Feature Request Details

Integrate with After Effects

Integrate in some way with after effects so we can use 3d in motion rather than just in stills.

49 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim Fink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The original Adobe Dimensions (about 15 years ago) had the ability to create a sequence of the 3D object in motion. That should be brought back from the dead.

• Goldie Socks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally own Video Copilot's Element 3D, and this is a very clear and direct correlation to Adobe Dimension. Imagine the same general operability as Element 3D, but with Adobe stock, and the ability to create some solid product video.

I do not know how to operate C4D, nor do I have the inkling. I'm not a 3D guy, but I have some needs for exactly this.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How has this not been figured out yet? Seriously disappointed no point on even using this program to be honest if it's not actually going to be exportable as a 3d model

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I the only one that finds it bizarre that Adobe had a program to create 3D objects (Dimension) and a program to animate 3D objects (After Effects), but the two are incompatible with each other? Meanwhile, Adobe (whom I have been a staunch supporter of for many years) is focused on other features, while ignoring this obvious blindspot. It seems so intuitive, I thought it must be me; I must have missed something; after all, Adobe touts its software interoperability with Photohop, Premiere, and Audition, but when it comes to 3D, had missed it completely, and remains at the back of the pack behind the likes of 3DSMAX, MAYA, etc. Anyone else agree to this obvious flaw in logic?

I'm actually a little annoyed because I started a project in Dimension thinking I would be able to import the model to a 3D comp AfterEffects. Seriously, why is this not the endgame?

• Randy clower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a great addition if we could integrate this into premier or after effects or photoshops like after effects is integrated into premier. For example, we could choose "edit in dimension " then when we are done just close it the finished product will be in the program we were using. I love this feature between after effects and premier, ( lightroom and photoshop example as well)

• Jeff Robedee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to export as an mp4 to be able to be used in a premiere pro VR project...either exported as a 360 image or a 360 .mp4 file.

• Asma Hussain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see an easy integration of 3D models created in Adobe packages - Dimension / Fuse into After Effects.

• Dave Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to export a finished 3d object (In my case a beer can with artwork) as a .obj file and then animate it within After Effects. Id also love to be able to add animated artwork to the side of the can!

I would want it to be similar to blender in that sense. So I could animate the camera and several objects and export a final video clip. Integrating with after effects is just one way to do this but it could just be another feature wtihin dimension.

• gcurtis69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could see it working as a new 3D engine for after effects, where you could generate 3D models like obj's in After Effects. I can kind of imagine it like a cross between blender / C4D and Video Copilot element 3D plugin.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's nothing particular planned yet. We are starting to look into animation workflows but a lot of this year is being focused on refining what we have and expanding materials and graphics, performance, etc. I expect we'll get into this more next year!

• Dan J. Sudermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news concerning this thread? I would be super excited if it was possible to use the objects created in Dimension for After Effects animations. I find it way easier to use than cinema 4d lite.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base