Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pen & Shape Tools

Kindly please Updates with more tools, Example: Pen, Shapes etc.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit Object Points / Vertices

ability to move points of an object, and create objects similar to the pen tool in illustrator

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Render Time Limit

It would be useful to set a period of time for the render to use. Combined with my earlier idea, a render queue, you would be able to get a set number of renders at a set time. Very useful in the creative world where deadlines are frequent and always closing in.

I've added a quick scene being rendered on a MacBook Pro (Late 2013 top spec, i7 quadcore 2,6, 16GB ram, GT750M 2GB), medium quality, 1024x768, with a snapshot taken at 30 minutes. It's still going, about 40 minutes now, not much difference in quality, so a way to…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3D Painting link between Felix & Ps

Adobe could really take Felix to the next level, by adding the ability to paint on a mesh with UV's in Photoshop and communicate with Felix, by painting diffuse, spec, normal map then render within Felix send it back to Photoshop for the composite.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion. You can currently do 3D painting in Photoshop and then export the model as an .obj file so I think the key here with this request is to have a more live-linked experience. Could you talk more about what you’d want there?

5. More camera options

It would be nice to have a set of camera options to take the best out of Felix. I've already left some comments around giving some ideas to what it could be possible to do but I'm going to leave a Feature Request with everything in place and explained.

Camera should have these basic navigation tools controlled by Mouse/Keyboard and Menu:

- Move Up and Down; (Shift/Ctrl+W/S or PageUp/PageDown)
    - Move Left and Right; (A/D)
    - Move Forward and Backwards; (W/S)

- Yaw; (Mouse Drag)
    - Pitch; (Mouse Drag)
    - Roll; (Q/E)

This would allow to easily position the camera…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great write-up! We’ve considered a ‘game-style’ mode of navigation using WASD/QE keys. It’s an interesting approach that has been fun for me in some game engines and other platforms. We do have all of these controls available, but seems like your request here is really to have a custom keybind and control scheme for the movement.

We do have a Focal Length/FoV control in the Camera settings when you select the scene. Aperature/Depth of Field/F-Stop is coming soon!

Exposure Time/Motion Blur is not on the list right now, but definitely something we’re keeping in mind.

6. Flip Normal Directions

I tried to import an object made of Autodesk Fusion 360 and been transformed into OBJ through Autodesk 360.
    When I apply a material like wood in rendering the object appears completely black.
    I think the problem is related to the direction of the normal ... would be useful under felix have a command to invert the normal.

Another problem: there is the ability to scale the textures?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate Camera Objects

Having the camera as a 3D object in the scene

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. History - Clickable & Action-able

Similar to Photoshop, a clickable list of the history of alterations.

I have always wanted in Photoshop (and now desire it in Felix) the ability to select some of the History and make it an "action" which I could use on other objects in scene or in new scenes.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Importing Gif and exporting Gif animations

We can add creative feature and allow to place or use as materials GIF files (Gif animations) ...also exporting them as Gif Animation

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. render to EXR - render passes

It would very good to have the option to render to EXR with multiple passes. Compositing in this way gives a great deal of flexibility in post over the reflections, color, light /shadows, specularity, transparency..

It would also be very interesting to see the render output directly linked to Photoshop, premiere/ aftereffects.

In other applications rendering is not linked to the post processing tools - which makes it much slower to update layers and much less likely that re-rendering or additional changes will happen in the retracing tool.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Live Updating Material Thumbnails

After changing the properties of a material the thumbnail in the document doesn't change to reflect the new colors or look.

Also, after loading a model or saving and reloading the Felix .asd file the thumbnails all turn into "?" icons.

Building a way for the application to show live thumbnails of the current materials instead of a static picture will help with these issues!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to choose a 3rd party renderer.

Have the ability to choose a 3rd party tenderer such as Lux renderer.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. stop render at a specific sample level

I like to see a sample level indicator on the render & render preview so progress can be checked on. Also the ability to have the render stop at a specific sample level.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. This should be a Windows 10 UWP app like Adobe XD.

This should be a Windows 10 UWP app like Adobe XD.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scriptable rendering

Would like to be able to script adding objects to a preset scene - maybe pass a file for the preset scene and a file for the item(s) to import then get a render out. Ideally this would work without launching the GUI so that batches of exports can be created automatically.

The use case for this is users online designing a product (in this case a guitar) by choosing a bunch of options, then we'd like to produce a high quality render at some point after, from their design.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Additional element types from CC Libraries

Currently can import graphics (jpgs), models (obj), lights (ibl), and materials (mdl). Add the ability to bring in additional element types from CC Libraries including brushes, colors, etc.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scene creator with more basic free content

While this topic is similar to this thread (https://projectfelix.uservoice.com/forums/576739-project-felix-feedback-questions/suggestions/17421376-request-for-models), I am really hoping for a decent scene creator. In my case, this ability would be great for creating a scene to illustrate branding guidelines or announce an event.

For example, these sites (https://creativemarket.com/ZippyPixels/869348-Dazzle-Scene-Creator-Bundle and https://qeaql.com/) offer several models and orientations to create a well-rounded scene with minimal effort. Whether it be for an event, or a mockup (whether digital or electronic), Felix would be perfect for creating these scenes (especially in combination with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop).

Also, as a side note, I understand that you…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Light Saturation Controls

It would be very helpful to have control over the saturation of the lighting form the HDR.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lighting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Toggle Render Options (visible, shadow, GI)

It would be nice to be able to toggle render options on and off per object like...
    1. primary visibility
    2. visible in reflections
    3. visible in refractions
    4. casts shadows
    5. receives shadows
    6. emits GI
    7. receives GI

These options should be available when you click on the 3D object and see the transform info on the right side of the window. Maybe there is another tab with render options? I would imagine that features like this could reduce render time and allow for that extra customization you cant get in real life.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Import PTC (prt, asm ) file

Please add PTC ( prt, asm ) files for adobe so that we can add models made in PTC Creo.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base