Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPU Rendering

Would be nice to use this with external GPU. My 2015 MBP with AMD Radeon is running fans so loud, it is hard to listen. And the speed of rendering is pretty slow.

Otherwise I definitely love the idea of 3D app for designers inclouded in CC. Just as handy, as Adobe Muse. Can't wait to see next versions.

139 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

83 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone! I know it’s been quiet on the GPU side of things for a while now. I wanted to let you know it’s been actively under the works for a bit, but a lot going on behind the scenes. Here’s what I can say so far!

In Dimension 2.0 we’ve launched an entire new rendering engine, the Adobe Dimension Renderer. This is an in-house rendering engine which allows us to have more direct control over many things. We’re actively working on GPU support and have our first beta proof for the RTX cards, demoed at Adobe MAX last week:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4zNBOYcD1s

This includes an overhaul to being able to interact with the render mode, so thinking about both rendering during design work and as final renders. We’re still working on this and are looking to port the technologies to new cards and platforms (AMD, Mac Metal, etc.)

In…

2. Faster Rendering

Render times are slow, not usable.

Render times are way to slow. If I render a simluaur scene in Cinema 4D, it takes only 1,5 - 2 minutes instead of forever...

52 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dimension 2.3 is now available (July 16th) and has cut render times significantly through the use of a new technology: Denoising powered by Adobe Sensei machine learning. Now, we can render significantly less time and still provide the same high quality end result. You can find the denoising option in the application preferences.

At this time our rendering is still CPU based, so I’ll be leaving this idea marked as ‘started’ until we complete our GPU rendering integration which we have started.

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base