Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Photogrammetry Support

photogrammetry software like" Photomodeler", "Agisoft PhotoScan" and "Acute3D" were still not making the 3Dmodel from multicamera positions as accurate and with high resolution as I needed it to be.
    Perhaps Adobe can make a difference ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparisonofphotogrammetry_software
    I am using 9 Nikon D800 camera's to do lenticular, timefreeze and 3D modeling . No accurate and easy software ( affordable and powerfull ) software yet tried that meets demands.
    Currently using twitter Pro in After Affects for inter-camera calculations. A 3D model instead of rotoscoping front from background would be helpful too to get AE and Twixtor Pro working…

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3D Painting link between Felix & Ps

Adobe could really take Felix to the next level, by adding the ability to paint on a mesh with UV's in Photoshop and communicate with Felix, by painting diffuse, spec, normal map then render within Felix send it back to Photoshop for the composite.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion. You can currently do 3D painting in Photoshop and then export the model as an .obj file so I think the key here with this request is to have a more live-linked experience. Could you talk more about what you’d want there?

3. Live Updating Material Thumbnails

After changing the properties of a material the thumbnail in the document doesn't change to reflect the new colors or look.

Also, after loading a model or saving and reloading the Felix .asd file the thumbnails all turn into "?" icons.

Building a way for the application to show live thumbnails of the current materials instead of a static picture will help with these issues!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Metal edge reflectance

Dimensions would benefit from proper edge reflectance for metals. Right now once something is fully metallic, the reflection color is uniform without regard to incidence angle. But that's now how metals are in the real world, the metal's color shifts to a desaturated version of the primary color. This is something many applications do. the edge reflectance follows the fresnel equation with something like 1.3 IOR for curve shape. Without this metals look flat and incorrect to the eye of someone who does 3D work and knows about this physical property.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. embed into inDesign

Allow Felix 3D models to embed into inDesign for .epub output!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. export to cubic VR

It would be amazing to be able to import skybox cubic background images and also export flattened cubic images from your final scene.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. render to EXR - render passes

It would very good to have the option to render to EXR with multiple passes. Compositing in this way gives a great deal of flexibility in post over the reflections, color, light /shadows, specularity, transparency..

It would also be very interesting to see the render output directly linked to Photoshop, premiere/ aftereffects.

In other applications rendering is not linked to the post processing tools - which makes it much slower to update layers and much less likely that re-rendering or additional changes will happen in the retracing tool.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Importing Gif and exporting Gif animations

We can add creative feature and allow to place or use as materials GIF files (Gif animations) ...also exporting them as Gif Animation

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adobe XD Integration

Is it possible to integrate it with XD files? It would be very useful to make some Iphone X mockup using images from my Adobe XD.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cinema 4D plugin

Add cinéma 4D plugin like after effect

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pivoting

Can we can we add additional pivot points? Like bottom left, top right, etc.?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multitouch Trackpad Supoort

Trackpad (MacBook, Magic Trackpad) Support for paning around with two fingers and rotating with two-fingers-gestures.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a label to an invisible object

It would be great to be able to add a label to an object that can become invisible when you are creating packaging for an object that exists in a background photo with contents that you need to show, i.e. a glass jar.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. import glTF/glb files

Could it be possible to the support of glTF/glb format in the list?

I guess that this new file format will become the next 'JPEG" for 3D.
    It's already supported natively on Windows 10 and will become one of the favorite format to be able to be imported in Office365.

So editing thes files in Dimension could be mandatory soon or later

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. beveled or carved edges for art

it would be awesome if we can create beveled/embossed letters for signage. especially letters carved into a surface with a v-cut (like in roman carved letters).

it doesn't even need to be a live text tool, just enable the software to use vector art for 3d art, and we will create the vector in iilustrator and import it to the library.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export/Import Cameras

Export camera to fbx feature please!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Animate Between View Bookmarks

Animation between bookmarks with ease-in / ease-out animation control and video output. I'm using SketchUp to create my modles and output video clips but that isn't what SketchUp is intended for so they aren't listening to my requests.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve Import for .mtl Materials

I just started digging around in Project Felix and it is kind of a huge time safer for me, as I often have to put 3D Models into pictures for clients, also for animating them further in AE and in Cinema 4D this takes a lot of time - BUT I often get the 3D models with an .mtl Material or just a Cinema 4D file.

It would be great to be able to import those models with their materials right into Project Felix.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! We actually already do this (to some degree)!

If you have an .obj with an .mtl and associated textures Felix will read it and import the textures along with the file. However, there are definitely some bugs with this, we haven’t caught all the cases by any means. We do a conversion into our own material system, so the materials aren’t a direct 1-1.

What would be great is if you can submit a ticket with your file for testing. The more use cases we have, the better we can explore and fix all the cases from different programs. It would be for testing only, not distributed or used in any way. If not possible, that’s okay too, we’re working on it, but examples help!

19. Auto Link Textures to CC Libraries

When importing an already textured 3D object, Felix should automatically duplicate texture files into the user's CC library of choice and automatically link the textures with the Felix file

This is so that textures that have already been applied need not be set up again in Felix.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Flip Normal Directions

I tried to import an object made of Autodesk Fusion 360 and been transformed into OBJ through Autodesk 360.
    When I apply a material like wood in rendering the object appears completely black.
    I think the problem is related to the direction of the normal ... would be useful under felix have a command to invert the normal.

Another problem: there is the ability to scale the textures?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base