Feature Request Details

History - Clickable & Action-able

Similar to Photoshop, a clickable list of the history of alterations.

I have always wanted in Photoshop (and now desire it in Felix) the ability to select some of the History and make it an "action" which I could use on other objects in scene or in new scenes.

7 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

edsager shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I understand the premise for your request! What types of things would you expect to be usable across different objects though? For example, 'selections' probably couldn't be reused as selection is different for every model. We probably could save things like "apply material, edit material properties", etc. But I'm not sure if that's the best way to approach that. A paintbucket tool might be more efficient.

So what types of specific actions would you want to use across models?
    - Selections?
    - Material applications?
    - Transformations (rotate/move/scale)?

• edsager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I would like to be able to do is:

(1) Go to the History panel.
    (2) Select individually or consecutively the steps in the History that I took to get to the result I achieved with the current object/image.
    (3) Right-click on the History panel or on one of the selected History states and be given an option to “Save as a PS Action” the selected history states.
    (4) Selected History states are saved as a Photoshop Action which can be used with other 3D objects/files.

Am I making sense?

Thanks,
    edsager

Feedback and Knowledge Base