Feature Request Details

More Assets

Simply put, there are not enough free 3D model assets/materials provided with Dimension CC.

I am aware of Adobe Stock; it is not a solution for one-off projects, and the "premium" licenses are even less of a solution.

We are already paying a good chunk of money for a Creative Cloud account and the apps; why on earth would we pay hundreds or thousands of dollars more just to create projects in our line of work when we could use another (free) 3D modeling program and find (free) 3D models online?

Dimension is a great program for people that don't have much experience in 3D modeling. With its limited assets, it will remain a novelty to most CC users and go unused, which is too bad considering the R&D that had to go into it.

At the VERY least make more useful 3d models Adobe stock rather than "Premium" - at the very best, include WAY more 3D assets included into the base level of Dimension CC.

Right now Dimension operates like Star Wars Battlefront 2, GTA Online or a similar environment; solid product, but obnoxious and transparent money-grab by Adobe, and it's insulting to your customers. WE ALREADY PAID A TON FOR THE GAME- WHY WOULD WE PAY FOR THE DLC?

Add more assets in for free, or lose customers instead of gaining subscriptions.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

C Poole shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! Since this forum is about feature requests for Dimension I’m going to mark it as an answer to a comment, but I will pass this feedback to the appropriate people on both Stock and Dimension teams.

I will say that Dimension can import .obj files so if you want to create your own content using a free modeling program or find free content you’re more than welcome to! Dimension is not a modeling tool, so it’s reasonable to use a separate modeling application for your needs.

Adobe Stock is highly curated and licensed for commercial work, but I use Turbosquid, CG Trader, and other sources all the time! Really depends on what you need.

We are always refining what we provide free inside the app but the truth is everyone needs different content and there’s a limited amount of content we can ship with because it makes the installer really large. Adobe Stock 3D has many free assets and we’ll continue to provide more content (both free and premium) through the Stock platform, as well as exploring better platforms for distributing new content for everyone.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Dimension and Stock teams are working on providing additional content (both free and paid) all the time. Stock 3D is a new platform and is still a relatively small offering, so check back regularly for new assets. I will also say we're working on making it easier to find free content in particular, which can be difficult to locate right now since there is no free filtering.

As a note though, premium content on Adobe Stock is created by professional 3D artists, not Adobe, and goes through multiple tiers of quality assurance checks. When you buy a premium asset you are supporting that artist and paying for the staff who check every asset to be sure it works appropriately and meets the highest quality in terms of visual aesthetics, technical functionality, and legal compliance. I'd just remind everyone that a lot of work by artists like yourselves go into creating premium content, and that is why they cost money. These costs are also outside of developing software, which is why it's not included in the Creative Cloud subscription.

• R Ciampa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I must agree with C Poole. EVERY SINGLE shirt model is Premium content. This is completely unacceptable. A Creative Cloud subscription already runs close to $700 a year. To expect us to pay extra for something as "bread and butter" as a t-shirt is borderline exploitation, especially at $20 a pop. This application is a great idea that is unfortunately hindered by paywalls. Please please please fix this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base