Feature Request Details

Update shared 3D scene without changing its link

When I first share a model using the new Publish 3D Scene, I get a link I can send to my clients, that's great. If I later alter the models/cameras/decals/etc and publish it again, the original scene file in Creative Cloud is updated, that also great because it means there won't be dozens of duplicates for every alteration I make.

What's not so great is that every time I do publish I'm given a new link, meaning I always need to send my clients a new link for every revision. I'd like to be able to update the published scene and retain the same link, so my clients can bookmark it and open it whenever they want to check the project progress.

3 votes
Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Luís Camacho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) responded  · 

Updating existing links is part of the planned behaviour for published 3D scenes. It didn’t make it into the initial beta, but you can expect this in the future! I’ll update when we begin work on this.

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Liam Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will the 3D Scene support complex designs as Im having trouble viewing the design via a link on different devices when the design is more complex.

Also when zooming in and out of the scene's this is overly sensitive and not very easy to control.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Candice! No, the link is just a standard web-link and doesn't require Dimension or even an Adobe ID to view. They will need to sign-in with an Adobe ID to comment (IDs are free and do not require a subscription). We'll be adding guest commenting in the future. We'll also be adding password protection and private links in the future.

Feedback and Knowledge Base