Feature Request Details

Integrate with After Effects

Integrate in some way with after effects so we can use 3d in motion rather than just in stills.

35 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Asma Hussain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see an easy integration of 3D models created in Adobe packages - Dimension / Fuse into After Effects.

• Dave Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to export a finished 3d object (In my case a beer can with artwork) as a .obj file and then animate it within After Effects. Id also love to be able to add animated artwork to the side of the can!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would want it to be similar to blender in that sense. So I could animate the camera and several objects and export a final video clip. Integrating with after effects is just one way to do this but it could just be another feature wtihin dimension.

• gcurtis69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could see it working as a new 3D engine for after effects, where you could generate 3D models like obj's in After Effects. I can kind of imagine it like a cross between blender / C4D and Video Copilot element 3D plugin.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's nothing particular planned yet. We are starting to look into animation workflows but a lot of this year is being focused on refining what we have and expanding materials and graphics, performance, etc. I expect we'll get into this more next year!

• Dan J. Sudermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news concerning this thread? I would be super excited if it was possible to use the objects created in Dimension for After Effects animations. I find it way easier to use than cinema 4d lite.

• Ovidiu Stoica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least make it possible for dimension to have its own render queue. While it's a great software for creating packshots, and whatnot, I'd love it if you could use keyframes to program some simple motion animations for the objects themselves. The render quality is amazing, the perspective and light matching is amazing, but the inability to export more than a single frame at a time is a bit of a turn-off, in my opinion. I'd love to be able to move an object up and down, as in after effects, and export that as a video file or at least a series of PSD / PNG files for adding into after effects. Otherwise, to do this, one has to manually reposition the elements and then manually set each frame to render. Some very basic animation + queueing would be AMAZING!

• gcurtis69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make this a part of After Effects. Would like to see a high quality scene rendered in motion without the need of expensive plugins.

• Alfred Cox ( film maker ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Video copilot.. We can make 3d text and bring any 3d object directly into After Effects as a layer, build cities, and have complete control over objects to break apart. The following link is from my channel so you have an idea on what I like to do and what Felix should be. https://youtu.be/3OliPT_gox8

Have used Video Co-Pilot's Element with After Effects, and as it works pretty darn good, but it would be just groovy if it was all native in AF.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration with Premiere (or After Effects) to place 3D objects in stereoscopic (or mono) 360 videos.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see integration with after effects, Being able to export or link 3d models and utilize tools within AE would be an insane time saver for simple 3d animating without having to run multiple applications and cross reference animations. Please make this happen!

• Paul Jacobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After Effects integration would be fantastic and would add countless possibilities for motion designers like myself. As Adobe keeps on constantly improving its products, I hope this day will come. The key to time saving is not having to use other "clunky" third party plugins.

Oh yeah, and integration with After Effects would be the bomb. Last step I need to never have to leave the Adobe environment ever again.

Exporting an animation from Felix would be fantastic! If an exported animation could have the background knocked out like a .png image sequence with with alpha channels set to transparent so we could add additional animated backgrounds in After Effects or full-motion video in Premiere that would be heavenly! My company currently uses Solidworks Visualize to make animations of our CAD models, but the interface is quite clunky, the render times are quite high, and the key framing isn't as intuitive has with After Effects and Premiere.

Feedback and Knowledge Base