Feature Request Details

3D Mouse support

I have a SpaceNavigator from 3Dconnexion and I'd like to use it for camera movement

8 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel Badde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chevez Ezaneh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this implemented as well! It's hard to go back to mouse orbiting when you get used to working with one of these things.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No real status update yet. It's certainly something we can do, but just hasn't been a high enough priority since we're so early. Focusing on larger things that affect the most users and 3D mice aren't very common. We don't have tablet support yet either, so definitely an area we'll want to add eventually.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to use my Spacemouse with Dimension. I got really excited to use it and am pretty bummed that this isn't a basic functionality. Do you have a rough estimate on when you expect to incorporate 3d mouse integration within this program?

• Adam Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance of using a 3D mouse with Dimension? No updates on this thread for 9 months!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see native support for 3D Connexion Mouse since that is what I use with my other 3D programs such as Poser 3D and DAZ Studio.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This looks very promising, it would be nice to impliment control with a 3D mouse from 3Dconnexion to interface with the models. More control over rendering size and a meter showing how much time is left for the rendering.

Feedback and Knowledge Base