Feature Request Details

Save Camera Positions

Ability to save camera positions and return to them.

24 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott May commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reset camera video, save a camera location/view would be nice. also being able to adjust the focus seems really important

• Alexandru Coroian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One feature that I'd like to see is added to the finished product is a way of saving a camera angle/perspective as a template or preset, so you can move the camera around but come back to that angle later. Surscribe to this if you agree!
    *Edit* I see this idea is already out there. I'll still post this just to express my agreement haha

• Anik Bhattacharya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One great idea would be to set camera view "presets".

So you can work on an object, fix some details, which might require you to move around, rotate the camera, change the focal length, whatever, zoom, etc.

Once you're done, you can click the camera preset and go straight back to where the camera was, the zoom settings, focal length settings, etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is so basic and absolutely neccessary, that it doesn´t need to be commented IMO.

Saving and repeating camera angles is very important for duplicating images needed for various scenes in catalogues and advertisements. Have a section where we can save camera angles/perspectives/image size and such to repeat our needed images throughout our office crew.

I'd love to be able to set a camera in a scene and be able to jump between the set camera and a free-mode where I can arrange my scene.

The ability to save camera angles. basically just add Photoshop's 3d features

• David Nikel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saving camera positions is a must have for rendering.

I always render multiple variations of the scene - with different focal lengths and composition variations for the pre visualization / selection process with Peers, Supervisors and Customers.

This is also highly necessary when re- rendering an image for corrections or additions of content, or at the final resolution ( 4k or 8k).

Its a huge waste of time if the camera settings are lost and a major disappointment if you can't achieve the same magic camra angle that was bought off on in a review.

• miklmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can be very time consuming to get back to exact camera positions and it is commonly necessary. I use it regularly in PS 3D, usually to check the positions of various objects from different perspectives. The ability to go to a default view and the left, right, top, etc. views is also very useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base