Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recover Overwritten Files

Unfortunately i've overwritten a .dn file. :,(
    It would be great if there is an opportunity to reset to default.

I also miss the option to add custom lights.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear about your overwrite! :( Unfortunately if you’ve manually chosen to overwrite a file there’s not too much we can do about it besides provide the first warning as we do currently.

We could do something like an auto-save where we keep a few copies of your document over time so you could at least jump back to the last one we had, but usually auto-save is not unique per document so you’d have a limited window to get your file back, likely.

I’m going to mark this idea as not planned since it’s not really something we can do, but auto-save is something we’re considering.

• Add Fuse to Dimension

Are there any plans to make Adobe Fuse a part of Adobe Dimension?

thank you

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At this time we do not plan to make Fuse part of Dimension. Fuse will remain it’s own application dedicated to building 3D characters while Dimension is about creating and rendering scenes. In the future we may plan for more integrations between the applications.

• Sliders for Position/Scale/Rotate

Sliders for object properties like position scale and rotation would be easier than entering numberical values sometimes. I've been having trouble grabbing the object with the mouse without grabbing other objects by mistake.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Having slider interfaces for some numbers is difficult because there is no limitation on the scene size. We can’t really have a slider from 0-100, for example, because your XYZ positions might be 10,000 depending on how the scene was made.

However, you can click and drag on the label for numerical inputs to treat them like sliders. IE, for position click on the “X” label then drag to slide the object on the X axis.

• Project Felix for Windows 8.1

I would like to know if adobe plans on making File available for windows 8.1

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Windows 7.

Original Comment: Add support for Windows 7. Otherwise, I have your application in a coffin seen as Windows 10. Do it will not use, you lose users.

---

Edited by Moderator: Community is English only.

6 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Just wanted to follow up on a few comments here:

Adobe believes strongly in supporting cross platform and cross device workflows and we strive to be inclusive for multiple OS types and versions. As a company we are pushing to standardize support for all applications on multiple devices and OS but there is no guarantee that as a Creative Cloud member you will have equal access to all applications.

Development of new applications in particular (Project or Beta type applications) is more likely to be limited than a ‘full’ app.

For Project Felix in particular, we are using technology that does not work on Windows 7. We made the choice to support only Windows 10 as it allowed us to take advantage of newer technologies.

Windows 8 and 8.1 are possible to be supported, but are not a priority at this time as the usage numbers are very…

• Build into current Adobe Apps - Not as Standalone

Keep at it - but until you can compete with more serious 3D applications, you might want to pull this and hand it back to R&D.

I choose to view this experiment as a tech demo of new features that will be incorporated into Adobe's existing product lines. As a new feature in After Effects, this would be a great direction in which to explore, but as a stand-alone application it just doesn't hold up to what I have come to expect from Adobe.

I'm left struggling to figure out who would ever use this app. When I need to…

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Medium-small preview window at the corner

Faster Render times and a more accruate veiw. Maybe a

0 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Import Image from URL

In the background there should be an option to fetch the image directly from web as an Url. USer has to leave the app to get this done

0 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base