Feature Request Details

Augmented Reality support

If we can place the 3D object in the real world that would be great. Plain surface will be scanned and our 3D object can be placed on that surface. We can move around all sides of the 3D object we created with real light and environment. We can easily allow user to see the object from any angle and opposite side of the object how it will look. I think as AR is getting more into our day to day life this could be a great addition.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Premananda Ghosal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs more info  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

“AR Support” can cover a few things. Can I ask specifically what feature(s) you would want here? A way to edit the 3D scene in a VR/AR environment? An export/output to a VR/AR format? Something else?

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Premananda Ghosal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suppose we have created a customised Cup design/ laptop screen, box design just by drag drop of an image directly to the 3D object. If we can preview that in a real world table may be to preview client how this is going to look like, that would be great. As in 2D image output client will not be able to see how the backside of the object will look like. If we can place the object in real world table using camera then client can review from any angle he/she wants.

Feedback and Knowledge Base