Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SIBL layers

More flexibility and light control. Positioning is needed other than rotation.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reload Geometry

I have noticed minor issues with my imported obj models that require a quick adjustment to the geometry in Blender 3D. However, when I go to reopen the Felix project, the changes are not reflected, meaning that Felix doesn't seem to be refreshing the model when a project is reopened. It would be nice to have a "Reload Geometry" button to facilitate updating the model to reflect new adjustments.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video Motion Tracking

Camera Tracking with video support.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. dragging pics from desktop

When dragging a pic from the Finder, for example, PF could ask the user how to use the image. The current version just uses it as background image and that's that. What if I want to use it as texture for an object?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sculpting

If there's a way to create a sculpt mode where the model was more like clay that would be extremely useful for more organic shapes. A great example of what I'm talking about is Mudbox. It would probably need to support tablets first. It would also be great to have this feature connected to CC brushes etc.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Isolation mode ala Illustrator

How about isolation mode like illustrator for dealing with complex grouped objects? The wand tool is a bit clunky.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Placing Video Files as Textures

Add ability to export video format files will allow to use video files as textures.

The idea is: allow to cover objects with video textures and make them dynamic.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Universal tool for combined navigation

It would be better for the navigation to be like most 3D applications, where you have a universal tool to be able to zoom, rotate and change direction with the combination of keyboard button. It is really annoying to keep on selecting different tools to navigate. This should be rather easier than this.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts window

Low opacity window in window showing keyboard shortcuts

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show HDRI IBL in Background

When you apply a spherical HDRI image to the background, there should be an option to unfreeze the image so when you orbit, the background changes with it.

additionally, if an HDRI is chosen, it would be handy to have sliders in the options bar that allow you to change the image rotation, and scale. See attached concept

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include Background with Zoom

Zoom option needs tinkering - I gather there are two sets of zoom included so far: 1. background settings 2. objects grid zoom. I'd like zoom to have an option to include background within zooming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IOR Maps

One, I would like the ability to import Index of Reflection Maps. currently can only give it a numerical value, however, the 3d paint program I use will give me an IOR map.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Apply Text on Material

Two, a field where we could input text onto a portion of the model, above the material, or as a layer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple monitor support

When using multiple monitors, i would like to move my pallets to a second monitor.. it seems they are locked into the single view mode. I would especially like to see the preview window moved off of my art-board. some people utilize more than one monitor and would like to see their designs in full screen.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We (Adobe as a whole) are considering the next generation of User Interfaces, so this is a discussion that is being taken very seriously across the company. I’d love specific examples of the things you like to dock/undock and why.

15. Support for Wacom & Other Drawing Tablets

Wacom tablet drives sliders crazy, like the altitude or rotation points go to crazy huge values which I don't have using a 1/0 click device like the trackpad or mouse.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shortcuts window

A pop-up window you can activate by views (that you can pin on top) that has the shortcuts listed. Makes it easier rather than having to hover over the tools each time. Will save me having various bits of paper and guides all over the place :)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support for 3D Printing

STL files and dimensions (metric and imperial) for 3D printing. Manipulation of shapes from anchor points not just scaling. Extruding off of faces
    Separate a group of faces from an object to produce 2 different solids without the use of subtraction.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! Just as an FYI we generally track each feature individually, so we do have suggestions for STL support and add/subtract meshes to make new shapes, for example. Might suggest voting on those!

3D printing is definitely something we’re keeping in mind!

18. Be able to access Bridge for images through Felix.

Time factor as well as direct accessibility to images would be key for Felix if Bridge images could be imported without going through Libraries. If one works with multi-adobe-apps the library is good for some aspects as reworked files but images that are direct should not have to go through another step in order to access.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. layer comps

This was already mentioned in the forum but a turn-on, turn-off eyeball feature is essential, especially for the product shots i'm trying to render which has customizable features that I need ot show multiple versions of.

It would also be an incredible too to have 'actions' and essentially the equivalent to 'layer comps' avaiable to allow setting up multiple verions and running renders overnight.

Is any of this in the works? Esepcially the eyeball feature mentioned back in December by another user?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes. :) We’re tryign to be pretty open about what we’re working on so all of the ideas here have statuses.
    Gathering Feedback: We’re not sure
    Planned: We’ve added it to our backlog and plan to do it
    Started: W e’re actively working on it
    The other suggestion for object visibility toggles (Eyeball) is marked as started and is targeted for our next release (though I never promise since you don’t know what will blow up during development cycles, hehe). There’s another suggestion for having a render queue for multiple renders that is also something we have planned eventually.
    The part that I’d say is still undefined is the Layer Comps idea. We’ve been considering something like that but haven’t made any commitments to it yet. I’ll rename this suggestion to Layer Comps we can use this discussion area to track it. I’d love to know more details about how/when/why…

20. Feedback on Loading Progress

It would be a good idea to have feedback on the progress of loading a model into Felix. It's been 30 min and there is no sign of this OBJ asset being ready to edit.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base