Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Optix failing to allocate system memory when device allocation fails

Optix is failing to allocate system memory when device allocation fails, resulting in repeated GPU errors when working on high complexity scenes with an RTX 2060 6gb.

Really inconvenient having to fall back to my cpu and watching it commit 40gb of ram to the render

Blender had the same issue, according to their forums it was fixed by copying a bunch of memory allocation code from the cuda renderer " it really only copies most of the memory allocation code from devicecuda over to deviceoptix to remedy"

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transparent matte plastic

Hi everyone, I tried in every way but I can't recreate the plastic as per attachment; if I work on opacity, the label placed as texure is opaque too; does anyone have an idea ???

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve performance - Dimension is a memory hog

Dimension is an incredible memory hog. Right now it's using about 80% of my Macbook's RAM, plus the swap file while on the Design tab. It's very difficult to work with as currently implemented. I have to zoom out to about 25% to be able to work with the app at all. Any larger and it's completely unresponsive. Even then, actions are veeeery slow. For example:
    - Clicking between models is often unresponsive or delayed.
    - Attempting to select models in the list often does not work because of the delayed response.
    - Opening and closing group folders in the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. report a bug

When I tried to render my works, everytime a window pop up and said app restart needed. I tried different file but still same issue. But I successfully render my work last week, not sure what happened.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. report a bug

When I tried to render my works, everytime a window pop up and said app restart needed. I tried different file but still same issue. But I successfully render my work last week, not sure what happened.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. error on FBX import

crash while importing .FBX file from PoserPro 11

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Decal Editing New Gizmo

I have feature reques to add pattern rotation, scaling and moving features into properties panel or add pattern editing gizmo into workpase . Here is the capture from Marvelous Designer where we can find such a gizmo. That is very helpful and useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Re-Color Workflow - Save color palettes, similar to saved views

It would be really awesome to have an efficient re-color workflow. This would be hugely useful to people who use Dimension for images of products which come in various colors. The way I imagine it working is, I can define a palette for each model or shape (or part thereof), then when I go to Render, I can choose the colors to render with checkboxes, just like I currently can with saved views.

This way, when I have to make the same image for five product colors, I can compose the scene once, then check the colors I want rendered.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I can't place the graphic on model

I import the obj file to Adobe dimension, which is a t-shirt, I want to try place some png file on the t-shirt, but when I place it, the pic is not show up on the tee, just like fill a color on the top, when I scale down the pic, the model is go back to original color, I don't know what wrong, Pls. help!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: Can no longer open file or sync to cloud storage

BUG REPORT: Can no longer open this file and sync to cloud.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't Combine Parts by Material

Dimension seems to automatically combine model parts when they use the same material, such as when I use the Sampler Tool. This is problematic because there seems to be no way to separate the parts after this operation. What if I want to change the properties or material of just one part? Now I can't. If anything, they should be put in a subgroup or navigable tree.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Helllo! I was hoping to get some more information on this topic. Let me start by clarifying that Dimension has 2 ‘lists’. 

There is the Scene Panel ‘object’ list which is all the 3D components. Then there is the “Appearance” list which shows the materials and graphics applied to any specific object.

The object list you can think of as actual parts. These can me moved independently, can be renamed, reorganized, etc.

If you want to have a distinct piece that is always listed as a separate part, you can make it an object in the object list. Make a magic wand selection, then cut/paste the selection into a new object. Now it will show up as a 3D object and can be moved, renamed, etc.

The appearance list however, has different functionality. It’s a list of materials and graphics applied to an object, and is intended to auto-rename and…

13. add name of current view display

Is it possible to add to the interface the name of the curent view we are in, switching views is nice but after switching many times you can get lost.

(Top view) (Front Right) ...

thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add normals in Decals

would it be possible to add the option to insert a decal with a normal or properties to control the bumpness of the image, like emboss or pillow emboss in photoshop.

Any effect that would help enhance the decals to look more 3d or beveled would be nice

thanks

Kris

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Toggle to use model's original axes to scale, rotate, and position

Dimension needs a toggle to use the original model geometry as the basis when making changes in the properties inspector. What I mean is, if I change the X scale from 0.1 to 1.0, then rotate X 90-degrees, then change the X scale from 1.0 to 2.0 the object should be 20x the original OBJ geometry on its X axis. That's not what actually happens. Right now, what happens is if I scale or rotate a model, then scale or rotate again, the changes are relative to its current position in the scene, meaning I can't replicate operations on multiple…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-generate UV maps

It would be great if there is a function to auto-generate the UV maps relevant for AR (ie. albedo, ao, emissive, normal, roughness, metallic). Currently, I generate them separately for each 3D mesh in Blender and it is very time consuming.

eg. I import a plain 3D mesh with no textures into Dimensions and I apply materials found in Dimensions to this 3D mesh. It would be great if then we can bake all the UV maps from the Dimension materials for use in Aero and other applications.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Crash with the last version of Dimension

All was ok with this last version of Dimensions. But today after a rendering, the program crashed. Here is the report of my pc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for eGPU (external GPU)

I'm running on a mac Mini that meets all the system requirements with an eGPU that also meets the system requirements. Every time I start Dimension I get an OpenGL error message. If I start without the eGPU running I can start the program just fine. Then I can start my eGPU and even use it to speed render times. I would like to not have to go through this unnecessary step every time I start this program.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dimension has never been tested with eGPUs. There’s probably no reason we can’t support them, just haven’t today. At this time we don’t have immediate plans to add this to our testing coverage, but I’ll bring it up to the team and will update here if we start work on it!

A note, it’s not actually expected that plugging in the eGPU afterwards would change anything. Dimension selects the GPU at launch and once selected doesn’t change. I’m very curious about the performance change, but if it’s actually using the eGPU that is not by design.

19. Incorporating guide lines

Adding guide lines

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set size of decals

The most difficult part in my work with Dimension is to manage the UVmap: even if the face model and the Decal were exactly the same sizes, the textures never corresponded exactly. It would have helped me to be able to indicate the size in cm of a each decal.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base