Feature Request Details

Import or Merge 3d Models from a other Dimension Scene

Import 3d Models from a other Dimension file (.dn)

34 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sascha Michaelis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James Higgins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to save a model to my Adobe Library and place it into any Dimension scene I create would be great. At the moment I'm creating all of my clients products in a single scene, which is a lot of asset and layer juggling when I'm piecing a new project together. Being able to just drag and drop one from my library into a scene as/when I need it would be a real quality of life update.

• Yetzel González commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys should add an option to customize the shape of a certain object. For example: I have a sphere and a cube, but i can't combine them together. Or if I wanted to make a house, I have the cube and the pyramid, but I can't merge them together.

• Nicole Meyerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe it would be really helpful and almost a 100 percent necessity to be able to export created objects as OBJ's or be able to import items created in one project to use in another project. Often we find ourselves having to recreate things we've already created in another file, just to use again in another scene with something else. It would be beyond helpful if there was a way to combine items in a scene. If i've created a 6pk of beer in scene 1 and a bin display in scene 2... and the client wants the bin display stacked with 6pks, to not have to redo one of the two elements would be great.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if we could merge objects into a single layer. Grouping is nice, but when you're placing a lot of shapes in a group, it works the computer pretty hard.
    I think if we could merge the shapes together it would ease as 1 layer it might make it easier on how the shapes are being processed

• Jungjoo park commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clarifying! I mean merge as complete join or addition. e.g. Combining a cylinder with a larger cylinder on top to create a single layered hammer-like shape. Boolean type tool would be amazing also!

Feedback and Knowledge Base