Feature Request Details

Combine/Subtract Models (Booleans/Pathfinder)

Booleans are the 3D equivalent of pathfinder, allowing you to take two shapes and combine or subtract their volumes from each other. For example, taking a cube then using a cylinder to 'cut' a hole through the cube.

52 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chelsi Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be fabulous! It's an easy way to create a quick model such as a bowl, etc. So that you don't get funky textures and decals once we've created the Boolean object correctly it may be worthwhile to "bake" the polygons.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then what exactly are the add and subtract tool icons for? I was hoping for booleans. But I don't get them to work. Anyone?

• Dale Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wouldnt it be nice if you could draw a smaller less deep in height circle inside another circle and then click a button to allow the small circle to minus back the large one. Resulting in a cut out.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just learned that i can export a photoshop 3D layer as a OBJ file and import it as a new 3D model for DimensionCC. This program just got 1million times better and it took me too long to find this. it should be in the tutorial.

It would be nice if there was a way to crop shapes, like maybe cut a spuere in half (in dimensioncc) byselecting 2 models and using some sort of path find type tool where it delets 1 shape and the area that is interesected.
        Either that or some sort of difform tool to difform shapes in program.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like a feature, which lets you "carve-out" a model by a different model. Kinda like, how the pathfinder in Ai works

• Daniel Badde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boolean operations are like a basic 3d editing tool. You can build virtually any structure you can imagine by combining and subtracting basic forms to or from each other. You don't need to look for a preset, or maybe the object you think of doesn't exist yet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base