Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scale In captured materials with "CaptureCC"

This post should also take place in CaptureCC.

It should be fine if we can gige a "real scale" to a captured material in order to apply it "realistically"

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Place Screen Designs on Devices

Make a simple out of the box route to rendering a laptop with a screenshot on it

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AxF - Appearance Exchange Format Support

Axf support. Would like to see Appearance Transfer File support.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion! I’m only loosely familiar with AxF. I’m curious to know your pipeline, what other tools are you using? Why, for your workflow, and in your words, would this be important to support? More details help stimulate the conversation and get votes for those who might not be familiar with the AxF format and helps the product team understand your needs.

4. Ability to slice an object with a plane

For instance, I'd like to take a sphere and chop it in half (hemisphere) or possibly slice some other object at a particular angle.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Video Motion Tracking

Camera Tracking with video support.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. dragging pics from desktop

When dragging a pic from the Finder, for example, PF could ask the user how to use the image. The current version just uses it as background image and that's that. What if I want to use it as texture for an object?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Placing Video Files as Textures

Add ability to export video format files will allow to use video files as textures.

The idea is: allow to cover objects with video textures and make them dynamic.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sharing

Is there any way to share directly from the Render screen, or poast rendering rather. I thin that might be a nice to have rather than saving it out and then having to share it from somewhere else seperately.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shortcuts window

A pop-up window you can activate by views (that you can pin on top) that has the shortcuts listed. Makes it easier rather than having to hover over the tools each time. Will save me having various bits of paper and guides all over the place :)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. layer comps

This was already mentioned in the forum but a turn-on, turn-off eyeball feature is essential, especially for the product shots i'm trying to render which has customizable features that I need ot show multiple versions of.

It would also be an incredible too to have 'actions' and essentially the equivalent to 'layer comps' avaiable to allow setting up multiple verions and running renders overnight.

Is any of this in the works? Esepcially the eyeball feature mentioned back in December by another user?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes. :) We’re tryign to be pretty open about what we’re working on so all of the ideas here have statuses.
    Gathering Feedback: We’re not sure
    Planned: We’ve added it to our backlog and plan to do it
    Started: W e’re actively working on it
    The other suggestion for object visibility toggles (Eyeball) is marked as started and is targeted for our next release (though I never promise since you don’t know what will blow up during development cycles, hehe). There’s another suggestion for having a render queue for multiple renders that is also something we have planned eventually.
    The part that I’d say is still undefined is the Layer Comps idea. We’ve been considering something like that but haven’t made any commitments to it yet. I’ll rename this suggestion to Layer Comps we can use this discussion area to track it. I’d love to know more details about how/when/why…

11. Pattern material is not seamless

I am not familiar with 3D enough to know if this is possible or not, but when applying material that has a pattern to, for instance, a sphere, there is an obvious seam in the pattern on the circumference of the sphere, giving the effect of a separate material on each half of the sphere. A way to eliminate that seam would be nice.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an interesting topic but it’s not something I have an easy answer for. The seams are caused by… well seams. ;) In order to put an image onto a 3D model the model is essentially cut up and flatted into 2D image space. The seams you’re seeing are the places that the 3D model have been sliced in order to lay it out flat.

There are some other ways to cut the model to reduce the amount of visible seams or ‘fake’ the seamless-ness across the seam. I don’t really have an answer on what we’re doing here yet, but it’s a great topic and I’d love some more feedback on this from what you might expect.

For example:
    - Do you want control on where those seams are placed?
    - Is it most important to you that there be no seams or that the image be very…

12. Feedback on Loading Progress

It would be a good idea to have feedback on the progress of loading a model into Felix. It's been 30 min and there is no sign of this OBJ asset being ready to edit.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. grid toggle - scale settings

I would like to toggle the Grid on/off and set the scale of the grid ( metric/inches/feet/etc..)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. This should be a Windows 10 UWP app like Adobe XD.

This should be a Windows 10 UWP app like Adobe XD.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3D Path / Curve Support

3D paths / curves (splines that curve in 3D space - not flat vector shapes)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Is there any way to import your own custom color library?

I have a custom color library that I've created and I want to use it in combination with the materials Dimension provides. It would be great if I could choose a material and then just drag and drop my own colors on top of the material.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!
    Thanks so much for the suggestion. We are very interested in supporting color in Dimension.
    Could you tell us more about your workflow? Where do you usually get your color swatches? Do you use ASE files or cloud libraries or something else?

17. Ability to increase canvas size without changing the image size.

Would like the ability to increase canvas size without changing the image size such as ability in Ps. Often wish to continue the environment outside of the background image and currently this is not possible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Retain image size and ratio when dropping it onto a model

When you drop an image on your model, the image is squished/stretched, and then you must eyeball it to make it look right.

I wish there was a way to retain the original image size, EVEN whil you adjust the size of the model.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Find Similar" search option

add a "find similar" button or option to models, testures etc. and have it link to adobe stock to make it quicker to find assets for substitution

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base