Feature Request Details

360 background image

I would like to be able to use a 360 still or video with Dimension so that when I rotate the view the background rotates in relation to the objects in the center.

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dennis Keeling shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fredrik Johansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ability to use a spherical camera and as such also to use a spherical (HDRI or such) image as a background. To create a more immersive experience centered around the viewer.

• David Nikel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used this workflow in other applications such as Vred, or Showcase, or way back in the past in Opticore. Its a easy interactive way to see an entire model inside a 3d mapped environment. Matched backplates and HDR are not always easy to get and the back plate limits the perspective choices. The HDR gets mapped the dome geometry, provides a backdrop and light source all in one step. It can look "off" if the Her isn't mapped well to the shape , so tools to manipulate the Image in X,Y,Z and scale on the dome are necessary.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the HDR as the back drop, and have the option to have it mapped to a dome, square, or sphere.

Feedback and Knowledge Base