Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't Ask Users to Post their Dimension.log File on feedback.adobedimension.com

When Dimension crashes, it tells the user to submit a bug report via the Provide Feedback menu item, and to submit their Dimension.log file when doing so. The Provide Feedback menu item redirects the user to this site, feedback.adobedimension.com, where posts are publicly visible. By asking users to submit their log file, Dimension is asking it's users to expose the following information to the public:

userId
    firstName
    lastName
    email
    countryCode
    displayName
    accountType

This information should be kept private. Dimension should not ask its users to expose this information about themselves.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback! The feedback button is supposed to have an in-app mechanism for attaching the file, which seems to not be working.

On this website feedback.adobedimension.com there is a “Contact Us” which you can use to send attachments privately.

We do not recommend attaching log files to forums.

2. Not opening

When I try to open Dimension it simply freezes at the first screen. Sometimes the page doesn't even load fully (see attached screen grab: Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 01.05.53.png). Other times the page loads, but none of the buttons or links work and I can't even close the app without using the Force Quit option.

My system can be seen in the following attached image( Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 01.06.42.png)
    Can you please let me know why this might be?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Not opening

When I try to open Dimension it simply freezes at the first screen. Sometimes the page doesn't even load fully (see attached screen grab: Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 01.05.53.png). Other times the page loads, but none of the buttons or links work and I can't even close the app without using the Force Quit option.

My system can be seen in the following attached image( Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 01.06.42.png)
    Can you please let me know why this might be?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not starting up

I'm using a mac pro 2012 with liquid metal gnu and 42gb of ram, after an update it now doesn't start at all, just hangs, can you please rectify this issue?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One click Material resolution output

It would be nice to setup material output resolution for all materials at the same time instead of selecting each object and defining the output parameter one by one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Workspace

Maybe Dimension can have a setting where you can personalize your workspace and change the color of the workspace.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for VRML file formats

I absolutely love Adobe dimension; the ease with which I can work and render my 3D files is amazing. I mainly produce my 3D models in ZBrush Core which, unlike the full version of ZBrush, can only export color models in VRML format. Being able to import my VRML files into dimension to render in high definition with their full color would really help me display my work at its best. Exporting in VRML formats would be helpful too, as I print my models through Shapeways and VRML formats work best for their uploads.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bug importing .obj files

Why I can't import file .obj + mtl ? maybe because in the MTL file there are materials that adobe dimension doesn't have?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Decal/material changing scale

OK so this is more than a bit subtle, but can you see a triangular area where the grain is larger and the decal is broken up?

I'm sure this has something to do with exporting it from solidworks, but wondering if there's a way to fix it in dimensions?

I'd also like to understand the issue more, to avoid it in future.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Application Restart Needed" After Attempt to Duplicate Object

Application conistently crashes when trying to duplicate an object. Tried several methods all with same result.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Smart object as any mockup

Adobe Dimension should have the ption to save stickers to editable layers as a smart object and then change the layout in photoshop or alpha chanel, just like any mockup. Don´t just save the depth map.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copy & paste of camera views between different DN files

Copy & paste of camera views between different DN files. Currently, there's the only option of bookmarking camera views. It would be great to be able to copy and paste those bookmarks when opening different DN files.

Another way would be to have the option to export the camera views or when drag&drop DN files into the Dimensions UI, to have a pop-up to check what you want to import: models, lights, cameras.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Modelling 3D

Sarebbe bello implementare una sorta di modellazione 3D, per creare i propri contenuti 3D da zero.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Highlight object collisions (intersections)

Currently, when one object is intersecting/colliding with another, it can be difficult to tell. While this doesn't have to be precise for my print work, I have started exporting (especially the new text features) for 3D printing — which of course requires a model's surfaces to be connected. If there was some way of highlighting this — such as using an alternate border color, that would be great!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to change selection color

I work a lot with cyan objects, since most of my work is for creative tutorials that go to print. Dimension's selection color is always cyan, which makes it difficult to see what I've selected. Is there any way that the selection color can be changed, like in other CC apps?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Highlight edges as you cycle thru placed image layers

I am currently designing on the milk carton model with screenshots of my designs placed on each panel. When I'm in the "graphic images" layers, I think it would be easier to identify panels if the edges were highlighted everytime you hover over a graphic from the layers of graphics. Much like in Illustrator, when you use the 3D extrude effect -- when you map images on to your extruded shape, you can cycle thru the extruded panels and it highlights the edges in red so that you can visually see which panel you are working with.
    Also, the "fit…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Where Am I? A virtual reference 'system'

One of the most challenging things for me in Dimension is 'location orientation'-in other words 'where am I?".

1. Would like multiple views-Front Top, botttom, right side, default perspective?

2. The ability to turn on a 'temporary' 3d bounding box, so when change my view the 'walls' of the bounding box say top, bottom, front, etc...So I have some way to my location and orientation

Hard to explain -let me know if you want me try to desrcibe it differently -thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would have been nice to have the option to drag and extend the materials section. As of now I can't the whole names when I am on grid mode.

Would have been nice to have the option to drag and extend the materials section to the right. As of now I can't see the complete name of the materials when I am on grid mode. Another solution could be to have an option to scale the grid view thumbnail size

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base