Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Embed Code Parameters

The ease of use of the environment lights and textures are awesome! Viewing in a .gltf viewer doesn't do these projects justice.

I'd love to have a few more features for the embed code so I can more easily integrate them into web projects. Such as autostart, autospin, and remove controls (such as full-screen, restart, and help)

Maybe there's a way to do a premium model that would allow me to showcase a higher resolution and remove the "made in dimension" pop-up.

Wistia has a cool feature where you can visually adjust the iframe embed code

Thanks so much!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. decals not showing

Hello there,
    I have a problem with decals that are not showing on the surface where I´ve put them. The thumbnails are correct but i can´t see anything on the model.
    Some further information: The model of the sixpack ist custom-made, so not from the library or Adobe Stock. The decals are normal JPGs from screenshots.
    Hope you can help me.

Kind regards,
    Timo

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. decals not showing

Hello there,
    I have a problem with decals that are not showing on the surface where I´ve put them. The thumbnails are correct but i can´t see anything on the model.
    Some further information: The model of the sixpack ist custom-made, so not from the library or Adobe Stock. The decals are normal JPGs from screenshots.
    Hope you can help me.

Kind regards,
    Timo

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scattering

We need scattering! When importing a model choose to scatter instants of that model on a surface or noisemap.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. RENDER ISSUES

I am unable to render no higher than low quality. It just stops estimating at 49%

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Error when opening a file

When I try to open my dimension file on Dimension an error occurs and then a message says to go here and attach the log file.

I'm kind lost.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add HSB; RGB, Grayscale sliders

It would be nice to have HSB; RGB, and Grayscale sliders for more precise color tweaking inside Base Color panel, just like in other Adobe apps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Borrow features from the original "Dimensions" software

Way back in 1990s there was a separate little program that shipped with Illustrator called..."Adobe Dimensions" (note that Dimensions has an "s" at the end). It was a 3D modeling and rendering program that worked seamlessly with Illustrator, was very simple to use, and kicked the crap out of Illustrator's current 3D capabilities. It was a brilliant program that was sadly discontinued in 2004. Unfortunately, Adobe never truly integrated any of Dimensions best features into any of its programs. Had Adobe had just ported all the features directly over to Illustrator and continued to evolve it they could have had…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. separate resizing with selection tool

Have you noticed that the general Selection tool does not allow you to modify the sizes X, Y, Z separately when it is aligned with the scene? Even if the padlock is unlocked. On the other hand when the tool is no longer aligned with the scene it is possible to modify the 3 sizes separately when the padlock is unlocked.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. its possibile export keyshot to dimensio n with materials?

i would like export mu work on keyshot , with all textures to Dimension..but when i import from dimension i lose all materials

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shadow Catch Planes

This topic has been suggested before but wanted to bring fresh light to it.

Please add shadow catch planes, so If I do use a background image, I can have shadows cast on walls, Or maybe an auto-match wall plane feature.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lighting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Spinners, nudging, units

Can we have spinners for dimension/scale/etc. changes? Right now you have to actually type a number in each field. Spinners are used in 3DS, and they save lots of time.

Is it possible to nudge the maps? Nudging is standard in other Adobe apps.

Is there a way to permanently set the units to our choice instead of it defaulting to metric each time?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Moving a decal with XYZ

I noticed that the AI sometimes help (Or making it worse) when I drop decal onto a 3D model. Sometimes I just want to move slight a bit but I can't. The XYZ feature for now seems to be only controling the ratio of the image, but not how the image is placed on the surface of the model. Also, as my attachment shows, sometimes I want to make my mock up perfect which I want to mock up the pages underneath the top pages as well. But since the pages I want to mock up is underneath another surface,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add "Cut-Paste" from one .dn file to another.

The fact that I have to recreate any unique objects I build rather than simply copying them into new projects costs DAYS of time. It is a crippling deficiency in Dimension and it's shocking this is not given the highest possible priority since it is a fundamental feature in all other Adobe products. PLEASE fix this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Imported materials and graphics element on imported 3D models.

Possibility to correctly apply imported materials and graphics element on imported 3D models.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. application restart needed - several hours work lost.

Tried all the troubleshooting and 'solves' suggested online. Not working and no have lost my project. I had just saved and clod the file 5 mins prior to re-open to show to a colleague and i'm met constantly with the above error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create Spin Function

The spinning of a 3D object via on screen rotation has a lot of applications. Either via SIRV or in Premier Pro, one might wish to create a video clip of an object rotating under light. I have done one by making 90 individual renders, rotating the object 4 degrees each time. That's fine, but it means 90 times I've had to come back to the machine and ender new rotation, image name, and press render. There should be an option to set the object, the axis of rotation, and the number of increments within a circle, click 'go' and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Retain file name of image when it's imported

When importing image files the name is changed to a generic name. This is counter productive and inefficient as it relates to the 3D product creation.

It would be nice to have the imported file retain its naming convention.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy/Save/Import Camera positions for use across multiple Dimension files.

Hopefully it is already a feature, and I'm just a dummy.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. progress bar for render preview

it would be great to have a progress bar for preview render for slow machines.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base