(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

james coates shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

Thanks for the suggestion! Can I ask for a bit more detail? Would you want to define an area of the screen and have that keep rendering even if you change your camera? Or just like a quick “Show me this area” then it goes away?

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Flavio Andalo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need a region render, when setting up a material we don't want the entire render window do refresh, just a small part.

• Christopher Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dimensions needs a Render Region function. A rendering may need only be a part of the camera view and you have to waste time rendering the entire scene when you may only need a part of it. Render Region functions are common in most 3D apps.

• Marshall Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to render a small crop of my image. My graphics card isnt great, so to see a color change or lighting detail, I have to wait a while for the entire image to render, when I really only need 10% of one area to be fully rendered to see what I want.

• Steven sheldon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you referring to the render view, like Maya, you snapshot the scene as a wireframe to see what part of the scene you want to render, then select that portion in the render view and have it render that selection while the rest of scene from the snapshot stays as a wireframe? If so I agree lol

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually both :)
        And please give us an option to zoom in and out in the final render/raytracing mode. At the moment we just have a 100% view.

• Daniel Badde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to drag a frame in the design mode window to be rendered as preview, so I can control details but don't have to render the full-size image. Maybe consistent, so that the frame stays in place and gets rendered on any change

Feedback and Knowledge Base