Feature Request Details

Unit Settings

This program is useless without the ability to draw objects in scale, i.e. transformation pallette should be in metric or imperial. Make it just like Illustrator just 3D and I will switch from my current 3D modeling/rendering app.

20 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can i ask i faced a problem that when i need to apply logo on side of object it repeat it self all around the object so i need to know if i can fix this?

• Nicolas Castano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New update, and this still is not fixed? I understand you guys bulit this from the ground up but seriously, this is like entry level things to get right.

Its incredible that you make a 25 x 25 (inches, cms who knows) cube, and then paste a 25 x 25 cm square made on illustrator, to one of the sides of the cube... You would expect it would fill one side perfectly no?

Wrong, not only it doesnt even fill the side of the cube, the image properties says its 17,3 % scaled.....

I mean what?

And thats using a simple square example. Use a rectangular design and good luck matching that to one of the sides.

• Gabriel Noreña commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Adobe dimension to work with actual measurements units (inches, cm, picas, px, etc) for models and also allow much higher resltion of files and renders.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just downloaded Dimension CC today to test it's capabilities. I am very disappointed to see that there is only px units available in the canvas dimensions and not mm! Our studio would be mainly using the software to mock up real-world spaces - showrooms, exhibition stands etc and this is impossible using pixels. It was my understanding that, given the tutorial from Adobe, this could be used with real-world objects such as packaging - as far as I'm aware the production world is still using mm and not px! Disappointing Adobe, I'd love this is to be a definite action and then it would be useful.

• Joel Tarasiuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all, this project is blowing my socks off and I'm loving it for what it is. Exactly what I needed in my field. Here is a question. I often have a variety of models that use different world scalings (Unreal, Maya, Unity). When I import a model it would be neat if I could give an approximate real world scale (in Feet or Meters). From there I could fine tune it with the included scaling tool.
    Alternatively I can always scale them in Maya. It would just be one step less in the process that speeds things up for me.
    Thanks and keep it up Chaos Group and Adobe!

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to integrate Felix as a mockup generator for my work whicj is mostly beer cans, boxes, shrink wraps and product end caps for retail spaces. Currently I use PSD mockups and they are nice looking but time consuming and limiting. I would much prefer 3D designs made in felix for creating better mockups and editorial designs.

In order to do this I need Felix to be capable of the following:

1. Allow me to input the units of measurement for any object.
    2. Allow me to place art on specific planes with specific sizes. For example my art is 2" x 7" then I should be able to create a 2" x 7" cube and be able to accurately drop my art
    3. The whammy I would like is Smart Objects. I would love to update my art file and have it automatically update my 3D model.

Because Adobe doesn't offer this I am beginning to research Esko Studio 3D and Blender as well as Origami for solutions. I would much prefer to avoid all that noise and stick within the Adobe family.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scaling objects is cute but without knowing their height in pixels, inches, etc. This app is just a novelty and of no practical use to my studio's workflow.

Feedback and Knowledge Base