Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Install Beta Project Felix Version

let me reinstall Project Felix! My PC can't run dimension cc.. and after i updated it i can't work anymore..
    Ps. it's impossible contact your support service

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we will allow previous versions of Dimension (once we have more versions allowed) this will not include Project Felix. Felix was a beta and for many reasons we cannot make it available again.

1. The name was a temporary name we only had rights to for a certain amount of time.
      2. The CC Applications are designed to constantly be updated so to prevent support for older machines from taking resources we will only support previous versions for one year.
      3. Beta applications are often going through large architectural changes. In this case, Project Felix changed too much for us to support it actively.

• replace decal

Is there a way to repace a "decal" at the same position and size? I need to make a bunch of packages, all the same size, but with different flavours.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Renders take way too long

Renders take way too long. Even set at low quality, the very basic scene I designed was taking over 5 hours to render. This is useless for getting anything done in the real world.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately rendering is incredibly hardware based. One computer might render a scene in 30 seconds and another may take 10 hours, even on the same scene. We are investigating options for different rendering settings and alternatives to rendering on your own machine, but it is not possible to make all rendering the same speed on all machines.

• Adobe Standard UI elements

How about making this title like other Adobe titles with respect to the interface? I'm talking about little things like space bar for hand tool, modifier keys to make the move tool do other stuff, things like that. I was disappointed when I hit "Command +" and didn't get any zooming. It would feel much more "Adobe" if it shared these standards.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something we’re actively aware of and trying to match as best we can. For example, we do have spacebar to pan (it uses the hand tool so it’s a 3D pan, not a 2D pan), V for select tool, Z for zoom, etc. Some of them we haven’t committed to, but we’ll keep it in mind.

However, since this isn’t really a specific feature but more of a hollistic design/thought process topic, I’m going to close it. If you have specific requests please pose each one individually so we can track it. IE one post for “Cmd+/- to zoom” and another post for “Modifier Keys for Move Tool”, etc. Thanks!

• Creating Content for Stock

I see that Felix uses the hdrlabs/ SIBL format for "lighting" assets. I've been creating this kind of content for 16 years (I have produced 1,000's of HDR panoramas and backplates - a small sample can be seen at www.markbanas.com), and my content already appears in many major 3D applications already. (Full disclosure: I worked for Autodesk Toronto for years as their environment guru and a rendering product designer.)

I'm curious if there will be a way I can offer pre-packaged "lighting" assets (combinations of IBL and backplate images) on Adobe Stock?

So far I've been told that stock…

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

question/comment answered  ·  6 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Larger Set of Materials

The number of materials is very small

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

question/comment answered  ·  2 comments  ·  Design Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • A Way to Request Models on Adobe Stock

For those of us just entering the 3D realm, I was just curious about how one can put in a request for 3D models that aren't already available on Adobe Stock. i.e. My job uses a plastic quart, where can I put in a request for that to be added to Adobe Stock? Just curious if its possible to do so or not. Thanks in advance.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base