Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live PSD Preview

I have a PSD file. I want add/Edit a 3D object in this file after rendering from Felix. Because Photoshop rendering is not good. when i giving a position to object in Felix then i want a live preview that PSD file in Felix as background image. As occurs linked between Illustrator and Photoshop. when save a Felix file then then real time changes in that PSD file.

Thanks
    Santraj Tonger

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option for No Preview on Final Render

When you're happy with your render but want to make a small alteration to the perspective (for example), you should be able to render straight to file, without a preview. To speed things up. This feature is common in 3D software.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resize Scene Panel

resize the Scene panel on the left to see longer names

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Render Resources Settings

Allow the user to select the number of cpu cores used for rendering -- rendering maxes out all 8 cores on my machine.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. parallax normal map

Normal map lacks a setting that is expected for bump type textures. The intensity and parallax need to be adjustable to get a correct looking relief or embossing look with a texture.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Live Updating Material Thumbnails

After changing the properties of a material the thumbnail in the document doesn't change to reflect the new colors or look.

Also, after loading a model or saving and reloading the Felix .asd file the thumbnails all turn into "?" icons.

Building a way for the application to show live thumbnails of the current materials instead of a static picture will help with these issues!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3D Path / Curve Support

3D paths / curves (splines that curve in 3D space - not flat vector shapes)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scene creator with more basic free content

While this topic is similar to this thread (https://projectfelix.uservoice.com/forums/576739-project-felix-feedback-questions/suggestions/17421376-request-for-models), I am really hoping for a decent scene creator. In my case, this ability would be great for creating a scene to illustrate branding guidelines or announce an event.

For example, these sites (https://creativemarket.com/ZippyPixels/869348-Dazzle-Scene-Creator-Bundle and https://qeaql.com/) offer several models and orientations to create a well-rounded scene with minimal effort. Whether it be for an event, or a mockup (whether digital or electronic), Felix would be perfect for creating these scenes (especially in combination with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop).

Also, as a side note, I understand that you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Searchable Help

Some help assets that don't require blowing a lot of time watching videos. I'd love to just search for what I'm after.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Is there any way to import your own custom color library?

I have a custom color library that I've created and I want to use it in combination with the materials Dimension provides. It would be great if I could choose a material and then just drag and drop my own colors on top of the material.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!
    Thanks so much for the suggestion. We are very interested in supporting color in Dimension.
    Could you tell us more about your workflow? Where do you usually get your color swatches? Do you use ASE files or cloud libraries or something else?

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base