Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't allow file open to Interrupt render

When many windows are open and rendering is happening to a file in the background it is too easy to interrupt the render by double clicking on a .dn file. Can you give an alert box to prevent interrupting the render in progress?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this observation, and I’m sorry for the render progresses you might have lost due to clicking on a Dn file.
    We will try to make sure there is a warning to let you know whenever a render might be interrupted. Thanks for the great feedback and let me know if you have any other issues!

2. Decals as smart objects when rendering to PSD files.

One of my client has multiple products with the same bottle but different labels. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice to explore having the decal of a rendered model become its own smart object when rendering to a PSD file. Switching the image in the smart object out for each new product as opposed to rendering the same products over and over with a different label would be a real time saver.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’d love to know here if rendering was faster would you prefer smart objects in Dimension so you can place the new graphics in 3D? The reason I ask is mostly because if we bake the materials and lighting down to 2D there’s a bit more limitation on what you could do with the PS smart object. For example replacing the packaging label wouldn’t update to show in reflections or refractions in the rest of the scene. Is that an okay limitation?

3. Label Selection Mask

Is it possible to add Label mask to Material Selection Masks layer within rendered psd?

Currently, a rendered psd has Material Selection Masks and Object Selection Masks layers. None of them display label mask if label is applied and rendered.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Turn workstation to the sleep mode after render is done

This would be really nice to have the ability to turn the workstation to the sleep mode after the rendering process is done.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ambient Occlusion

Please add two sliders for ambient occlusion, both size and intensity. The ability to add this to renderings of exterior building facades will make the renderings "pop".

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export environment image created from flat image

Option to export background panorama created from flat image. It is visible now is Environment Light slot (see attachment).

Based on documentation, Dimension uses Content Aware Tool known from Photoshop. It could be impemented in Photoshop as filter as well, as it is very useful feature for every designer working in 3D environment.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Redner Completed Phone/Text Alerts

It would be great if Dimension CC count notify my phone when a render is finished. with like a txt or an email or something....

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Color Management

Colormanagement inclusion would be nice

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export as webgl

Ability to render to webgl to incorporate into json.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Render progression in taskbar

I would like to see the render progression in the taskbar in Windows10.
    Kind of like in Premiere Pro.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Isometric view / render / setting

I would really love to be able to set up an isometric view :) (with and withouth dept of field) <3

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Render File Naming

UI:

The rendered file should take on the name of the native Dimension file by default.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Render and design at the same time

It would be nice to render while designing.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export decal as separate layer

HI! Great start on this application, could be amazing.
    Right off the bat, it's imperative to be able to export a label or decal separate from the object it's on. Would be a great feature - not so usable until thats there. Thanks!
    Mike

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Render Preview Settings

Have render preview SETTINGS, the live render times are really bad, especially on heavier materials such as glass.

If there could be like most 3D programs a setting for render previews like wireframes, or quarter and so on, this will speed up the updating proccess.

Thanks you

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SIBL layers

More flexibility and light control. Positioning is needed other than rotation.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Render Time Examples for Machine Types

My 5 year old Mac has been rendering for two hours and has done only 4% of a 2000 x 1200 pixels image with no more than 4 objects. Maybe an overview would be nice, showing supported machines with examples of render time, based on a simple lay-out in comparising with a complex lay-out

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a really interesting suggestion and something we’ve been considering. There are so many combinations of hardware that it’s hard to do a general overview. However, we are adding information about what types of things impact render times. The primary things are:

Hardware (CPU)
    Resolution
    Render Quality
    Translucent Materials

Also, effects like reflections or lots of objects bouncing light off each other, etc. There will definitely be more as we expand our features.

18. Export Videos

Once there is animation support it would be great to export in video.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pinch-Zoom

It would be really nice to be able to use a pinch-zoom feature on my mouse pad, much like I can in Illustrator and like-products.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make each object a new layer in PSD, instead all on just 1 single layer.

All objects on a canvas are rendered as one PSD layer only. This is not good, pardon me, but it can be annoying to work with the selection tool for each and every object and detail when wanting to change sth in Photoshop.

(I noticed there was this topic already, yet closed for insuffucient support, I can hardly imagine that there are only two people requesting it.)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think that one was closed because there was no description confirming that it was talking about layers in the PSD render. Your thoughts are much clearer! :)

This is something we’ve heard frequently actually and we are investigating.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base