Feature Request Details

Move and Resize Render Preview Window

I want to be able to move the render preview window.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex Fischer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to being able to move the render preview to a second monitor on full screen, It would be great to have a little camera icon to toggle between different cameras, which will auto-hide when you move the mouse away.

• Jeff Korzeniowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i posted in ideas that we need to be able to move all our pallets/windows to wherever we want. just like Photoshop and Illustrator. YES!!! multiple monitor support

• edsager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jeanette - Yes, you are spot on with your assumption. I would describe it as: tear away the Render Mode screen and put it on a separate monitor (including an external monitor/TV for teaching purposes, which, of course, would be controlled by the OS).

I would also like to be able to move the preview screen around the Design mode screen as well as have the ability to place the preview on a new monitor.

Does the above explanation make my suggestion a new feature request? I can see how it would be....

Thank you for listening,
    edsager

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @edsager - can you clarify on this? This conversation is about the render preview screen which is in the design mode already. Are you asking to tear off the entire design mode screen as well and have that rendering while you work in design mode? Might be a different feature request ;D

• edsager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to move and resize. Maybe even a preview of the rendering in the design section so we can keep abreast of the render progress.

• Daniel Badde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to resizethe render preview window. It looks so small on a 5k iMac screen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base