Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 101 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! We released Dimension 1.1 today with some great new features (you can read more here: https://www.adobe.com/products/dimension/features.html). I figure a lot of people will be wondering where multiple decals is so I wanted to give a status update!

Unfortunately we weren’t able to get that work in for this release but we’re starting on some great enhancements to the whole material system which includes additional decal/graphic layering, material and placement control for graphics, and more. I’ll announce here when we have something ready for prerelease in a few months!

• More 3D formats

Dimension CC must have more than one import file, not only OBJ, it must have STL, IGS ... Because if the 3D modeling programs that any user uses, do not export in OBJ, we will never work with Dimension CC because it limits our work

43 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that we’ve started work on supporting more file formats. We won’t be able to address all of them at the same time. Our initial new formats we’re looking to support will be:

.fbx
        .step
        .iges
        .stl

When these are available on prerelease I will post an update here with an invitation for you to come try it out! Thank you for the feedback!

• .igs/.iges, .sat, .smt and .stp/.step

These would be VERY helpful for those of us working in a Engineering Department. Engineers create models and we Technical Illustrators would love to make use of those models. Right now our option is a VERY EXPENSIVE Keyshot program. Bu we already have Adobe CC so it would be a great fit! So, PLEASE add support for at least these. Then later we'll bug you about native support for popular Solid Modeling Programs like SolidWorks and SolidEdge.

40 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that we’ve started work on supporting more file formats. We won’t be able to address all of them at the same time. Our initial new formats we’re looking to support will be:

.fbx
          .step
          .iges
          .stl

When these are available on prerelease I will post an update here with an invitation for you to come try it out! Thank you for the feedback!

• Import .stp STEP files

Dimension would be much more useful if it could import standard cad formats such as .stp files.

29 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

.fbx
            .step
            .iges
            .stl

• Import CAD files

Import CAD files please!

39 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

.fbx
              .step
              .iges
              .stl

• Faster Rendering

Render times are slow, not usable.

Render times are way to slow. If I render a simluaur scene in Cinema 4D, it takes only 1,5 - 2 minutes instead of forever...

21 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We released Dimension 1.1 today which has some great performance boosts. Scenes now render an average of 20% faster. In our tests the actual increase was up to 67% faster but the gain is variable for the complexity of the scene and the quality of the render.

However, we’re not done and will continue to optimize performance, especially for rendering times. Please enjoy the increase and look forward to more!

• 2D Camera Controls with Background Scene

I can understand the camera controls being 3D when there is no 2D scene in the background. However, once I have put in the 2D scene, it is infuriating to have my horizon misaligned when I meant to zoom in to the actual image, and not in 3D.

It would be great if there were an option, once a scene is in place, to have the "camera" stop being a 3D camera, and turn into a photoshop-like viewport, where I can literally zoom in and out of the entire image, without moving the 3D objects relative to the scene.

31 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! We’ve made some great work on having 2D controls for the canvas including pan/zoom, view at actual pixels and fit to screen, and the lovely + – zoom key functionality. This work is in a beta mode but you can test it on our prerelease here and we plan to incorporate it into a future public release

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/6D4BC437-A571-40B6-B398-1D29A4A13985/participate/EE7FF961-5A3B-4D0B-A32C-46DDC0FDDA0E

• Cloud Rendering

option to process final renders in the 'cloud', render images on external servers not on local machine. this would be a dream for all those not carrying around monster laptops or able to waste hours watching pixels grow.

16 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • .fbx file import capability

I like the idea of using this application to create quick conceptuals from rough block outs of geometry from an outside 3D program. Throw on some shaders, quick HDRI from selection and render. Not sure if we can import custom obj or fbx from outside 3D programs such as Maya? Very limited if we can only use adobe stock.

Also would like to know how to delete materials from the document panel.
                    Just don't like seeing materials stack up if they aren't being used like useless junk layers.

Nifty idea here though if further refined! Hope it can use it…

14 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

.fbx
                      .step
                      .iges
                      .stl

• Export 3D Objects

I'm sure you hear this a lot, but it would be great to have the ability to export objects in .C4D and .FBX file formats to be able to bring them into programs like After Effects and directly into Photoshop.

43 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Import Solidworks 3D File Formats

In my company, product designers usually render from Solidworks, and we have to wait for product samples to complete ad photography.

I was hoping Felix could cut out the middle man, but today I found out that Felix supports no file types Solidworks can export. It kind of defeats the purpose of the program for my role.

If we could support any of these file types (obviously excluding PS, PDF's, and JPEGS). We want this specifically to take prototype models to photography level.

49 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that we’ve started work on supporting more file formats. This idea/forum is very large (all Solidworks 3D File Formats) so we won’t be able to address all of them at the same time. Our initial new formats we’re looking to support will be:

.fbx
                          .step
                          .iges
                          .stl

• Queue Multiple Renders

It would be great to have a way to queue up more than one render if you need more than one angle of a product (I do, often). This way you can set a computer to do all the renderings you need and not having to touch it until its done working.

49 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • glTF glB export

GiFT format and this format can become popular soon.

having feature to export Gift from Felix can be a big challenge.

glTF - Runtime 3D Asset Delivery
                            glTF™ 1.0 (GL Transmission Format) is a royalty-free specification for the efficient transmission and loading of 3D scenes and models by applications. glTF minimizes both the size of 3D assets, and the runtime processing needed to unpack and use those assets. glTF defines an extensible, common publishing format for 3D content tools and services that streamlines authoring workflows and enables interoperable use of content across the industry.

7 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base