Feature Request Details

Queue Multiple Renders

It would be great to have a way to queue up more than one render if you need more than one angle of a product (I do, often). This way you can set a computer to do all the renderings you need and not having to touch it until its done working.

49 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thor Henrik Bruun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

Happy Monday, October 15th, everyone! Today we released an update to Dimension CC – the 2.0 release! In this version you can now use your saved camera bookmarks during render time to queue up as many renders as you’d like and run them all together.

You can see more about the release here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/whats-new.html

Here’s a video on the rendering updates in Dimension 2.0:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/how-to/3d-rendering.html

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Its a really important feature that would be greatly appreciated.

• Jeff Korzeniowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this was also stated but the export of multiple camera views at one time would be awesome as well. we sometimes have 10 views per scene to render.. gets tedious.

• Jeff Korzeniowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im glad to see this is on the plan.. As stated before, we cannot use the external web rendering because of NDA's. Still, any thought on using existing extra local Adobe subscriptions to add internal render farms, we pay for at least a dozen full creative suite seats. Would be awesome.. seems a no brainer.

I think it's hilarious that every time I have a question about dimension it just happened to be answered that exact same day.

YES YES YES. Multiple renders is crucial for deployment ASAP.

As is importing Vector images,

As is importing .mtl or other material files. I know you guys are hoping to squeeze people for subscriptions to Adobe Stock, but it's very important for artists to be able to use their own files.

• Tim Melis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very usefull if designers could setup a batch render, allowing designers to select multiple files which all should be rendered with the same settings. This could be used when going out to lunch, or after leaving the office.

• Tiago Miranda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Batch rendering would be nice to have the images rendered after the office is closed, or when someone goes to bed. I could have had avoided doing and all-nighter last year if I could batch renders and just go to sleep.

It doesn't mean that, in the middle of the night, things could go wrong, but at least having the option to Batch Render would be really nice.

How about adding a LOUD warning if something goes wrong and I need to wake up to look up what is going on? That way I could at least get an hour or two of sleep without having to worry about getting to the next morning with the possibility of getting nothing done.

This has a lot of space to explore. For enterprises and studios the progress of rendering could be fed to the Smartphone in real time, and an alarm could also go off if anything goes wrong and someone has to go urgently back to office to fix the issues.

• David Nikel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to batch render is a rather important for me, I like to set up variations of a given scene, run them unattended, and review the results.

The render queue would need to support saved camera a views, geometry variations, IBL lighting variations, backdrop and material variations.

Off line cluster rendering would be a major bonus with this as well.

• Sal Lipman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can there be something like what media-encoder is to premier, so that you can render and work simultaneously.

I love this application. It's amazing. I'd like to have a render quene though. Thank you so much for this software!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base