Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow user to put the "Tool options" back in the "view control bar" above the canvas, please.

Dimension used to have the "Tool options" in a "view control bar" above the canvas. With an update, the "Tool options" was moved to a pop-out window attached to the toolbar.

PLEASE make an option for users to move the "Tool options" back to the "view control bar".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mutilple Object Selection Apply Decal To All

Would be nice to be able select multiple objects and apply the same decal to all at one time - multiple selection amd apply : )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion here! Should be pretty easy to do. I’m curious would you primarily be selecting different objects of different shapes and sizes or primarily duplicated similar objects?

If the object has multiple parts would you want us to put the decal on all selected parts?

3. Camera Lens options

I'm doing renders and wanting to emulate a 50mm Canon FD lens that I have in my kit. It occurred to me that Lightroom has all of the details on every one of these lenses AND the distortion/vignetting that those lenses apply to the image.

Proposal:

Add lens options to the camera feature to enable us to replicate existing lenses. This would include the option of adding lens distortions (this is especially valuable in renders with high-dof where rendered objects are out of focus and near the edge of the frame where barrel distortion would change how the focus appears) …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't allow file open to Interrupt render

When many windows are open and rendering is happening to a file in the background it is too easy to interrupt the render by double clicking on a .dn file. Can you give an alert box to prevent interrupting the render in progress?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this observation, and I’m sorry for the render progresses you might have lost due to clicking on a Dn file.
    We will try to make sure there is a warning to let you know whenever a render might be interrupted. Thanks for the great feedback and let me know if you have any other issues!

5. Is there any way to import your own custom color library?

I have a custom color library that I've created and I want to use it in combination with the materials Dimension provides. It would be great if I could choose a material and then just drag and drop my own colors on top of the material.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!
    Thanks so much for the suggestion. We are very interested in supporting color in Dimension.
    Could you tell us more about your workflow? Where do you usually get your color swatches? Do you use ASE files or cloud libraries or something else?

6. Height Map Input

We already have Normal Map, Roughness, and Metallic. The addition of a Height Map input would be great to add more detail and make more realistic / defined materials. With just the Normal Map input it feels restricting on the level of detail for material textures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make import textures easier to find

ability to add textures without having to sign into libriries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For applying to a material channel, you can double click the material to edit it, open the image for the channel (such as color, roughness) then use the file browser folder icon to browse for an image. We can certainly find a way for this to be more upleveled!

8. Facebook 3D photos - PLEASE!

I do a lot of product photos, would love to be able to generate what is needed to make the new Facebook 3D photos.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Render transparent PNG's

Hi Guys,

I used to be able to export a model with a transparent background by going into design mode, going into environment settings and unchecking the background layer. But that does not seem to be the case anymore.
    Another thread contained a message from about 8 days ago that has a similar problem: https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559-adobe-dimension-feature-requests/suggestions/17420401-final-render-transparency .
    The model now exports with a background, irrespective of the settings that I give it.

Hoping to hear from you soon, and thank you for a great product.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Embed Published 3D Scene in Behance/Adobe Portfolio

It would be fantastic to be able to embed a Published 3D Scene into Behance and Adobe Portfolio, so that besides the static rendered images or product photos, potential clients visiting my profile/site would be able to see my designs from all angles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion! Have you tried the publish to web button we have on the top right corner? Would be great to hear what you think about it.
    We do not yet have a way to embed our content into websites and definitely looking into it.

11. save environment

Provide the ability to save the environment as a template so it can be reused with many different models. For example, if we want to use it to render product photos, so they all have a consistent presentation (lighting, materials, etc.).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the idea! We’re evaluating saving many things. We’re starting with saving models and materials, but may include full templated scenes later. For the moment I’d recommend saving your .dn scenes itself then you can import a new object.

12. Decals as smart objects when rendering to PSD files.

One of my client has multiple products with the same bottle but different labels. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice to explore having the decal of a rendered model become its own smart object when rendering to a PSD file. Switching the image in the smart object out for each new product as opposed to rendering the same products over and over with a different label would be a real time saver.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’d love to know here if rendering was faster would you prefer smart objects in Dimension so you can place the new graphics in 3D? The reason I ask is mostly because if we bake the materials and lighting down to 2D there’s a bit more limitation on what you could do with the PS smart object. For example replacing the packaging label wouldn’t update to show in reflections or refractions in the rest of the scene. Is that an okay limitation?

13. Switch canvas orientation with a single button

As per photoshop you can swap the canvas orientation with a single arrow button ( between W and H )and not have to retype measurments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Curious how often you use this. Is it just to quickly get to landscape/portrait or do you often want the exact same resolution just oriented differently? Photoshop definitely does a lot more image setup, so not sure how important this will be in Dimension for the larger crowd, but curious to hear peoples thoughts!

14. Books & Magazines as Starter Models

It would be useful to add books, magazines, and brochures to the list of the starter models.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe XD Integration

Is it possible to integrate it with XD files? It would be very useful to make some Iphone X mockup using images from my Adobe XD.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Metal edge reflectance

Dimensions would benefit from proper edge reflectance for metals. Right now once something is fully metallic, the reflection color is uniform without regard to incidence angle. But that's now how metals are in the real world, the metal's color shifts to a desaturated version of the primary color. This is something many applications do. the edge reflectance follows the fresnel equation with something like 1.3 IOR for curve shape. Without this metals look flat and incorrect to the eye of someone who does 3D work and knows about this physical property.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to increase canvas size without changing the image size.

Would like the ability to increase canvas size without changing the image size such as ability in Ps. Often wish to continue the environment outside of the background image and currently this is not possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Retain image size and ratio when dropping it onto a model

When you drop an image on your model, the image is squished/stretched, and then you must eyeball it to make it look right.

I wish there was a way to retain the original image size, EVEN whil you adjust the size of the model.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Smart Objects

Texture smart objects. Updating the file automatically updates the texture in Dimensions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base