(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jakub Straka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drawing/Creating 3D objects from scratch is an alchemy, but I can imagine it being doable in Dimensions. The real challenge is to make it easy, fast and understandable. Otherwise library is good, but perhaps more relevant assets would fit better or at least make them more accessible so I don't have to pay for Adobe Stock if I want to make a 3D scene for graphic designers (not only for product promotions and branding ideas as that's my main impression right now)

• MixedMerch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others have said... Dimension would be great if it you could create/modify models even a little bit. Best yet would be to be able to import SketchUp. SketchUp's modeling is severely lacking what Dimension can deliver, and vice versa. Overall, really cool idea, but somewhat useless now - hasn't quite found it's place in my workflow.
        - More rendering options (resolution, size, etc)
        - Easy import of SketchUp models
        - SketchUp models that react well to Dimension's material mapping.

• Matthew Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the existing primitives could be combined/intersected/excluded it would be a start, but what I really want to do is extrude or revolve a simple "plan" shape – like in Illustrator... only in a way that works reliably!

• Mr. Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loving this program, easy to use, but as others have stated, we need way more container options. For instance, different vitamin bottle containers of varying sizes, with varying types of lids. That would be really helpful for e commerce companies in the health industry.

Also, if you could add a batch feature for the rendering process, its time consuming on integrated graphics, and would be nice to prep a bunch of files and then render them all at once at night. Would increase productivity big time if you added a batch render feature.

• Aaron Tipton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3D is kinda there in AI and PS already, but it's not powerful enough. See others comments (David Wickstead), he's right on target. Containers are a HUGE segment of our work. Just think about the percentage of products in a grocery store that come in bottles, cans, jars, etc. 90% of those would only need a simple profile editor, not even full 3D editing. Think about simple tools to edit details like the grips on lids for small bottles or jars. You should should even be thinking about the shrink wrapped seals and the printing on those. This shouldn't be a full 3D editor, just focus on the 95% of packaging we could render as boxes, bottles, jars, cans, etc. Those could all be done within Dimensions with some basic tools. The other 5% needing full 3D modelling should be a different tool.

• Clyde D'souza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add 3D modelling into Dimension just like you would do in AutoCAD and Sketchup rather than just using ready made models from libraries.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Illustrator has 3D extrude feature and the ability to map to the faces of the 3d object you create. It's a very simple feature that's been in illustrator, forever. It's a bit buggy and not all that powerful but it does the job. I assumed Dimensions would have had some support to this process or at the very least, the ability to replace that simple tool... The user can specify the actual size of the panel of a box, extrude it to a specific amount. then apply the graphics as a "symbol", to each surface. Dimension can't do this? I am not understanding what the use of dimension is...

• David Wickstead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

simple objects such as shampoo bottle might sound very simple and can use stock models. But in reality this is not the case. Simply go to your supermarket and see all the different shapes of bottle.
        If we were to show a customer a new label design on a bottle the model would need to be designed to their specific bottle shape. No customer would be happy to see their design on a generic bottle. Most customers even spend a lot of time to design the bottle shape as part of the overall design and branding job. So if you simply look at the design for something as simple as a shampoo bottle you can quickly see where using stock models just won't do. using a stock model would be ok to use maybe as a starting block to then edit. So modelling is am extremely important part that really comes before Dimensions CC.

• tawanda chikondo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Model creation is very important cause some the models may not be what we are looking for in terms of shape and size ,so pliz consider us designer being able to model our own ideas

• Lily R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dimensions is such a tease! Would love to do some 3D modelling from scratch with an Adobe program. Is Adobe going to make it's own full on 3D program anytime soon? Ergo Adobe please make a 3D modelling program soon!!

• Fabrice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem being if anyone learns Blender or 3DS Max, Dimension becomes redundant and useless, no?

• Justin Sadkowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create a single wall based on custom dimensions. Would be a huge help for booth design and beats doing it in PPT.

• Jacqueline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I create both Autocad files but also work in Adobe for mockups. If we could easily import models from Autocad 2018, this would really improve the ability us designers will have since many of us receive the 3D versions of the packaging and bottles we are working on. Would make my life much easier!

J

• thelenster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's a good application to create custom models? 3DS Max? I imagine that application requires a huge learning curve?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom creating would be awesome. I almost subscribed to Adobe Stock to get more models, but realized a lot of them, which are the ones I need, are only offered under "premium" licences and are not covered under Adobe Stock. This platform reminds me of an app money maker, since each premium licence is $20+. Almost makes this software useless for me. Just some feedback.

• SD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be very usefull to be able to create own 3d Objects like it was in the old Mac OS9 AdobeDimensions. One need to be more independant of librarys and stockmodels.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base