or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that we’ve started work on supporting more file formats. We won’t be able to address all of them at the same time. Our initial new formats we’re looking to support will be:

.fbx
    .step
    .iges
    .stl

When these are available on prerelease I will post an update here with an invitation for you to come try it out! Thank you for the feedback!

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dante J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fantastic to support NURB geometry from CAD applications, such as Fusion 360

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Live link to software like CATIA / Solidworks / Rhino / Fusion 360 would be super helpful. Being able to do quick edits to CAD without having to re-import has been one of the greatest time savers of keyshot.

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see Solidworks part and assembly support as well as step and stl

• jmlg12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I may agree with Step files, but I'm less sure for STL...
        Stl is fine for 3D printing, but for Rendering there is no information either for normals nor textures...

• dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can export to OBJ and import... could have more file type support though.

.step and .stl are pretty common and would open up huge libraries of available cad models.

Feedback and Knowledge Base