Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPU Rendering

Would be nice to use this with external GPU. My 2015 MBP with AMD Radeon is running fans so loud, it is hard to listen. And the speed of rendering is pretty slow.

Otherwise I definitely love the idea of 3D app for designers inclouded in CC. Just as handy, as Adobe Muse. Can't wait to see next versions.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

135 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! Today we announced the release of a new app – Adobe Substance 3D Stager.

Stager builds on the foundation of Dimension but has a completely reworked infrastructure and is built for pro audiences.

Stager incorporates Adobe Mercury Rendering Engine – with an entire new GPU backend for Vulkan APIs that is hardware agnostic. While the first release remains GPU rendering for NVIDIA cards only we are working with AMD for GPU support as well.

You can find more information about Stager here:
    https://www.adobe.com/products/substance3d-stager.html

2. Custom 3D Light Objects (Spot, Point, Area)

Lighting in Project Felix is currently handled through the Environment and Sunlight objects. Custom light objects would allow studio setups, with area lights that can be positioned, sized, rotated, colored, and set at varying intensities.

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Lighting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import CAD formats (IGES, STEP, SAT, SMT etc)

These would be VERY helpful for those of us working in a Engineering Department. Engineers create models and we Technical Illustrators would love to make use of those models. Right now our option is a VERY EXPENSIVE Keyshot program. Bu we already have Adobe CC so it would be a great fit! So, PLEASE add support for at least these. Then later we'll bug you about native support for popular Solid Modeling Programs like SolidWorks and SolidEdge.

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! Today we announced the release of a new app – Adobe Substance 3D Stager.

Stager builds on the foundation of Dimension but has a completely reworked infrastructure and is built for pro audiences.

Stager includes support for CAD import including dozens of new formats, the full list can be found in the Stager documentation:
    https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sg/import-export-formats-213060294.html

CAD Import is only available for those with the Enterprise version of the Substance 3D Collection plan. More information on this plan is available here:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/enterprise/substance3D.html

4. Combine/Subtract Models (Booleans/Pathfinder)

Booleans are the 3D equivalent of pathfinder, allowing you to take two shapes and combine or subtract their volumes from each other. For example, taking a cube then using a cylinder to 'cut' a hole through the cube.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Apple Silicon (Mac M1) Support

In 2020 Apple announced that they would be transitioning to their custom silicon for Mac devices.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/06/apple-announces-mac-transition-to-apple-silicon/

Adobe Dimension should run on these devices.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the announcement of the new Substance 3D Collection, I’m happy to be able to provide more insight into the plans for the future again. 

The team has been hard at work building Adobe Substance 3D Stager – which is an evolution on the concept of Dimension as a professional grade staging application with new depth and workflow possibilities.

At the moment neither Dimension nor Stager run on Apple Silicon M1 devices. 

We sincerely apologize for the impact to your work thus far or for those who have been unable to try these tools.  With Stager now released, getting emulation mode running as soon as possible a top priority.

We will be prioritizing investigations for M1 emulation in Stager first.  Support for Dimension is an unknown at this time.

I will provide updates as this topic moves forward.

6. Liquid Creation

When importing 3d models such as bottles, it would be nice if Adobe Dimension could add a liquid fill feature so that the bottle can represent a real beverage or condiment product.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More book/magazine models, more paper materials

As a graphic designer and illustrator wanting to create mostly mockups of books, picture books and magazines it would be extremely helpful to have more models (all of them have to many pages for picture books) and more paper-like materials to choose from. I haven't found a slightly rough paper structure (cardboard paper is too rough, glossy paper is too glossy) yet, yet this is a material that I'd probably use all the time.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Preset Camera Views

Snap to views: front, side back, bottom.

Allow to choose object relative to snap view too as well.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More Precision and Placement Options for Decals

A way to fix UV mapping or the ability to choose specific faces to apply decals to. I'm working with complex shapes and decals are currently not cooperating with me

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! In our next release we’ve added automatic UV generation and error fixing so if you have a model with no UVs or that we detect UV errors you’ll get a prompt to resolve the issue.

This process is currently fully automatic and we are not yet adding manual UV mapping and controls. Once the new feature is out we’ll continue to evaluate providing manual custom UV controls.

10. Folding and Special Printing Effects

Can we have special printing effects simulated over the packaging designs - like UV, Foil, Embossing.... it would be excellent!

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Background Layer Controls (position, rotate, scale)

Currently the background image is simply projected as is with some basic controls for choosing between scale modes (crop, fit, or scale). Controls would allow you to position, rotate, and scale the background image freely in relation to the camera.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create 3d .pdf files

I would like to be able to create 3d .pdf files so I can show my clients interactive 3d models.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Isometric view / render / setting

I would really love to be able to set up an isometric view :) (with and withouth dept of field) <3

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Displacement / Height map support

Would love the addition of Displacement maps so we can get some added details out of certain models. Would add a lot of realism for an otherwise flat world of extras beside normals.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Stager includes a new material model that provides a ton of new controls including displacement and tessellation.

In addition Stager’s material model supports sheen, clear coat, anisotropy, subsurface scattering, dispersion, and much more!

15. Render Round Corners

I could be valuable to add "Round Corners" feature to the render engine.
    If it really Vray under Felix, I guess that this feature already exist, and it could be cool to expose it in Felix.

The goal is to give more realism to basic shapes (lighter models) and to go faster...

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Render Selected area.

Render just a selection.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Can I ask for a bit more detail? Would you want to define an area of the screen and have that keep rendering even if you change your camera? Or just like a quick “Show me this area” then it goes away?

17. Reflect/Mirror/Flip 3d Object

I need ability to duplicate and relection 3d element. Right now if we duplicate 3d stuff on the left and want it the same look and position on the right - reflected look. It is impossible to get the look using rotation orbit.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Background Rendering

Ideally I would like to be able to work and render at the same time. So consider have a separate tab or window for the render. This way I can render high quality in the background, while working on a new model, scene, etc in the foreground.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cloud Rendering

option to process final renders in the 'cloud', render images on external servers not on local machine. this would be a dream for all those not carrying around monster laptops or able to waste hours watching pixels grow.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of January 11, 2021, Cloud Rendering (beta) has been removed from Dimension.

Thank you for all who participated in using the beta during this time and for the exceptional feedback provided to the team! We are continuing to develop our rendering solutions including in-app, cloud, and automation offerings and you can expect more rendering news in future releases.

20. Layered Material

When creating more complex materials, one of the most important things that I'm missing is a layered material, that we can blend different materials on top of another using masks or blend values like we have in VRayBlendMtl: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Blend+Material+%7C+VRayBlendMtl

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base