Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HNM

how to take own logo

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graphics error

error on placing graphics on custom made obj files from sketchup - doesnt show graphics

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Renders cancelling without any alert

I've tried 4 renders tonight and each onw has gotten some way along only for it to self cancel with no alert that it is doing that!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m so sorry to hear about the issue here. Can you provide a bit more detail when you say it ‘self cancels’? What are you seeing in the interface?

Can you also let me know which version of the Dimension application you’re using (you can check in the About menu item)? Finally, can you let me know what render settings you’re using? Is it high quality or low? Local or cloud?

Thank you for any additional information!

4. Scene Panel Sorting & Filtering

Under 'scenes', want way of making the menu alphabetical ,for sure, but also perhaps date modified. Sometimes there are too many and it's very boring looking for things which because you're zoomed in, you don't want to find by looking at the object then clicking.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. layers

Having the ability to have layers, and assign objects per layers, would be great!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! I’d like to understand more what functionality you’d expect from ‘layers’ in the context of a 3D scene.

Would you expect to use this primarily for organization, or would it actually behave as layers do in 2D apps where top layers would always render over back laters, regardless of 3D positioning?

I’d also love to know why you’re looking for layers specifically as opposed to what we have today. What are you trying to do you can’t achieve?

6. Replace Materials from Sketchup

I import Sketchup Scenes and would like a easy overview of my allready existing materials that I can replace quickly with the dimension materials. At the moment I have to pull in every material on every face which is quite a pain if you have for example a hundred chairs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Window title to include filename

The title is just a static "Adobe Dimension"

This makes using automatic time tracking software impossible to decipher what file was being worked on.

Should be an easy addition

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Object Variations

It would be awesome to be able to create multiple “product configurations” that can be setup for easy rendering. For example, take a product packaging scene that needs many different textures for multiple product label versions/locales/languages/etc. Currently, each variation must be rendered out by hand individually, and there is no way to batch anything at the moment.

In this scenario, each camera "render view" would still be the same, but the textures, materials, models, environment, etc. could all change.

Take a look how Onshape and Keyshot handle their configurations. Onshape's configurations, though a CAD package, is incredibly powerful!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Switching Modes from Render to Design forgets selected render views...

Render Settings: Keep the "most recent" views selected when switching back to the Design tab. Currently, going back to Design resets this selection list every time to Current View, and I am constantly forgetting to re-check everything before hitting render.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Targa import

Targa is a very common format for texture maps. You can open them in PS and convert to PNG/JPEG but it would be nice to have them work with Dimenion right away.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Select material and cut-paste a new geometry

I would LOVE to be able to make a selection from a material's placement and then copy paste the geometry as a new object.

I happen to find that going from geometry to material back and forth is a bit tedious, So I'd rather "ungroup" my geometry and make it easier to change.

Having a right click option on a placed material to "make a selection from the material's placement" (= which means I already once on this project made that selection with the magic wand), or, second option "make a new object from the material's placement selection, and cut…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This should be very feasible. We do allow you (as of Dimension 2.2) to copy/paste selections of geometry into new objects. Right now the selection method is using Magic Wand, so if your material application is the same as a magic wand selection then you could do this today.

For a future enhancement we can add a way to select the polygons a material is assigned to.

12. Would love to have Displacement Maps

Would love the addition of Displacement maps so we can get some added details out of certain models. Would add a lot of realism for an otherwise flat world of extras beside normals.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share with password

Hello I would like to share my designs with others so that they need to have a passwork to access the work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Object's faces management

Better management of the diffectent faces of an object and have the same options of the propertu tab as those of the object (material,color, opacity,...)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Could you tell us more about what you would like to manage with object faces?

With respect to properties, color, opacity, etc are properties that are related to the material that is applied to the object. So you can access them by double clicking on the face whose material you want to edit.

Did you want something more specific? Let us know!

15. Allow user to put the "Tool options" back in the "view control bar" above the canvas, please.

Dimension used to have the "Tool options" in a "view control bar" above the canvas. With an update, the "Tool options" was moved to a pop-out window attached to the toolbar.

PLEASE make an option for users to move the "Tool options" back to the "view control bar".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. cross section

Is there any plans to include cross section feature? that can be very helpful to built empty boxes from any object.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!
    Thanks so much for your feedback, and for using Dimension!
    Cross section of 3D models seems like a great idea to visualize complex objects/interiors and assign materials to them.
    I’d love to understand more about your idea of using cross sections. Could you give some examples of how you would use this feature?

17. Mutilple Object Selection Apply Decal To All

Would be nice to be able select multiple objects and apply the same decal to all at one time - multiple selection amd apply : )

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion here! Should be pretty easy to do. I’m curious would you primarily be selecting different objects of different shapes and sizes or primarily duplicated similar objects?

If the object has multiple parts would you want us to put the decal on all selected parts?

18. Camera Lens options

I'm doing renders and wanting to emulate a 50mm Canon FD lens that I have in my kit. It occurred to me that Lightroom has all of the details on every one of these lenses AND the distortion/vignetting that those lenses apply to the image.

Proposal:

Add lens options to the camera feature to enable us to replicate existing lenses. This would include the option of adding lens distortions (this is especially valuable in renders with high-dof where rendered objects are out of focus and near the edge of the frame where barrel distortion would change how the focus appears) …

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Don't allow file open to Interrupt render

When many windows are open and rendering is happening to a file in the background it is too easy to interrupt the render by double clicking on a .dn file. Can you give an alert box to prevent interrupting the render in progress?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this observation, and I’m sorry for the render progresses you might have lost due to clicking on a Dn file.
    We will try to make sure there is a warning to let you know whenever a render might be interrupted. Thanks for the great feedback and let me know if you have any other issues!

20. Qued Rendering

Qued rendering/animation

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base