Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Background Animation

Can you add animation in the background, like a cinemagraph?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Generate Hair and Fur

is it possible to create fuzy/fur covered objects? i have a 3D puppy and it needs to be fluffy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the moment it is not possible to create fur and hair systems in Dimension (realistic hair strands). For a flat texture or hair planes, these are things you would create in another modeling system and import with the item.

Since this is an idea based forum, please only post suggestions. I will edit this one to be a proposal for hair/fur generator.

3. Render and design at the same time

It would be nice to render while designing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to access and search my images in Lightroom CC

Ability to search and access my photos in Lightroom CC in the Assets panel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Depth of Field Sensitivity Balancing

the blur mode is realy intense and hper sensitive. It's also difficult to regester exactly where the focus point is. i click a spot and it focuses near (not on) the spot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. beveled or carved edges for art

it would be awesome if we can create beveled/embossed letters for signage. especially letters carved into a surface with a v-cut (like in roman carved letters).

it doesn't even need to be a live text tool, just enable the software to use vector art for 3d art, and we will create the vector in iilustrator and import it to the library.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Retain Text in Feedback Panel

when going back to the screen when posting feedback - in my case to make a screenshot, the feedback box will close.. and the feedback will be gone.. Having to type it once more :)

/ PoulG

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Find and Replace Colors

It would be awesome to add a feature where if you have a common color in the object, you can select the same color and change it to another color, like a find and replace color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export/Import Cameras

Export camera to fbx feature please!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export as webgl

Ability to render to webgl to incorporate into json.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Glow for Decals

It would be great if you could add a glow feature to the Decal Properties so you can falsely make decals pop a bit more.
    - Brett Dawson

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 360 decal on a sphere

For now its impossible to make a complete 360 layer around a sphere. It would be great to have the opportunity to stretch .ai files to fit 360 perfectly. Working at a ball company this is essential. Today using 3DMax just for this feature and would like to shift to Dimension if the feature is available ;)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, very interesting workflow. I’m curious here, when you do this with 3ds Max, what method are you using? For the example graphic you made, is that the texture made based on UVs or is that a template that you send to the printer, etc? Some details here would be great, the team is really interested by this example.

13. Render progression in taskbar

I would like to see the render progression in the taskbar in Windows10.
    Kind of like in Premiere Pro.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Environment Object Models for Animation

Created 3D props should have the ability to be exported to After Effects, Character Animator, or Photoshop Vanishing Point in order to be used as scene props in animation. This would be amazingly helpful when attempting to create multi-camera shots of the same scene without having to reanimate the angles/perspective of 2D objects. Dynamic linking could allow for DImension, Fuse and After Effects cameras to create real-time 3D environments for modeling and animation. Lastly, you guys rock! Thank you for all of your hard work!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion! Just to clarify with a specific ask, you’re looking for an export format of some type that would save your entire 3D scene in a way that could be read and shared between Dimension/After Effects, for example. Is that correct?

15. Importing files from Revit software

It would be great if this could work to import a file from Revit (.dwx, .dwf, .nsw) so we could use for Architectural rendering. Please let me know if there is already a way to do this. Love all the Adobe programs I currently use (Ps, Id, Lr, Ai) and look forward to hopefully getting to utilize Dimension as well!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Get Dimensions of Selection

need sizing for the individual properties, currently lookingat the billboard, but I cannot get the information on what size the POSTER is, so I can create porportionate 2D art.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. This is an interesting one, shouldn’t be too hard to implement. :) Just so I understand, you’re looking for a way to start with the 3D model and get the exact dimensions of one of the parts (such as the sign portion of a billboard, screen portion of a phone, etc.) so you can make the images to that specific dimension, correct?

17. Wider scrollbars

Maybe I'm a little shortsighted, but I think it would be great if the scroll bars were a few pixels wider throughout the interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Render File Naming

UI:

The rendered file should take on the name of the native Dimension file by default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save autogenerated HDR files for use in other apps.

It would be great if we could use the autogenerated from backplate HDR file for use in other apps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chamfer Corners

More controls of objects such as truncating corners.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base