Feature Request Details

Link image files and update saved changes

Being able to link my image files so when I save the changes in Photoshop/Illustrator, etc, it is updated in Dimension.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adminzorana (Admin, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there-

Wanted to follow-up here and ask more about the importance of linked files to you. Do you work with libraries much and would a libraries linked workflow be sufficient for keeping files in tact?

Also, we have added the ability to Edit in Photoshop (in latest 1.1 release - 4/2018) which will create a linkage (not in the traditional SO way) to the file if you invoke Edit in from Dn. We are planning on adding the Illustrator side to this in our next release as well. If you get a chance to play around with this and have further thoughts, please email me at zorana@adobe.com if you'd like to talk further about linked workflow potentials.

• Tim Melis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This would be very usefull. It should be possible to work in Adobe Dimensions, and in Photoshop or Illustrator at the same time. When something changes in the artwork, the 3D preview should automatically update in Dimensions (after using the save command). This will allow to designers to create artwork more accurately.

Feedback and Knowledge Base