multiple view windows hasn’t begun and is still in review. While we understand the value of multiple viewports we have a good bit of work to do on improving the one viewport we currently have. We’re focusing on the current composition, bookmark and render experience for this year but will probably start looking into multiple cameras and viewports more next year.

9. Better Selection Tools (Marquee, Lasso, Paint Select)

Specifically selecting just parts of the model to be able to have different textures or cut out part of the model perhaps. See attached for an idea of what might be accomplished with this. Please give me feedback on if this is already a feature. Thank you.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion! We definitely want to allow for much more customized selections in the future. You said you’d like to cut out part of the model as well, can you say more about what you mean? Do you want to ‘cut it out’ as a new model?

10. Preview UV Map

I'd like to be able to preview the UV Maps of the object and do some changes to the UV map.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HDR Light Studio

It might be interesting compatibility with HDR Light Studio to manage and generate a set of more professional lights.

https://www.lightmap.co.uk

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. render to EXR - render passes

It would very good to have the option to render to EXR with multiple passes. Compositing in this way gives a great deal of flexibility in post over the reflections, color, light /shadows, specularity, transparency..

It would also be very interesting to see the render output directly linked to Photoshop, premiere/ aftereffects.

In other applications rendering is not linked to the post processing tools - which makes it much slower to update layers and much less likely that re-rendering or additional changes will happen in the retracing tool.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. USD import support?

Pixar has open sourced their "Universal Scene Description" file format (www.openusd.org) that is getting a lot of support in the VFX world. Is there any thought of supporting that format, at least for import?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move and Resize Render Preview Window

I want to be able to move the render preview window.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UV Map Editing

Ability to control the UV maps for 3D models

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. grid toggle - scale settings

I would like to toggle the Grid on/off and set the scale of the grid ( metric/inches/feet/etc..)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cel Shading / Line Material (VRayToon)

Incorporate a shader such as VRayToon to allow for stylized cel shading and line rendering

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAYA/Toon+Rendering+%7C+VRayToon

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Manually create horizon line

Not all photographs have the obvious horizon line that you use in your tutorials. However, as the photographer sometimes you know where it is. It would be great if you could manually insert a horizon line where you know that it is and have it use that. i.e. just draw a horizon line on the photograph that you have used.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. align to face

Allow the user to align the camera straight with face. Clicking the "Align to Face" icon and seleting a a straight face within the model space will align the camera view straight on with the face. This could be useful for applying materials, meshes and images such as logos should they become available.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. History - Clickable & Action-able

Similar to Photoshop, a clickable list of the history of alterations.

I have always wanted in Photoshop (and now desire it in Felix) the ability to select some of the History and make it an "action" which I could use on other objects in scene or in new scenes.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base