Feature Request Details

Export 3D Objects

I'm sure you hear this a lot, but it would be great to have the ability to export objects in .C4D and .FBX file formats to be able to bring them into programs like After Effects and directly into Photoshop.

96 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) responded  · 

Hello! The Dimension team is gathering some feedback around various export requests. If you’re interested in providing more detail on your request for exporting workflows, please take a moment to fill out the following brief survey:

https://goo.gl/forms/kZj2F9W2bH10Qj743

We are continuing to work on gltf/glb exports this year but would love more detail on workflows and other formats.

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom Lunzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, pretty standard stuff here. I create for example some nice hams and cheeses and sausages in a deli case in one Adobe Dimensions project, I expected to use these same objects in another project if I wanted to. But no, I will have to re-create these items again. Sure is silly this was not an obvious included feature. I mean come on, what 3D program can't you export your 3D creations?

• Matthieu Milliot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course the classical OBJ, FBX format with a nice package so you can store your Dn assets with the textures..
    Also a very nice option would be to export USDZ files.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With PowePoint’s new ability to take .obj files, the ability to skin 3d objects in Dimension and export them would be a huge help.. Please add this capability to a future update.

• Steven Touart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exporting models from adobe stock into 3ds max or even substance painter is what I would really love to happen. And i'm honestly a little surprised that isn't a feature that is already in Adobe Dimension

• jmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I'm a little surprise, if you are able to import the file in OBJ in Dimension you can import it also in a Slicer if the goal is to 3D print.

I don't see how you can modify the model in Dimension that you can store in a STL file as this format don't store any material informations...

• Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. I'm looking into other programs because this export feature doesn't exist.

If you really want to see this product takeoff, provide the ability to export in multiple 3D formats... fbx should be a primary consideration. It's Adobe's opportunity to rapidly grow this product or have it remain a fun thing to play with.

• Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dimension is awesome! But agreed with previous comments, you guys need to allow fbx export, and importing heavier obj. Otherwise people will keep using Blender, octane and other tools to render their creative work.

just downloaded dimension and bummed tf out I made such beautiful objects with ease only to find out there is no option export anything rendered in 3d besides a 2d png... like seriously... waste of hard
    drive and based on the facts its been months since the original comments I highly doubt dimension cares to do anything about it

just downloaded dimension and bummed tf out I made such beautiful objects with ease only to find out there is no option export anything render in 3d besides a 2d png... like seriously... waste of hard
    drive

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michele, not much more to add. At the moment we're exploring various import/export improvements, but it isn't something we have yet. We're most immediately working on .GLTF export which is available in our Prerelease program. More formats like .obj are still under evaluation. There is a survey available in the status for this topic I'd recommend taking.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base