Feature Request Details

Automatically adjust the texture to the object

Hi jeannette,
I work a lot with Dimension and what we can do with this program is fantastic!
https://www.behance.net/emmanuelpepin
Now I go further in the creative possibilities and I wish create my own materials. But it's really hard to adjust the size and orientation of a homemade texture to the face of an object. The offset, angle and zoom are never the same from one object to another.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Emmanuel PEPIN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs more info  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

Thank you for the suggestion (and sharing your work). Just to be clear I understand the request you’d like to set up tiling/rotation etc. of a texture on one model, then when you use it on another model have it be effectively the same size on the screen?

Would that mean if the objects are different scale that the texture automatically sizes up or down for the model to maintain a consistent visual pattern?

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Emmanuel PEPIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Jeanette,
        First need: If the objects are the same size, the texture should have the same scale. Secondly, it would be great if you could choose automatic texture options like: original size, adjust to the surface and ... if the UV map of the sphere was displayed on the whole sphere.
        For example, I create a cube, a cylinder, and a sphere with exactly the same size. Then I put on the same texture with an image instead of color. Unfortunately the size of the image in the texture will be reproduced at very different zoom levels and positions on each object.
        https://www.behance.net/gallery/64106701/Texture-test
        The worst is the UV map on the sphere: the texture is reproduced symmetrically on each half.

Feedback and Knowledge Base