Feature Request Details

Open in Photoshop

Open in Ps button

13 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminChantel Benson (Product Manager, Dimension) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, okay! I think I understand the issue here. So our .psd export is 32 bit by default. If you look at the top of the Photoshop document tab you can see some information:

robot.psd @ 50% (Rendered Image, RGB/32)

The 32 means that it's in 32 bit mode. In order to save as a .png you need to convert to 8-bit or 16-bit which you can do in the Image > Mode menu option.

• Ussnorway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know why it doesn't work... the question asked by Chantel is how to make it better

a standard psd is rgb based ... please consider allow the option to save as that so files fit better into other Photoshop work flows, when we rendor up an image (object) in Felix it is nice to have the layers from a Photoshop file to work with be we have to convert them.

PNG=Portable Network Graphics, in other words, designed to be viewed on an RGB monitor, CMYK=printed graphics, therefore the two are not compatible.

p.s, love the program so far

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately we can't remove the button. It's part of the Libraries panel which is shared between many apps. However it is disabled since Felix doesn't have any 'write' to Libraries functionality yet.

I'm still not sure about the Option 2. We do have a .psd output from the render mode. When you go to Render you can select between .png or .psd. The .psd is a standard Photoshop .psd file and can be opened in PS. Are you looking to save your actual 3D scene as a .psd BEFORE rendering?

Hey Ussnorway (glad to see you from the Fuse forums!)

Sorry, but do you think you could go through that again. When you say "A felix made .psd" do you mean the final render .psd output from Felix? So you'd like to go to Render Mode, render out your image as .psd and then "Open in Photoshop" to more quickly open it without having to file browser to the location? Or save that final render to CC Libraries, jump to Photoshop and then open the render from Ps Libraries?

• Ussnorway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the obvious 1st would be a psd file with 3d object such as a Felix made psd or Fuse character... in my case, I make objects in Maya, import them to Felix (to add the materials) but Photoshop has to export the Felix made psd file as a jpg or png before I can do much more with it

to be able to add a Felix image into CC lib (after rendor) would really help

Feedback and Knowledge Base