Feature Request Details

Add bump map/texture

It would be a good idea to add bump map/ edit texture UVs feature

13 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Meenakshi Gupta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • afk cigg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They already have normal maps. I feel the addition of Height Maps would be most beneficial. Height maps have adjustments that Normal maps aren't capable of producing in the final render.

• Flavio Andalo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know how to create a normal map from a bump in photoshop, but bump maps are easier to create and edit, because of that some workflows works better if you don't have to always convert bump maps to normal. Knowing how a render works it would be quite easy to add bump mapping.

• Dan Kellett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Felix uses PBR textures so your bump is held in the normal map. If you don't have a normal map for your texture you can easily create one in photoshop. Just open your base color texture, go to filters>3D>normal this will open a separate dialogue box where you can adjust your normal map. Once you are happy with the normal map (its default settings are usually pretty good) export the normal map (PNG seems to work very well) import this to the normal map in Felix and you will see your bump mapping.

Hope this helps?

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am able to import an .obj file into Felix, and apply the texture I created to the color channel, but do not see an option for including a bump map or displacement map. Is this option available?

Feedback and Knowledge Base