Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Travis Birdsall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fuse characters to Dimension would be very helpful for me.

My current workflow is:

- Create scene in Dimension and render out

- Create character in Fuse

- Open Dn render in Photoshop and add Fuse character

- Position and pose character using Mixamo pre-sets

- Export posed character from Ps as 3D object

- Add posed character to Dn scene (to unify lighting/reflections) and re-render.

- Return to Ps for finishing

I would like to skip the whole Ps stage between renders. Importing the Fuse character and posing with integrated Mixamo (same as Ps workflow) directly in Dn would be far more intuitive, as well as time saving.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if we could pose pre-rigged character models (from Fuse or other programs) and be able to pose them in Dimension CC.
        Currently if i want to change a pose i either have to make a no OBJ with a different pose or import ever body part as an in dependent obj file and place them painstakingly into a believable position. but this can become intensive for the program.

• Anton Qvarfordt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure I get it takes time :) Just nice to know features you want is in the pipe.

Whether or not to separate the softwares I guess that to some degree is a architectural question of what makes sense and ends up playing well together. I can see a world where the Felix software has the functionality of Fuse but reinforced by Felix allowing assembled characters to make use of things like applying materials to different parts of characters making alterations to model also using the Felix tools. Maybe even to the point where you feel you can push the assembled character into a unique creative vision beyond what I imagine likely possible using only part assembly.

I can also see a world where it gets cluttered and where the useful application scenarios of the software gets a bit indistinct.

That said what I really want fundamentally is just Fuse pushed farther with more features, assets (model parts + animations) and customization options. Freeing up valuable resources when developing games (Fuse atm is really just too limited in asset content). If that can be reinforced by Felix that's great in whichever form it'd take.

• Anton Qvarfordt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, my primary interest in this software would be having it contain the functionality that Fuse does. IE assembling characters, rigging and assigning animations. Is that features that you're planning on implementing in this program looking forward?

• Ussnorway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a rendoring system is great as long as there is something worth rendoring... a fuse model can already go into photoshop so I'd be more interrested in being able to add things to a fuse model in Felix

eg, instead of a clock and a ball we could have outfits "hats, dress etc" and props "gun, swords, handbags etc"... the base meshs are already there in many cases

p.s, photoshop can do the textures for these props | extras and all three save to the CC lib ... which is a much better way to use the products imo

• AdminChantel Benson (Product Manager, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great question about features in Felix v. adding in Photoshop. The reason why we are putting this workflow in a whole new application is that we are focused on providing the world-class Vray rendering engine - there are too many barriers to putting this directly in Photoshop.

• edsager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the "round-trip" experience with Felix & Fuse that is had with InDesign and Photoshop (linked, updates automagically appear, manual and automatic updating of characters, more I cannot think of right now).

I would like to make models wearing the advertisement in different settings, or presentations of architectural creations with 3D people as part of the background for a 3D fly-by, rigging and animation of characters, and a round-trip with Photoshop for 3D painting, or 3D painting in Felix or both!

Thanks for listening,
        edsager

• Daniel Badde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manipulate poses would be nice (minimum requirement). Animation would be great. Imagine a product view with people. Or a lot of people dancing on a party, with the picture of a drink in front and some 3d-text above, for example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base