Feature Request Details

Multiple View WIndows

It will be helpful to have different view panel layout on screen while creating file- top/front/3D view together

11 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Meenakshi Gupta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Work for multiple view windows hasn’t begun and is still in review. While we understand the value of multiple viewports we have a good bit of work to do on improving the one viewport we currently have. We’re focusing on the current composition, bookmark and render experience for this year but will probably start looking into multiple cameras and viewports more next year.

6 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been implemented yet and if not, what's taking so long? How can software that handles 3D objects not offer multiple view windows of the various axis?

• Rijish Rajagopal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple Viewports.. its a necessity. atleast a top view which will help a lot in positioning objects. anyways its agood start and really excited creating stuff in Adobe dimension.

• Steven sheldon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea I think the multiple four display viewport on one screen of the ui is another standard that should be taken into consideration while although having the ability to create duplicate cameras that possibly have more intricate settings that reflect an actual camera. It'll give the user some more dramatic renders to help them convey the drama or excitement of a scene or shot. Duplicating a camera is also very important because you have a shot you want or may like *BOOM* keep that camera there and duplicate, now you have a render camera and a working camera to adjust any other fine details for the shot

• Flavio Andalo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second that, we should have a camera viewport that you can fix and a perspective, top, front and left viewport that you can use while positioning objects in the scene.
    Imagine the situation that you create a shot and then need to do some adjustment, you will need to move the camera and it will be hard to get to the same position.
    It would also be great to have multiple cameras in the scene.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Difficutl to navigate x,y,z - additonal viewports would help - like 3d studio max.

• Marc L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the option to look at the scene from three views (x/y/z) in order to position items in the 3d space. Right now I have to move the camera around to get an idea of the scene, which is not a good user experience, because that way I am also losing my camera view

Feedback and Knowledge Base