Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assets Used Panel

This may already exist but it would be nice to have a section that has which lighting and other options (such as material) has been chosen.

For when you can't remember what you have chosen!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embed Published 3D Scene in Behance/Adobe Portfolio

It would be fantastic to be able to embed a Published 3D Scene into Behance and Adobe Portfolio, so that besides the static rendered images or product photos, potential clients visiting my profile/site would be able to see my designs from all angles.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion! Have you tried the publish to web button we have on the top right corner? Would be great to hear what you think about it.
    We do not yet have a way to embed our content into websites and definitely looking into it.

3. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Material linking by default

Materials with the same name (for say a duplicated object) need to be linked BY DEFAULT. The current behavior of duplicating an object and having materials that are independent is a super bad problem. Right now if a change is made to one, you have to go link other instances and that's just tedious and painful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to increase canvas size without changing the image size.

Would like the ability to increase canvas size without changing the image size such as ability in Ps. Often wish to continue the environment outside of the background image and currently this is not possible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Product Templates

It would be great if each product came with a template so you can open it in illustrator and create designs that fit the dimensions exactly!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Retain image size and ratio when dropping it onto a model

When you drop an image on your model, the image is squished/stretched, and then you must eyeball it to make it look right.

I wish there was a way to retain the original image size, EVEN whil you adjust the size of the model.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Label Selection Mask

Is it possible to add Label mask to Material Selection Masks layer within rendered psd?

Currently, a rendered psd has Material Selection Masks and Object Selection Masks layers. None of them display label mask if label is applied and rendered.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Normals pattern only repeats once when a decal is applied to it.

When using a custom normals map combined with a decal. Normals map is scaled to fit the entire object 1 x time, not allowing repeat pattern

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Apply Decal to Fill an Area

Dimensions is very good and simple to use, but coming from a 3D background it is also limiting in the application of decals. My initial dive in has probably missed soemthing but I can't see obvious ways to do the following.

Restricting decals to specific faces or areas - perhaps these areas could be "painted on" with a brush and the decal only applies there?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Edited original post to a single idea to meet the requirements for the voting/status system.

You can find an existing idea for multiple decals here: https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559/suggestions/31964002

Being able to add a decal to a specific area and fill it appropriately is actually a really cool topic and something we’ve experimented a bit with! It’s not part of the official roadmap for 2018, but definitely possible in the future.

11. dark menu bar for dark theme - windows

make menu bar match dark theme (like photoshop) for windows

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. quick human skin material

Can we get a human skin material?

I'm not talking something too fancy, just something that gives us a starting point for a quick and accurate sss and a start at texture. something we can touch up in photoshop or apply a freckle decal too spice it up a little.

Forgive me if this is already a thing, and I just haven't seen it.

also, if anybody has any tips on rendering skin in here, I'm all ears. my best luck has been with the wax material.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Skin usually requires a special material and shader sub-type due to it’s unique qualities. At the moment we don’t have a skin material type or the shaders hooked up to render them correctly, but it’s something we’ve discussed and we want to add support for in the future. I’ll be sure to update here as we move forward on skin!

13. "Find Similar" search option

add a "find similar" button or option to models, testures etc. and have it link to adobe stock to make it quicker to find assets for substitution

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export environment image created from flat image

Option to export background panorama created from flat image. It is visible now is Environment Light slot (see attachment).

Based on documentation, Dimension uses Content Aware Tool known from Photoshop. It could be impemented in Photoshop as filter as well, as it is very useful feature for every designer working in 3D environment.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple Material Masking

Multiple materials on a siblge object, identified with a selected clipping mask.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a label to an invisible object

It would be great to be able to add a label to an object that can become invisible when you are creating packaging for an object that exists in a background photo with contents that you need to show, i.e. a glass jar.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Importing Hair (blender)

Are there any plans for importing hair into DimnensionCC?
    Blender, Cinema 4D, Zbrush all have strong hair generaters(creators)... but the hair doesn't import into adobe programs (unless it's sculpted from an object).
    Maybe support importing objects with Hair on them for rendering?

Fuse has hair models but they're not too good when compared to what these other programs can generate. They fall short for hyper-realism, and customizing the hair is complicated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Background Animation

Can you add animation in the background, like a cinemagraph?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Generate Hair and Fur

is it possible to create fuzy/fur covered objects? i have a 3D puppy and it needs to be fluffy.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the moment it is not possible to create fur and hair systems in Dimension (realistic hair strands). For a flat texture or hair planes, these are things you would create in another modeling system and import with the item.

Since this is an idea based forum, please only post suggestions. I will edit this one to be a proposal for hair/fur generator.

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base