Feature Request Details

Windows 7.

Original Comment: Add support for Windows 7. Otherwise, I have your application in a coffin seen as Windows 10. Do it will not use, you lose users.

---

Edited by Moderator: Community is English only.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ilia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension) responded  · 

Hi everyone! Just wanted to follow up on a few comments here:

Adobe believes strongly in supporting cross platform and cross device workflows and we strive to be inclusive for multiple OS types and versions. As a company we are pushing to standardize support for all applications on multiple devices and OS but there is no guarantee that as a Creative Cloud member you will have equal access to all applications.

Development of new applications in particular (Project or Beta type applications) is more likely to be limited than a ‘full’ app.

For Project Felix in particular, we are using technology that does not work on Windows 7. We made the choice to support only Windows 10 as it allowed us to take advantage of newer technologies.

Windows 8 and 8.1 are possible to be supported, but are not a priority at this time as the usage numbers are very low. We will keep it in mind moving forward!

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • loslos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no win7 support. this is gonna be the next dead Adobe muse... clock is ticking....Blender3d here we come...

• Xen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Newer technologies? Like what? Do you moonlight as a Microsoft marketing employee? As far as I can tell, OpenCL-GL is still used by most (if not all) Adobe apps that have 3D needs. Why would this change considering your Mac user base will NEVER need DirectX compatibility? So then it comes down to the video driver where Win7 is still well supported. Win 10 is nothing other than an interface change and a DirectX revision. In closing, I frankly don't care ... Blender does what Dimension appears to aspire to ...

• chiaki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want to try the app but i still use 7 and i do not want to change it to 10. so i will pass and keep using autodesk. most of my colleagues remainssame. from japan

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the working interface and the features of windows 7, it's more than enough for what I expected, my school where I work and my friend's computer installed windows 7. Before time me installed win 8, 8.1, win 10 but after a day I had to reinstall windows 7 because of so many applications that I never used. I expect Adobe Dimentions CC can support win 7 because current win 7 still occupy a very large user. Thanks for reading

• Patryk Cieślak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to get Felix on my PC with Win 8.1. I have 4 computers with different systems and the most problematic system is Windows 10. I will wait for this app for older Windows. Anyway I won't go to 10, because I don't like it.

PS. Thank you for fast response.

• Patryk Cieślak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it available for Windows 8.1? What is the problem with publishing it for older versions of Windows? We have the strongest computer with 8.1. Is it possible in future to get Felix for Windows 8.1?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want as CC member also Felix for Windows 7. It is NOT fair to cc members to have it only for Windows 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base