Feature Request Details

UV Map Editing or UV Map included

3D Models should come with UV Map for easy artwork creation.

3 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dante J shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All of the models that we include in the app or sell on Adobe Stock already have UVs added, so just to be clear you’re asking for a 2D image version of the UVs that you could take into Photoshop or Illustrator, etc, correct?

8 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jmlg12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

My 5 cents to this feed.

It should be nice to be able to open the texture of the object in Ai with the UV Overlay as you may have in Photoshop when you edit a texture.
    It could help placing the artwork on the product when the returning in Dimension
    Many Thanks

• Robert L Milton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must if you want a broader audience to adopt and integrate into their workflows... otherwise it becomes a novelty that exists in isolation for many types of work (early concepts for animators, quick texturing and lighting for moodboards, storyboards etc... and work that can be built upon in AE and C4D if approved... but if we can't export what is the use for this segment?)

• Phillip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's almost like your project called Fantastic fold, which i hope is still in the works

• Phillip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that would be cool, it would be like a plug-in for illustrator or photoshop like Esko studio
    here is the link https://youtu.be/2mm1jpOmNeI
    if we can make illustrator and dimension seamless jumping one to the other with ease
    that would be awesome!.

• Scott Carroll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So do the models in Dimension include a 2D counterpart of the UVs that can be opened in Photoshop/Illustrator? For example the box or can so I can create a label that wraps perfectly rather than scaling and fiddling with it. If so (which they should) where are they?

• Dante J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is correct! The lack of this features really limits what I want to do with it. Unless, I build the model myself and generate UV Maps myself, but at that point this really isn't an app that can provide true 3D to a Graphic Designer (Advocating for my friends who aren't 3D artists).

Feedback and Knowledge Base