Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to prevent intersecting models

It would be helpful to have some sort of button that, when ON, would prevent any models from intersecting with other models while working on a composition. While this option is on, if I try to move 2 objects so close together that they intersect, this would be prevented, and the movement would be stopped. In other words, the models would behave like solid objects in the real world. Then, when the option is turned off, I'd be able to position a model to pierce the surface of another model as DN currently allows.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is definitely something we’ve chatted about, but not actively working on yet. Snapping, collision, and physics are all ways to approach this area, and all things we’re discussing. I’ll update if/when we move forward on one!

2. Texturing support from Daz, marvelous and unity obj files

I'd love to see better texture support coming from DAZ, Unity, Marvelous Designer. Support for a zipped file set would be awesome. 7-zip is a great place to start for that, as they maintain their repository of developer source rather well. I've seen a lot of software implement 7-zip as a backend zip access. Baking in textures and such is very important in compositing.

My purposes:
    I do theatre work, and shoot artistic nature photos as a hobby. Both have benefited from your software suite immensely. It's so easy to understand in most instances. Dimension's basic features have helped in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to increase canvas size without changing the image size.

Would like the ability to increase canvas size without changing the image size such as ability in Ps. Often wish to continue the environment outside of the background image and currently this is not possible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Retain image size and ratio when dropping it onto a model

When you drop an image on your model, the image is squished/stretched, and then you must eyeball it to make it look right.

I wish there was a way to retain the original image size, EVEN whil you adjust the size of the model.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add lighting bookmarks

I just have a scene with several possible lightings, so I have to change lighting, render, change lighting, render ... and so on.
    I know I could save every scene in a seperate file but it would be much easier to handle if it would work with a bookmark like the one for the camera ...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lighting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Find Similar" search option

add a "find similar" button or option to models, testures etc. and have it link to adobe stock to make it quicker to find assets for substitution

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Background Animation

Can you add animation in the background, like a cinemagraph?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Importing Hair (blender)

Are there any plans for importing hair into DimnensionCC?
    Blender, Cinema 4D, Zbrush all have strong hair generaters(creators)... but the hair doesn't import into adobe programs (unless it's sculpted from an object).
    Maybe support importing objects with Hair on them for rendering?

Fuse has hair models but they're not too good when compared to what these other programs can generate. They fall short for hyper-realism, and customizing the hair is complicated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Find and Replace Colors

It would be awesome to add a feature where if you have a common color in the object, you can select the same color and change it to another color, like a find and replace color.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Vertical Rotation for Image Lights

Bitmap used as a light source can be rotated just horizontally. Is it possible to rotate it vertically as well

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Lighting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export the 2D Graphic/Image of Model to PSD

Great app for presentation, but it would be really useful, for me and many people I know at least, to output the graphic component only in flat PSD file for print production. Currently, I use the 3D features in PSD such as UV texture for print needs. But many people can't wrap their heads around the concept of UV mapping. Dimension already makes it easy to design for the layman, if the app removes technical barrier going from 3D to 2D, I'm certain it'd become a valuable tool in the print industry.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Control zoom speed with Shift key

Let us hold down Shift while scrolling to zoom faster.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. bones for models in Felix

Bones for movement of limbs and head, for realistic gestures and movement.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SIBL layers

More flexibility and light control. Positioning is needed other than rotation.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Isolation mode ala Illustrator

How about isolation mode like illustrator for dealing with complex grouped objects? The wand tool is a bit clunky.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include Background with Zoom

Zoom option needs tinkering - I gather there are two sets of zoom included so far: 1. background settings 2. objects grid zoom. I'd like zoom to have an option to include background within zooming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Apply Text on Material

Two, a field where we could input text onto a portion of the model, above the material, or as a layer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. IOR Maps

One, I would like the ability to import Index of Reflection Maps. currently can only give it a numerical value, however, the 3d paint program I use will give me an IOR map.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for Wacom & Other Drawing Tablets

Wacom tablet drives sliders crazy, like the altitude or rotation points go to crazy huge values which I don't have using a 1/0 click device like the trackpad or mouse.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base