Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically adjust the texture to the object

Hi jeannette,
    I work a lot with Dimension and what we can do with this program is fantastic!
    https://www.behance.net/emmanuelpepin
    Now I go further in the creative possibilities and I wish create my own materials. But it's really hard to adjust the size and orientation of a homemade texture to the face of an object. The offset, angle and zoom are never the same from one object to another.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion (and sharing your work). Just to be clear I understand the request you’d like to set up tiling/rotation etc. of a texture on one model, then when you use it on another model have it be effectively the same size on the screen?

Would that mean if the objects are different scale that the texture automatically sizes up or down for the model to maintain a consistent visual pattern?

2. cross section

Is there any plans to include cross section feature? that can be very helpful to built empty boxes from any object.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!
    Thanks so much for your feedback, and for using Dimension!
    Cross section of 3D models seems like a great idea to visualize complex objects/interiors and assign materials to them.
    I’d love to understand more about your idea of using cross sections. Could you give some examples of how you would use this feature?

3. Wasting too much time

I wasted over 24 hours on a render. There NEEDS to be more information on the render status and process.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Qued Rendering

Qued rendering/animation

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock camera position

Lock camera position to prevent scaling or panning when making small adjustments to the final scene

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more info  ·  4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AI files (layer visibility Management)

placing AI file with Artboard Selection is really great feature, but to go a little further managing "layer" visibility should be a must (or something like "layer composition" you have in Photoshop)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. UV Map Editing or UV Map included

3D Models should come with UV Map for easy artwork creation.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. layers

Having the ability to have layers, and assign objects per layers, would be great!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! I’d like to understand more what functionality you’d expect from ‘layers’ in the context of a 3D scene.

Would you expect to use this primarily for organization, or would it actually behave as layers do in 2D apps where top layers would always render over back laters, regardless of 3D positioning?

I’d also love to know why you’re looking for layers specifically as opposed to what we have today. What are you trying to do you can’t achieve?

9. Decimal point on decal scale

Please make it possible to use the decimal point on the scale of the decal.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Renders cancelling without any alert

I've tried 4 renders tonight and each onw has gotten some way along only for it to self cancel with no alert that it is doing that!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m so sorry to hear about the issue here. Can you provide a bit more detail when you say it ‘self cancels’? What are you seeing in the interface?

Can you also let me know which version of the Dimension application you’re using (you can check in the About menu item)? Finally, can you let me know what render settings you’re using? Is it high quality or low? Local or cloud?

Thank you for any additional information!

11. Object's faces management

Better management of the diffectent faces of an object and have the same options of the propertu tab as those of the object (material,color, opacity,...)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Could you tell us more about what you would like to manage with object faces?

With respect to properties, color, opacity, etc are properties that are related to the material that is applied to the object. So you can access them by double clicking on the face whose material you want to edit.

Did you want something more specific? Let us know!

12. Attach Hide/Unhide object parameter to Camera Bookmarks

I've had at least three instances of this since 2.0, where I set Camera Bookmarks, but cannot change what objects stay hidden or unhidden for each bookmark.

A few months ago had a collection of handles that I needed to render, and add to hide/unhide each model of handle everytime I finished a batch of renders. Had to wake up at morning every hour and a half just to get all the renders done.

Right now I have three sets of renders to do of a dressing trable.
    One set is currently being done with 8 renders in queue.
    Then…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

This is an interesting idea, and while it seems to be specific to hide/unhide objects, I think this can also be solved by having the ability to have multiple scenes open in Dimension. I know it is not as elegant as the method you suggested, but something that is under review :
    https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559-adobe-dimension-feature-requests/suggestions/19685461-multiple-documents-or-scenes-open

Let me know if that would work for you, and why/why not.

13. Type

Type

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. star like fire

I wanted to show a reflection of the star and the splash as fire but did not know how to blend them well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lighting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. should allow zoom out

The render preview window should allow you to zoom out!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! The render preview window corresponds to the view on your current 3D viewer. So zooming in and out on the canvas will reflect on the preview window. Is there a specific reason you want to only zoom out on the preview window? Would love to know more about it!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base