Feature Request Details

Liquid Creation

When importing 3d models such as bottles, it would be nice if Adobe Dimension could add a liquid fill feature so that the bottle can represent a real beverage or condiment product.

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tamara Donaldson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Skip Pierce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I want to show liquid inside a clear or translucent bottle like shampoo or
        conditioner.

Is there a away to make a"fill" color inside containers? I'm doing hair products with varying product fill colors that I'd like to show in a clear container.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I saw that theres some bottles in Adobe stock, with liquid inside, but it could be nice if the users of the pack Adobe, could create objects from Illustrator and Photoshop with th posobility of fill it with liquid... Now all the shapes that you create with illustrator or photoshop, are filled, and it could be nice to modify it, to could prepare the shape inside the object, and after fill it with the Dimensions.

• Zuleyra Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this water content feature!! Will be very usefull for me and other graphic designers as well!

I'm a newbie to Dimension (1 project) but it seems as though you could create the bottom of your bottle as solid and add the top as clear glass.

(Maybe create it in Illustrator as a two part rotated image and open them separately in DIm.)

Haven't tried it but seems plausible!

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ehong We usually only do tutorials for our software, and since Dimension (or other Adobe software) doesn't currently have liquid creation, we won't be creating any tutorials.

At the moment you'd need to use a more complete 3D suite tool such as 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D, etc, and look for a tutorial for the program of your choice.

We're interested in this topic but it's not on the immediate roadmap.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates one this? If not, some better tutorials on this topic would help for now.

Feedback and Knowledge Base